Ending free market healthcare will destroy innovation incentives.

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Capitalism breeds competition and innovation.
Government control/ regulation stifles it.
There is room for good regulation that would increase competition and drive down costs like UP FRONT PRICING. Ever offer to pay a hospital bill at the time services are rendered? I have and where I live it is impossible. They couldn't even tell me the costs of the services I was receiving.
Those kind of common sense regulations would foster competition and drive down costs as a result.

On the flip side having only Medicare who will micromanage your healthcare and services while forcing medical providers to "accept" a flat payment will kill your ability to control your own healthcare unless you are wealthy.

There is middle ground here that could easily be worked with but the left have proven themselves incapable of honest negotiations. Their constant demand to have the government dress them and wipe their ass will destroy our healthcare system.

There is room for good regulation that would increase competition and drive down costs like UP FRONT PRICING. Ever offer to pay a hospital bill at the time services are rendered? I have and where I live it is impossible. They couldn't even tell me the costs of the services I was receiving.
Those kind of common sense regulations would foster competition and drive down costs as a result.

On the flip side having only Medicare who will micromanage your healthcare and services while forcing medical providers to "accept" a flat payment will kill your ability to control your own healthcare unless you are wealthy.

There is middle ground here that could easily be worked with but the left have proven themselves incapable of honest negotiations. Their constant demand to have the government dress them and wipe their ass will destroy our healthcare system.
Exactly what is the "middle ground" when the GOP has offered NOTHING in response to DECADES of skyrocketing health care costs?

Exactly why has the Rube Herd sat around with their thumbs up their asses while Trump and the GOP massively hoaxed them about their imaginary Obamacare replacement for the past NINE YEARS?

When, not if, we end up with single payer health care, the pseudocons will blame negroes and Mexicans and homos and whatever other minority is their flavor of the day, but the real culprit will be with the person looking back at them in the mirror.

Let me ask you this . How much price comparison are you able to do In the middle of your heart attack ?

When, not if, we end up with single payer health care, the pseudocons will blame negroes and Mexicans and homos and whatever other minority is their flavor of the day

This kind of overt racism is why you are going back on ignore.
Are there racist righties? Yup, just like the ones on the left LIKE YOU.
The only difference is they don't hide behind a shield of projection when they spout their nonsense.

The govt. invests in the research..

Let me ask you this . How much price comparison are you able to do In the middle of your heart attack ?
Pointless strawman. How many times have you been to see a doctor? How many of those times were for a heart attack?
My grandmother was on that government healthcare bullshit and her end of life care was a micromanaged disaster.

When, not if, we end up with single payer health care, the pseudocons will blame negroes and Mexicans and homos and whatever other minority is their flavor of the day

This kind of overt racism is why you are going back on ignore.
Are there racist righties? Yup, just like the ones on the left LIKE YOU.
The only difference is they don't hide behind a shield of projection when they spout their nonsense.
It's a shame you can't handle the truth. Just like the rest of the Rube Herd.

Insurance companies have no fucking business being involved with health care.
Your body is not an optional purchase.
Let them insure boats, houses, cars, commercial businesses and other things that people have an OPTION of owning.
We can take Canadian and European models and IMPROVE on them.
But the big insurance companies have lobbyists in D.C. making sure that won't happen.

And those research dollars will have to be cut DRASTICALLY to make up for the explosion in the money they have to pay to take care of EVERYONE

Nah, silly myth. The medical equipment and pharma companies are turning record profits. They will still be interested in turning profits, even if they aren't record profits.

Pointless strawman. How many times have you been to see a doctor? How many of those times were for a heart attack?
My grandmother was on that government healthcare bullshit and her end of life care was a micromanaged disaster.

It is not a strawman. It’s real life . Much of health care is a necessity. And even when it’s not an emergency your options are few .

Just look at the price of insulin right now . Cons ignore the fact that health care is a necessity and not subject to regular supply/demand .

And those research dollars will have to be cut DRASTICALLY to make up for the explosion in the money they have to pay to take care of EVERYONE
They will jack up taxes to do it.

Why would you do a price comparison in the middle of a heart attack? Why do you tards always bring up that stupid ass question when this debate is being hashed? That's precisely what your insurance would be for, catastrophic occurrences, just like your home owner's insurance, just like your car insurance. Does your home owner's insurance pay for you to repaint your house or relandscape your front lawn? Does your auto insurance pay for your oil changes and tire replacements? No. Imagine how much they would cost if they did, yet for some reason we expect our health insurance to do exactly that and then wonder why it costs so much fucking money.

It's really not hard to fix the problem with our health care system. Control needs to be returned to the doctor and the patient instead of the government and the insurance companies, but the politicians will never let that happen and the American people are too fucking stupid to grasp basic economics.

They will jack up taxes to do it.
You can not tax enough to cover the cost.

Nonsense.

There are things capitalism does well and things at which capitalism sucks – managing healthcare being a prime example.

Innovation in healthcare is pointless if only the very wealthy can afford the benefits of that innovation.

Indeed, the notion of allocating healthcare pursuant to a ‘free market’ paradigm is as reprehensible as it is wrong.

And no one is advocating ‘ending’ free market healthcare; as always a blend of private and public sectors is the best approach.

Why would you do a price comparison in the middle of a heart attack? Why do you tards always bring up that stupid ass question when this debate is being hashed? That's precisely what your insurance would be for, catastrophic occurrences, just like your home owner's insurance, just like your car insurance. Does your home owner's insurance pay for you to repaint your house or relandscape your front lawn? Does your auto insurance pay for your oil changes and tire replacements? No. Imagine how much they would cost if they did, yet for some reason we expect our health insurance to do exactly that and then wonder why it costs so much fucking money.

It's really not hard to fix the problem with our health care system. Control needs to be returned to the doctor and the patient instead of the government and the insurance companies, but the politicians will never let that happen and the American people are too fucking stupid to grasp basic economics.

What does basic economics say about necessities?

Forum List

Back