England Can Not Handle Summertime

The climate has not changed, all the scientific research states that over a period of centuries the climate might change.

No scientific study states that change has occured.

There's all kinds of data showing increased carbonization and warming of the atmosphere and oceans - there's your climate change. It's not even debatable. People only debate what it will look like 5, 10, 20, 50, or 500 years from now.

Hot weather is not right.Climate change is killing people.
troll.jpg

They did this last year also.
I am sure you all remember the news stories about "heat wave crises" in Europe.
In that thread... I posted up actual temperatures of several European cities. 80s and 90s.
What heat wave? That is not a heat wave.

There's all kinds of data showing increased carbonization and warming of the atmosphere and oceans - there's your climate change. It's not even debatable. People only debate what it will look like 5, 10, 20, 50, or 500 years from now.
You are expressing changes in the weather, nothing more. Then you go on to state there is a debate what the climate will be in 5 years, or more?

Show us something that states this is a new climate that we have not seen since we have studied different climates.

You are expressing changes in the weather, nothing more.

Nope. It's climate, not weather.

Then you go on to state there is a debate what the climate will be in 5 years, or more?

Show us something that states this is a new climate that we have not seen since we have studied different climates.

Nah, there's plenty of material on climate change online. You can see it for yourself; you're just not interested. It's easy to just look out your window and think everything's fine.

Nope. It's climate, not weather.

Nah, there's plenty of material on climate change online. You can see it for yourself; you're just not interested. It's easy to just look out your window and think everything's fine.
Like I said, you can not produce a study that states we now live in a different climate

Like I said, you can not produce a study that states we now live in a different climate

I don't have to produce a study to satisfy your lack of curiosity. I've probably posted it already and I don't feel the need to post it again to climate change deniers.

Our ecological destruction will deal with you (and all of us) soon enough, regardless of who wins the internetz.

I don't have to produce a study to satisfy your lack of curiosity. I've probably posted it already and I don't feel the need to post it again to climate change deniers.

Our ecological destruction will deal with you (and all of us) soon enough, regardless of who wins the internetz.
The climate changed without all the destruction?

The climate changed and all the disaster predictions never came true.

The climate changed and everything is actually better. No drought in the west, tons of sea ice in the north. The polar bears are thriving. We lost no cities to rising oceans. There are less hurricanes.

And as I have said you cant produce a study that says we are living in a new climate.

Hell, you are the only one claiming this climate is different

At least tell us the last day of the last climate

The climate changed without all the destruction?

These things take time.

The climate changed and all the disaster predictions never came true.

It's in the pipeline. Be patient.

The climate changed and everything is actually better.

lol

No drought in the west, tons of sea ice in the north. The polar bears are thriving. We lost no cities to rising oceans. There are less hurricanes.

lol, ok

And as I have said you cant produce a study that says we are living in a new climate.

Read climate twitter. James Hansen for starters.

Hell, you are the only one claiming this climate is different

Uh, hardly. And I've got to be honest, I was a late convert. I wasn't much better than you all even a few years ago. Once you read the science...it'll scare the piss out of you. But I understand: it's easier just to say 'Fuck the guy who wants to tell me to drive my SUV less often'.

These things take time.

It's in the pipeline. Be patient.

lol

lol, ok

Read climate twitter. James Hansen for starters.

Uh, hardly. And I've got to be honest, I was a late convert. I wasn't much better than you all even a few years ago. Once you read the science...it'll scare the piss out of you. But I understand: it's easier just to say 'Fuck the guy who wants to tell me to drive my SUV less often'.
Science?? You read the science and understand. Hahaha

Once I saw the solution, which came before the science, I saw the proganda/science to sell the solution as pure bullshit.

The solution, create the worlds largest heavy industry building more, using the most natural resourxes such as coal, iron, oil, kithium, cobalt, silica, to build more, millions of wind turbines and solar panels, build forever a short term product, a short lifespan, cover land by the square mile.

Sorry, but the worlds largest heavy industry manufacturing renewabkes forever is the problem. The largest polluter in the world is the green renewable heavy industry.

Yiu read the science and changed your mind, bullshit.

The democratic party created a $100 trillion dollar cash cow for wall st, the banks, heavy industry and themselves.

You pay the bill,.

Science?? You read the science and understand. Hahaha

Once I saw the solution, which came before the science, I saw the proganda/science to sell the solution as pure bullshit.

The solution, create the worlds largest heavy industry building more, using the most natural resourxes such as coal, iron, oil, kithium, cobalt, silica, to build more, millions of wind turbines and solar panels, build forever a short term product, a short lifespan, cover land by the square mile.

Sorry, but the worlds largest heavy industry manufacturing renewabkes forever is the problem. The largest polluter in the world is the green renewable heavy industry.

Yiu read the science and changed your mind, bullshit.

The democratic party created a $100 trillion dollar cash cow for wall st, the banks, heavy industry and themselves.

You pay the bill,.

I think the rush to renewables is a fad and won't stop our destruction of the environment, and in some ways, it will create new environmental problems that fossil fuels do not. It probably will make our air a little cleaner wherever we replace refineries with wind/solar farms but that's about it. Ironically, the reduced aerosols in the air will likely accelerate near-term heat.

There's really only one way to 'save the planet' (i.e., save our species) and that is through dramatic reduction in the production and consumption of energy. That's it. Any "sustainable growth" plan is total unmitigated bullshit.

When did the world become so stupid. England does not know how to cope with heat? They are studying and suggesting research to cope with summertime? They need new government programs to save themselves from summer?

A long time ago there was an invention called the Air Conditioner that ran pretty well on Coal and Nuclear power. Sadly, for the profit of the Government's chosen buddy corporations the switch to Wind and Solar power has left England and the world unable to cope with what man has lived with since the earth was born. Summertime.

View attachment 791638

The OP Lying about his own article which is talking about the Record Summer Peak Heat WaveS they have been having, NOT 79°F.

""..Those involved in the response to such events - such as local authorities, first responders and utility companies - are concerned that resources are at breaking point, the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment - part of London's LSE - said.

Last July, the UK recorded a temperature above 40C for the first time ever, reaching 40.3C in the Lincolnshire village of Coningsby."..."""

40.3°C is 105°F

`

Last edited:

Extremely Hot days are Warming Twice as Fast as Average Summer Days in North-West Europe

17 MAY 2023
University of Oxford

A study published today in Geophysical Research Letters shows that the maximum temperature of the hottest days is increasing at twice the rate of the maximum temperature of average summer days. The results highlight the need for urgent action by policy makers to adapt essential infrastructure to the impacts of climate change.

New research led by the University of Oxford has found that Climate Change is causing the hottest days in North-West Europe to warm at Double the rate of average summer days. The difference in trends is most pronounced for England, Wales, and Northern France. Worryingly, while current climate models accurately predict the rate of warming for average days, they underestimate the rate at which the hottest days are warming compared to observations...."

`.

Last edited:
I think the rush to renewables is a fad and won't stop our destruction of the environment, and in some ways, it will create new environmental problems that fossil fuels do not. It probably will make our air a little cleaner wherever we replace refineries with wind/solar farms but that's about it. Ironically, the reduced aerosols in the air will likely accelerate near-term heat.

There's really only one way to 'save the planet' (i.e., save our species) and that is through dramatic reduction in the production and consumption of energy. That's it. Any "sustainable growth" plan is total unmitigated bullshit.
I agree with much you say, i dont agree with needing to save the planet.

You should listen to george carlin's saving the planet bit.

Reduction in the production and use of energy comes with building things that are thee most efficient.

I have seen great accomplishments in my life in reversing pollution. We need to continue that.

Extremely Hot days are Warming Twice as Fast as Average Summer Days in North-West Europe

17 MAY 2023
University of Oxford

A study published today in Geophysical Research Letters shows that the maximum temperature of the hottest days is increasing at twice the rate of the maximum temperature of average summer days. The results highlight the need for urgent action by policy makers to adapt essential infrastructure to the impacts of climate change.

New research led by the University of Oxford has found that Climate Change is causing the hottest days in North-West Europe to warm at Double the rate of average summer days. The difference in trends is most pronounced for England, Wales, and Northern France. Worryingly, while current climate models accurately predict the rate of warming for average days, they underestimate the rate at which the hottest days are warming compared to observations...."

You cant change the temperature by increasing manufacturing which the renewable heavy industry does, dramatically.

I saw a headline about the UK not being ready for sweltering 79 degree weather.

79 degrees is sweltering? lol
Brits often fly off on holiday to warmer climates.

When we visited the Dominican Republic, we landed in 40c temperature. One year, some were fainting in the queue at the Epcot centre due to the heat.

No matter where you live, you acclimatize to the temperature, humidity, and altitude. As those increase or decrease, you acclimatize. It's often said about hot countries, "Through the middle of the day, it's the tourists wandering around outside, the locals stay indoors'.

That's why the Spanish have always had Siestas, to keep out of the heat.

Everything is pussified, the opposition to the government always blames failings of the current government, so each one tries to get more proactive. So the current government does all this, "Prepare for heat strategy", crap so the opposition can't whinge if 98 year old Olive collapses and dies from the heat.

Heat kills, and it often catches its victims by surprise. Sure, people can go out and by an indoor unit, but all it would take is one really hot afternoon to kill a lot of elderly, indigent, or chronically-ill people who didn't think they needed an AC.

Cold kills far more.

Science says something quite different. Last year there was already strong data indicating that we would be facing a potentially extraordinary transition from La Nina to neutral and then to El Nino. We're not even in El Nino yet and record high temperatures have been recorded already. Not just records for the day, but for the month and in some cases, for all time.

Predictions are tricky but there is a real possibility that next summer (2024) could be a warming event that humans haven't faced since the dawn of civilization and possibly even farther back into pre-history than that.

No, it doesn't. The climate scientists rely on computer derived fiction. There is nothing empirical in what they present.

Humidity levels are high in Britain.I live in Texas, and 80-90 degrees in Florida is stifling and hot to me, while the same temp s here are only mildly uncomfortable, mostly due to rain raising the humidity. My AC is set on 80-82f on most days in the summer. It might go to 76 after a rainstorm for a day or two until it dries out a little. High ceilings and ceiling fans work well. I can relate to 80 degrees being 'hot' when humidity is high.

No, it doesn't. The climate scientists rely on computer derived fiction. There is nothing empirical in what they present.

Volcanic activity has caused dramatic changes in weather, and relatively often. Changes in axial tilts will, too. There is also evidence of magnetic poles flipping and causing weather changes.

Forum List

Back