End of an era

LOL! Looks like I am not the one who does not understand sarcasm.

And yes, people will make comments I do not like. And I am free to call them on it and disagree with them. Which is what happened in this thread.
Disagreeing is one thing but not getting sarcasm is whole different thing.

LOL, indeed. :itsok:

all the retired Marine Generals agree,

And it can come at the loss of mission flexibility.

Just as much as preparing to fight the last war can be a loss, so can preparing to fight a specific war that does not happen.

And it would not be the first time the Corps fought on islands, and they used tanks in those engagements also. Now there was damned little tank to tank combat in the Pacific War, but that does not mean they were not needed for their primary role of infantry support. Really the only tank to tank combat in that theater was in the Philippines, but tanks were invaluable in engagements on Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. Even on Tarawa they were important in providing direct fire on to enemy positions as the infantry could take cover behind them.

And it's not like the Corps had a hell of a lot of them. Each Division only had a single Tank Company. And if they are the point of the knife say supporting the defense of Taiwan, they now have no armor to support them, and it is going to take a while for the Army to get off the dime and get their asses over there.

I agree that a lot of the emphasis on amphibious doctrine could be reinforced. But not at the expense of having suitable assets in the event they are needed.

I didn't say it was good sarcasm. But it is sarcasm.

How about we get back to the topic now?
Nope. That wasn’t sarcasm. Not by any stretch. Like I said, you may want to look up the definition.

But, yeah, sure. By all means let’s get back on topic. Which we could have done a long time back if you could have just let go that you didn’t get my sarcasm and getting all bent out of shape that some one dared comment differently on your sacred thread.

I don’t think you can let it go but hey, surprise me.

"The Marine Corps is scrapping its scout sniper program and will soon house its snipers under reconnaissance, rather than infantry, battalions. Instead of scout sniper platoons, infantry battalions will have scout platoons, a message sent to the fleet from the Corps’ Plans, Policies and Operations department on Tuesday said. The message called for the transition to happen immediately"

"Scout platoons will be made up of 26 Marines: four teams of six infantry Marines, with a first lieutenant and a gunnery sergeant in charge. That’s larger than scout sniper platoons, which typically have 18 Marines"

I'm sure there will be plenty of marksmen in each platoon.

Why are Marines getting rid of Snipers?
Because in future , wars will be run via machines and weaponised satellites .
Or , prior mind manipulation and control .
Somewhat like yours was , and always will be .

Nope. That wasn’t sarcasm. Not by any stretch. Like I said, you may want to look up the definition.

But, yeah, sure. By all means let’s get back on topic. Which we could have done a long time back if you could have just let go that you didn’t get my sarcasm and getting all bent out of shape that some one dared comment differently on your sacred thread.

I don’t think you can let it go but hey, surprise me.

Oh, so you attack me, then agree to get back on topic, and don't want me to respond.

And yes, it was sarcasm.

It was not that you dared to comment differently. It was that you took the low road and blamed Biden. No reason, just did it. More stupid is not a good thing for the site.

"The Marine Corps is scrapping its scout sniper program and will soon house its snipers under reconnaissance, rather than infantry, battalions. Instead of scout sniper platoons, infantry battalions will have scout platoons, a message sent to the fleet from the Corps’ Plans, Policies and Operations department on Tuesday said. The message called for the transition to happen immediately"

"Scout platoons will be made up of 26 Marines: four teams of six infantry Marines, with a first lieutenant and a gunnery sergeant in charge. That’s larger than scout sniper platoons, which typically have 18 Marines"

I'm sure there will be plenty of marksmen in each platoon.

And every Marine is a rifleman first. So, while not snipers, they are no slouches at a distance.

Oh, so you attack me, then agree to get back on topic, and don't want me to respond.

And yes, it was sarcasm.

It was not that you dared to comment differently. It was that you took the low road and blamed Biden. No reason, just did it. More stupid is not a good thing for the site.
Again, retard. I am a supporter of Biden and that was sarcasm. As I have said repeatedly, you need to bone up on the term. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:

Forum List

Back