Encouragment For God's servants

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is an encouraging video which contains some encouraging quotes from William Gurnall. Willam Gurnall was born in 1616 and went on to heaven in 1679. He was a graduate of Emmanuel College, Cambridge, England. He became a Pastor and delivered his sermons to the Church of Christ is Suffolk. His sermons, quotes, continue to bless the Christian who is seriously seeking the LORD. The Word of God encourages the body of Christ to minister one to another with a song, a hymn, scripture from the Word of God, preaching of the Word of God daily to edify, encourage and strengthen the Believer.

[ame=http://youtu.be/y4FUNY25Np4]A Meditation -William Gurnall - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Ephesians 5:19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,

1 Corinthians 14:15
So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.

1 Corinthians 14:26
What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Colossians 3:16
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

Last edited:
Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Cross References

Matthew 19:28
Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 25:21
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

2 Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Last edited:
Praise ye the LORD, Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.

From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised.

The LORD is high above all the nations, and his glory above the heavens.

Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high. Who humbled himself to behold the things which are in heaven, and in the earth! He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill: That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

- Psalm 113: 1 - 9

Luke 10:2 He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two
1Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. 2And He was saying to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3"Go; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.…

Cross References

Matthew 9:37
Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

Matthew 9:38
Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

John 4:35
Don't you have a saying, 'It's still four months until harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look upon the fields, for they are white already to harvest.

Last edited:
As the praises of God come forth from her heart, let the Spirit of the LORD refresh you! Lift up your voices, O ye saints, and worship the LORD today!

[ame=http://youtu.be/keVPL9HfuJ8]Twila Paris - He is Exalted - YouTube[/ame]

Psalm 50:23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation."

Pulpit Commentary:

Verse 23. - Whose offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God. As the wicked have their parting warning, so the godly have their parting encouragement. God is "glorified" (see ver. 15) by those who offer him praise from a sincere heart; and if a man will lay down for himself a straight path and pursue it, God will "show him his salvation;' i.e. will bring him to peace and blessedness.

Last edited:
Joshua 24:15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for

Cross References

Genesis 35:2
So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, "Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes.

Joshua 24:16
Then the people answered, "Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods!

Judges 6:10
I said to you, 'I am the LORD your God; do not worship the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you live.' But you have not listened to me."

Ruth 1:15
"Look," said Naomi, "your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her."

1 Kings 18:21
Elijah went before the people and said, "How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.

Last edited:
The person who chooses to follow Christ and turn his back on the world is no fool. Wise men seek the LORD. Jesus Christ is the pearl of great price! May all the servants of the LORD be blessed today.

[ame=http://youtu.be/EALyEo4aC8c]Twila Paris - He is No Fool - YouTube[/ame]

It is written:

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hidden in a field: the which when a man found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all he hath, and buyeth that field.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he has found one pearl of great price, went and sold all he had, and bought it.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just. And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

- Matthew 13: 45 - 50

Last edited:
Very nice. Refreshing and encouraging in the Lord in the midst of so many sad and bad things.

Praise the LORD, His Word is written and it shall be done! Prepare ye the way of the LORD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Tpnytkxaw]Days of Elijah - Robin Mark - YouTube[/ame]

These are the days of Elijah
Declairing the Word of the Lord

And these are the days of Your
Servant Moses
Righteousness being restored
And though these are days of
Great trials
Of famine and darkness and sword
Still we are the voice in the desert crying
Prepare ye the way of the Lord

Behold He comes!!! Riding on the clouds!!!
Shining like the sun at the trumpet call
Lift your voice it's the Year of Jubilee
Out of Zion's hill salvation comes !!!

These are the days of Ezekiel
The dry bones becoming as flesh
And these are the days of
Your servant David
Rebuilding a temple of praise
And these are the days of the harvest
The fields are as white in Your world
And we are the laborers in Your vineyard
Declaring the Word of the the Lord

There's no God like Jehovah!!!!

Last edited:
Sermon from Gurnall - GOD'S DEAR LOVE FOR THE SAINTS - http://www.ccel.org/ccel/gurnall/armour/files/armour.html

God's love for His saints sets His power in motion. He who has God's heart, does not lack his arm. Love rallies all other affections and sets the powers of the whole man in action. Thus in God, love sets His other attributes to work, all are ready to bring about what God says He likes. God considers all His creatures, but the believing soul is an object of his choicest love - even the love with which He loves His Son ( John 17:26).
When a soul believes, then God's eternal purpose and counsel concerning him-whom He chose in Christ before the foundation of the world- is brought to term. Can you imagine the love God has for a child He has carried for so long in the womb of His eternal purpose? If God delighted in His plan before he spoke the world into being, how much greater is His delight to witness the full fruition of His labor - a believing soul. Having performed His own will thus far, God will surely raise all power He has in that believer's behalf, rather than be robbed of His glory within a few steps of home.

God showed us how much a soul is worth by the purchase price He paid. It cost Him dearly, and that which is so hard won will not be easily given up. He spent His Son's blood to purchase you, and He will spend His own power to keep you.

As an earthly parent you rejoice to see your own good qualities reproduced in your children. God, the perfect parent, longs to see his attributes reflected in His saints. It is this image of God reflected in you that so enrages hell: it is this at which the demons hurl their mightiest weapons. When God defends you, He also defends Himself. Now knowing that the quarrel is God's, surely He will not have you go forth to war at your own expense!

Last edited:
Have you been under attack from the enemy, Beloved? Jesus told us to rejoice when this happens!

Matthew 5:11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

The Beatitudes

…10"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Cross References

Isaiah 25:8
he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 51:7
"Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults.

Jeremiah 37:14
"That's not true!" Jeremiah said. "I am not deserting to the Babylonians." But Irijah would not listen to him; instead, he arrested Jeremiah and brought him to the officials.

Last edited:
It has ever been and always will be the Father's will that we trust only in Him. God demands to be called the Almighty, He insists that we place our confidence in Him. That child is wise who does as his Father bids. Man may be called wise, merciful, mighty, but only God is all - wise, all - mericiful, almighty.
- Quote from William Gurnall

Sermon by Gurnall entitled - DON'T TRUST IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH - http://www.ccel.org/ccel/gurnall/armour/files/armour.html

Is the Christian's strength in the LORD, and not in himself? Surely then, the person outside of Christ must be a poor, impotent creature,, helpless to do anything to effect his own salvation. If a living tree cannot grow without sap from the tap root, how can a rotten stump, which has no root, revive itself of it's own accord? In other words, if a Christian imbued with God's grace must continually rely on His strength, then surely the one outside of God's grace, dead in trespasses and sin, can never produce strength in himself. To be unregenerate is to be impotent. "When we were without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly ( Romans 5:6 ).

The philosophy of humanism has long been a suitor to man's pride. It boasts in his natural strength and wisdom, and woos him with promises of great accomplishments now, and heaven later. God Himself scattered such Babel-builders and proclaimed preeminence for eternity. Confounded forever be such sons of pride, who trust in power of nature as though man with his own brick and mortar of natural abilities were able to make a way to heaven! You who are yet in your natural state, would you become wise to salvation? Then first become fools in your own eyes. Renounce the carnal wisdom which cannot perceive spiritual things, and beg wisdom from God, who gives without rebuke (James 1:5).
Here is a word for Christians. Knowing your strength lies wholly in God and not in yourself, remain humble - even when God is blessing and using you most. Remember, when you have your best suit on, who made it and who paid for it!

God's favor is neither work in your hands nor the price of your own worth. How can you boast in what you did not buy? If you embezzle God's strength and credit it to your own account, He will soon call an audit and take back what was His all along.

Last edited:
Christ-on-a-stick! You are SUCH a pussy! :lol: If he ever did exist (of which there is NOTHING, NADA, NO THING to even PROVE he lived) and he came back?? I'd nail his ass back up on a cross and he'd bloody well stay up there this time!
Turn the other cheek and take it! :lol:

Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Cross References

Exodus 15:1
Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD: "I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. Both horse and driver he has hurled into the sea.

Judges 5:1
On that day Deborah and Barak son of Abinoam sang this song:

1 Samuel 23:14
David stayed in the wilderness strongholds and in the hills of the Desert of Ziph. Day after day Saul searched for him, but God did not give David into his hands.

Psalm 5:12
Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 9:9
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 31:20
In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back