End of Oil is at our door step; what next?

should this concern you

• yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • no

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You big oil folks can sure kick at a dead horse indefinitely.

From 2010

Save it? Wind and Solar increase the use of oil.

Like I say, wind and solar are weak, problematic, inefficient, sources for a tiny amount of electricty.
I never mentioned wind, first off.
And yes, we need to save it for future use and diversify as much as possible.

And stop polluting my fucking planet.

I've been saying that since before Nixon created the EPA.

Now peak oil is a 'conspiracy theory' ?

I'm guessing that's the funniest thing I'll hear today, but it's still pretty early.

Peak oil has been around since 1900!

So yeah, you ARE a conspiracy kook.

The investor class believes they're entitled to keep 'peak oil' a big secret until it's financially feasible to admit it's about to run out....let it hit $300 a barrel and up, $10 a gallon in the US....$20 in Europe.

(in the meantime they'll diversify and corner the alternative energy market... )

Peak Oil was a political move in the US in the 1950s.. US oil couldn't compete with oil from the ME and this nutty prophecy was to make buying more imports pallitable to the American public. Oil men knew it was a joke.

Energy broker Matthew Simmons revived it during the Bush administration and got rich on the hysteria he generated.

Thanks westwall ! Don't forget;

yogi-bear-quotes-768x644.jpg

I love that the most famous spill , Exxon Valdez, isn't even on the list.

Climate Change will not bring about our end~~ but this will; within your grandchild’s life time

The climate has been changing since day one & it will continue to change, with or without us!!!

Today’s real issue is ENERGY, so let’s get together and fix this while we still can

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?
Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/forecasting.html

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing our habits and this spells doom for us all.

Do you have any suggestions--?

Libya will be an interesting place to watch.

· Libya’s current production rate is 1.8 million barrels of oil a day

· At that rate Libya will exhaust all its reserves within 63 years

· Existing oil fields undergoing a 7–8% decline rate

They have highways and freeways and use cars and trucks just like the rest of us do.

But up until now gas was pretty much free.

If there is going to be a drive to manufacture electric and hybrid cars for local consumption

now is the time for Libya to use its cash reserves and invest in local production of the next generation power systems.

At least in the US we have the cash and will to build a new future for America and the

people are willing to do their part too. Anyway

I hope people are trying to think this through?

China is joining France and Britain in announcing plans to end sales of gasoline and diesel cars.

China's industry ministry is developing a timetable to end production and sale of traditional fuel cars and will promote development of electric technology, state media on Sunday cited a Cabinet official as saying.

France and Britain announced in July they will stop sales of gasoline and diesel automobiles by 2040 as part of efforts to reduce pollution and carbon emissions that contribute to global warming.

Communist leaders also want to curb China's growing appetite for imported oil and see electric cars as a promising industry in which their country can take an early lead.

China passed the United States last year as the biggest electric car market. Sales of electrics and gasoline-electric hybrids rose 50 percent over 2015 to 336,000 vehicles, or 40 percent of global demand. U.S. sales totaled 159,620.

https://tinyurl.com/ycsg6xb6
What a giant lie

Since the 1980s libs have been predicting the end of oil

And pretending to be concerned about it

When the truth is they are freaked out that we may not run out soon enough

What a giant lie

Since the 1980s libs have been predicting the end of oil

And pretending to be concerned about it

When the truth is they are freaked out that we may not run out soon enough
Actually, since the 1980s, neocon and neoliberal policies have increased the consumption of oil with the terrible trade deals and expansion of imported goods, not to mention , defense spending and wars.

At the risk of wasting my time, what is next is the creation of more financial paper and the subsequent manipulation of the trade value thereof. They're gonna try to collaterize nature itself and they're gonna try to sell it off as shares by some natural asset company.

Think of intangibles like energy produced by storm systems or whatever other natural phenomenon. It'll all be up for grabs. But...do see any of my previous dialogue with regard to weather derivatives around here. Because it's relevant.

Additionally, and largely forgotten, is that all of those derivatives from the '08 crash are still out there floating around everywhere. But that goes a little deper into the scheme of things, as there actually is an interest in making all of that bad paper good to some extent.

Anyway. Here's a relevant read...

Wall Street's Diabolical Plan to Financialize all of Nature

At the risk of wasting my time, what is next is the creation of more financial paper and the subsequent manipulation of the trade value thereof. They're gonna try to collaterize nature itself and they're gonna try to sell it off as shares by some natural asset company.

Think of intangibles like energy produced by storm systems or whatever other natural phenomenon. It'll all be up for grabs. But...do see any of my previous dialogue with regard to weather derivatives around here. Because it's relevant.

Additionally, and largely forgotten, is that all of those derivatives from the '08 crash are still out there floating around everywhere. But that goes a little deper into the scheme of things, as there actually is an interest in making all of that bad paper good to some extent.

Anyway. Here's a relevant read...

Wall Street's Diabolical Plan to Financialize all of Nature
Nothing surprises me after seeing that in some areas it's illegal to collect rainwater.

Wow, lots of Malthusian folks arguing about how to limit people.
The Earth produces oil; And, because it is often found with various fossils, people have assumed that fossils produced the oil.
There really is no shortage of oil. At times one can overdraw an area, but, later the Earth replenishes it. Where I live, oil and gas were discovered in 1928, but no one has attempted to develope the deposits hereabouts.
And, it is oil deposits that fuel volcanoes, and melt the rocks.
So don't let a bunch of people with limited minds fool you into supposing you have to go back to living in caves, and giving your wealth to Rich dudes to "save" you.

Nothing surprises me after seeing that in some areas it's illegal to collect rainwater.

Well, you have to lay the groundwork for making the serfs understand who owns nature itself, you see.

Contrary to popular opinion, these people do actually think ahead.

But yeah. In terms of what is next? Post # 83. Final answer.

I doubt there will be much discussion about it out in the wild. The smut peddlers in cable news entertainment and on the so-called business networks certainly have no interest in anything beyond instigating low-value divide and conquer type left/right, red/blue, D/R type narratives, which have nothing to do with what is actually going on but rather serve to keep the electorate looking the other way while they all cash in.

Not only that, but the talking heads are largely stupid anyway. They're just overpaid talking heads reading a teleprompter, with the words pre-approved by the upper levels who actually do understand what's next.

There's really not a nickel's worth of difference between em at that level of politics. Yeah, people can fool themselves into believing there is. But there simply isn't.

So. There is a choice to be made. The electorate can occupy themselves with the meaningless drivel and useless back and forth dick waving brought on by whatever the smut peddlers are throwing out there to see what sticks or they can pay attention to what is really going on. This is a choice. Do or do not.

I, for one, am kind of tired of wasting the keystrokes. Really, I should just shut up about it and cash in myself while everyone is busy talking about what the idiot box says to talk about with regard to the topic. I mean, that's what they're doing. Heh heh. But, alas, my principles forbid such treachery.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back