England Can Not Handle Summertime

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
When did the world become so stupid. England does not know how to cope with heat? They are studying and suggesting research to cope with summertime? They need new government programs to save themselves from summer?

A long time ago there was an invention called the Air Conditioner that ran pretty well on Coal and Nuclear power. Sadly, for the profit of the Government's chosen buddy corporations the switch to Wind and Solar power has left England and the world unable to cope with what man has lived with since the earth was born. Summertime.
It is calling for a national strategy on extreme heat; better understanding of the effect of hot temperatures on vulnerable groups; improved communication and engagement; and for potential cuts to public bodies' budgets to be stopped.

Candice Howarth, head of local climate action at the Grantham Institute, said the UK "does not have a history of climate adaptation to cope with extreme heat but this now must be at the top of the agenda for government, organisations, cities and the public".

as.jpg

I saw a headline about the UK not being ready for sweltering 79 degree weather.

79 degrees is sweltering? lol

For Britain in early June, that's unseasonably warm for sure. Keep in mind, London, which is in the south of England, is still well north of any North American city, at 51 North. Many homes in the UK don't have AC installed in them because they've not needed them, but warming is accelerating the fastest in the norther latitudes.

For Britain in early June, that's unseasonably warm for sure. Keep in mind, London, which is in the south of England, is still well north of any North American city, at 51 North. Many homes in the UK don't have AC installed in them because they've not needed them, but warming is accelerating the fastest in the norther latitudes.
Does this require government funded research and new expanded bureaucracy to come up with a solution.

That is the ridiculousness I am pointing out, nobody needs to grow government to address the need for window air conditioners.

Does this require government funded research and new expanded bureaucracy to come up with a solution.

That is the ridiculousness I am pointing out, nobody needs to grow government to address the need for window air conditioners.

Heat kills, and it often catches its victims by surprise. Sure, people can go out and by an indoor unit, but all it would take is one really hot afternoon to kill a lot of elderly, indigent, or chronically-ill people who didn't think they needed an AC.

Heat kills, and it often catches its victims by surprise. Sure, people can go out and by an indoor unit, but all it would take is one really hot afternoon to kill a lot of elderly, indigent, or chronically-ill people who didn't think they needed an AC.
You have just identified the problem, stated the consequences, and provided the solution.

Do you really think England needs to create a new department, expand the government, to address this?

England has screwed up going green, now they will not have the energy to make ice cubes or cold beer.

I do not argue if there is a problem, the point I have made is the stupid response of the government of England.

Nothing less than Nuclear, Coal, or Natural Gas will give them the power to cool the homes that may need it. Other than that, cold beer and lemonade is the solution.

It was 22c, 71f up North today, and it was damn nice.

I was born in the UK the late 60's and have grown up in both hot and freezing weather, it never used to be an issue. As kids, we went back home black because we played in the melted tar on the roads, or we went home frozen after making igloos in the snow by using empty ice cream tubs to make snow bricks.

But over the last decade or so, everything seems to grind to a halt if it gets too hot or too cold in the UK. But it's like everything nowadays, things are getting more Lefty, more emotional, more fragile. When it got cold, we used to put a coat on, and when it got too hot, you used to open the window and/or dip your wrists in cold water to cool the blood.

You have just identified the problem, stated the consequences, and provided the solution.

👍

Do you really think England needs to create a new department, expand the government, to address this?

Seems like a waste of administrative capacity to me, but maybe there's something I'm missing

England has screwed up going green, now they will not have the energy to make ice cubes or cold beer.

I do not argue if there is a problem, the point I have made is the stupid response of the government of England.

Nothing less than Nuclear, Coal, or Natural Gas will give them the power to cool the homes that may need it. Other than that, cold beer and lemonade is the solution.

Energy production & consumption is the problem. It's England's problem. It's the world's problem.

The climate is not unstable, the only thing that's unstable are alarmists.

Science says something quite different. Last year there was already strong data indicating that we would be facing a potentially extraordinary transition from La Nina to neutral and then to El Nino. We're not even in El Nino yet and record high temperatures have been recorded already. Not just records for the day, but for the month and in some cases, for all time.

Predictions are tricky but there is a real possibility that next summer (2024) could be a warming event that humans haven't faced since the dawn of civilization and possibly even farther back into pre-history than that.

Science says something quite different. Last year there was already strong data indicating that we would be facing a potentially extraordinary transition from La Nina to neutral and then to El Nino. We're not even in El Nino yet and record high temperatures have been recorded already. Not just records for the day, but for the month and in some cases, for all time.

Predictions are tricky but there is a real possibility that next summer (2024) could be a warming event that humans haven't faced since the dawn of civilization and possibly even farther back into pre-history than that.
Don't worry, it's allowed to happen.

When did the world become so stupid. England does not know how to cope with heat? They are studying and suggesting research to cope with summertime? They need new government programs to save themselves from summer?

A long time ago there was an invention called the Air Conditioner that ran pretty well on Coal and Nuclear power. Sadly, for the profit of the Government's chosen buddy corporations the switch to Wind and Solar power has left England and the world unable to cope with what man has lived with since the earth was born. Summertime.

View attachment 791638
Hot weather is not right.Climate change is killing people.

By, buy. Different words.
hair-fire.gif

Forum List

Back