End of Conservative Talk Radio? Network Will Drop Limbaugh & Hannity

You really should read the whole article zippy.

Premiere officials did not comment for the report, either. But the impact to Mr. Limbaugh and Mr. Hannity would be minimal, an industry analyst said, Newser reported. That’s because they’d likely just move to Clear Channel markets, for the same or even greater rate.

Cumulus boots Hannity off Talk Radio, Megyn Kelly boots him off Television

Ms. Kelly is taking over Mr. Hannity’s prime-time slot after she returns from maternity leave, according to media reports. Mr. Hannity declined to discuss details of his future, but did promise it was rosy.

Read more: Sean Hannity on his primetime loss to Megyn Kelly: 'In the end I'm very happy' - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

A two-fer!

But have faith Cons ... Hannity can always go to CNN !

:lol:

Last edited:
Cumulus Media, the second-largest broadcast company in the nation, is poised to drop Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity from its stations before the close of 2013, an industry source said.

Good riddance! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! You have done enough damage to this nation!

Odds are they are probably going to run with Levin, Savage and there is a new hot kid on the conservative talk show block who would come in way cheaper than anyone before I have mentioned.

America now with Andy Dean. This kid is sizzling hot. Listening to him nightly now he has got me addicted.

He rocks.

I have taken to listening to him as well. He's informative, and funny as well.

He really has on some just amazing guests that aren't in my normal realm of radio conservatives. And he's a smart ass. A really great smart ass who can poke fun at himself. I really like him.

He has a cult following but never really quite caught on. Levin is pretty irrelevant and I have even heard less about Savage. I want to say Savage is on FBN, maybe I've heard Imus talk about him.

Never heard of Andy Dean.

He really has on some just amazing guests that aren't in my normal realm of radio conservatives. And he's a smart ass. A really great smart ass who can poke fun at himself. I really like him.

I've not heard him but that trait ^^ goes a long way. If Limbag could pull that off he'd be a lot less polarizing.

I think this kid has got it all. He's going to hit it big. Huge self deprecating humor on how he's a conservative. Still being able to question shit on our side.

For example over Zimmerman, he took a lot of time to make up his mind weighing in the potential "wanna be cop " factor until he was convinced that Z was getting his head bashed in and was scared shitless and fired fearing for his life.

He took his time. I like that. Although I freely admit I screamed at the radio a few times. Hey I don't like knee jerks left or right. His guests are new and fresh as well. Both conservatives and liberals.

If I was younger and wanted to start a business that I could lock into a national show, I'd advertise with him.

You can take this kid to the bank. :eusa_angel:

Newsflash to drivebymoron:

- The Andy Williams show has been cancelled.

I can't quite see Murdoch and the Koch Boys letting Limbaugh and Hannity drop out of sight.

They need the rants of these two creeps to keep their tea party chorus drooling at the mouth.

Now that the advertisers are gone, it is only a matter of when Murdoch and the Koch Boys shut off the money spigot.

:)

Last edited:
(a) quite true. And as mentioned before, he's expensive. What Cumulus is doing is a simple cost analysis. An expensive investment isn't a problem--- IF you're getting return.

(b) it's not clear if they'll replace talk with talk (and they have their own talkers so the cost plummets in that move) or if they're assessing talk radio in general. The fact is the demographic of old angry white geezers is dying off, and any business analysis, especially one dependent on a public audience, has to take that seriously into account.
To B – I was not insinuating that was not a possibility. Even if that happens though, the impact will be rather small. What I was saying is that the audience is there (even if smaller) and they will simply go to another station or venue as in the case of XM. In the grand scheme of things, it is almost irrelevant.

Really, it would not surprise me that much of that audience is FINALLY moving to the internet anyway. The same ditto heads are opening attractions there as well (the Blaze would be good example there). Even if the venue changes, the market is there and will always be there.

The OP makes this out as some sort of victory for liberal thought but in reality it is far from that. It simply represents changing ditto heads and demographics.

He has a cult following but never really quite caught on. Levin is pretty irrelevant and I have even heard less about Savage. I want to say Savage is on FBN, maybe I've heard Imus talk about him.

Never heard of Andy Dean.

Levin is #4 last time I looked at the Talker's top 100. He's my inner scream :eusa_angel:

And on top of all he gives you politically and constitutionally and legally, he's a major dog person. Rescuing Sprite. Oh my what to say.

Mark's really awesome.

411CvVb%2BtdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_.jpg

Mark Levin, while known as a lawyer and nationally syndicated broadcaster, considers himself first and foremost a dog lover. In 2004, Mark’s family added a new member to their bunch—a beautiful, Spaniel-mixed dog they named Sprite. With his beautiful face and soft, huggable fur, Sprite immediately bonded with the Levin family.

But on Halloween night, just three weeks after being adopted, Sprite collapsed and had to be rushed to the animal hospital in what would turn out to be the first of many such visits—and a difficult, heart-wrenching journey for the entire family.

Over the next two years, Sprite’s health deteriorated, but his spirit remained high and his beauty and grace continued to inspire, until the holiday season of 2006, when the Levin family had to say a final goodbye to their beloved pet. Rescuing Sprite is a stunningly intimate revelation of the strong love that can develop between a family and a pet, and the realization, as Mark Levin puts it, that “in the end, we humans are the lucky ones.”

[ame]http://www.amazon.ca/Rescuing-Sprite-Lovers-Story-Anguish/dp/1439165432[/ame]

Last edited:
(a) quite true. And as mentioned before, he's expensive. What Cumulus is doing is a simple cost analysis. An expensive investment isn't a problem--- IF you're getting return.

(b) it's not clear if they'll replace talk with talk (and they have their own talkers so the cost plummets in that move) or if they're assessing talk radio in general. The fact is the demographic of old angry white geezers is dying off, and any business analysis, especially one dependent on a public audience, has to take that seriously into account.
To B – I was not insinuating that was not a possibility. Even if that happens though, the impact will be rather small. What I was saying is that the audience is there (even if smaller) and they will simply go to another station or venue as in the case of XM. In the grand scheme of things, it is almost irrelevant.

Really, it would not surprise me that much of that audience is FINALLY moving to the internet anyway. The same ditto heads are opening attractions there as well (the Blaze would be good example there). Even if the venue changes, the market is there and will always be there.

The OP makes this out as some sort of victory for liberal thought but in reality it is far from that. It simply represents changing ditto heads and demographics.

I concur. Posters love to bring in ratings of this show or that show as if it's some kind of vote count on ideology but ideology is not what draws audience. Never was.

I can't quite see Murdoch and the Koch Boys letting Limbaugh and Hannity drop out of sight.

They need the rants of these two creeps to keep their tea party chorus drooling at the mouth.

Now that the advertisers are gone, it is only a matter of when Murdoch and the Koch Boys shut off the money spigot.

They are still #1 and #2 in talk radio.

You really are embarrassing yourself in this thread.

. ...Conservative Media will always have a market so long as the rest of the media remains committed to its bias.

That Conservative talk radio "market" has shrunk so much that advertisers are not providing operating cash ... angels like Murdoch and Koch are footing the bill - and they are getting flakey on what bottomless pits they pump money into.

I suppose you have some evidence that Murdoch or the Koch brothers have spent one red cent propping up talk radio.

I concur. Posters love to bring in ratings of this show or that show as if it's some kind of vote count on ideology but ideology is not what draws audience. Never was.

Rush is still number one. Why? Because he is hysterically funny. You should hear him tear into Republicans.

Not kidding. You would laugh your ass off. He takes no prisoners.

Most of the time since 2006 I'd say most of his on air time victims have been Republicans. But you would never know it from the media's reports on him.

It is rather amusing to open a thread and read about yet another liberal wet dream. Who in their right mind take the 1 and 2 shows off the air, oh right liberals.

Rush is still number one. Why? Because he is hysterically funny. You should hear him tear into Republicans.

Not kidding. You would laugh your ass off. He takes no prisoners.

Most of the time since 2006 I'd say most of his on air time victims have been Republicans. But you would never know it from the media's reports on him.

I think I know funny, and Rash isn't. Can't pull it off to save his life. Of course it depends on what one considers funny.

But ratings are drawn by spectacle. Outrageous controversy and scandal and fear and loathing. That's his stock in trade, and that's why he got where he is.

Forum List

Back