Zone1 Encouragement for member and friend Dale Smith

As a musician I know you'd appreciate that Home Free is entirely a capella, their voices also do the background instruments. Tim Foust, the bass has a 6 octave range, Rob (the big guy) is also a classical operatic trained singer. Their music encompasses pretty much every genre.
BTW, are you familiar with I can only Imagine by Mercy Me?
Yes, I am! Love that song! You have great taste in music!

As a musician I know you'd appreciate that Home Free is entirely a capella, their voices also do the background instruments. Tim Foust, the bass has a 6 octave range, Rob (the big guy) is also a classical operatic trained singer. Their music encompasses pretty much every genre.
BTW, are you familiar with I can only Imagine by Mercy Me?
I certainly am familiar with that song and I look forward to the victory hug and fist bump from my heavenly father and see my son again. I sure do miss "the little man". Thank you for posting those songs.....

I certainly am familiar with that song and I look forward to the victory hug and fist bump from my heavenly father and see my son again. I sure do miss "the little man". Thank you for posting those songs.....
Back to Home Free, their version of How Great Thou Art is so stunning it brings tears to my eyes, the harmony is exquisite the composition beyond amazing.

Everybody talking about singing reminded me of my sister Ann who had an incredible voice--sang opera when she was younger and then a long career teaching music, especially high school choirs, in the New Mexico school system and one year in Ganado AZ after she retired in NM. We lost her something over a year ago. At her memorial service her son and his daughter-in-law sand this song which of course brought some tears but also made us all happy to think about it.

"Mama's Teaching Angels How To Sing"

There's a voice now missing in our little country choir
Rock of Ages will never sound the same
God heard her singing heaven was not complete
Now Mama's teaching angels how to sing

Mama's teaching angels how to sing
Heaven's halls are silent when Mama sings
David lays down his harp and heaven's bells won't ring
When Mama's teaching angels how to sing

The old home it's now empty it's lonesome since she's gone
And it's hard to know she won't return again
But I'll meet her in that morning on heaven's golden hills
Where Mama's teaching angels how to sing

When Mama's teaching angels how to sing.

I didn't post the music because my nephew and his DIL made it far more upbeat than Dottie Rambo's and The Isaac's version.

Anyway if you get there before I do, and that's anybody's guess, look her up Dale. I think you two would like each other. :)

Sharing this journey with us is amazing, Dale. You keep thanking everyone and that is wonderful. But speaking for myself, I thank YOU for being as brave and open as you have been and will be until you cannot any longer. I dread that day, as do the rest of us.
You stay in my prayers, and you give ME strength. I wish I could give you more. I wish you didn't have to go. But I also hope when you do, that you know even when you are gone, you are still here with all of us. Forever.

Do you need me to help you buy another one are have the old one repaired? I don't mind at all. Just IM me.
Hugs and love to ya.....
Thanks, but it's a server problem with ATT. They were rooting around in the ditches to get me offline and "forgot" to put in what the serviceman said were "green balls" that somehow rout their customers' to connect with the internets. If I had the best computer in the world I couldn't get online. The big companies don't seem to like conservatives like me, so it wouldn't matter. I'm blacklisted in so many ways because I supported and voted for President Trump. I'd do it again because he never did any rotten thing in the world in the realm of fiscal matters that matter to the citizens of this country. He wants everyone who works for supporting a family to prosper them and the future generations too. It's a little hard for him to get along with those who tell lies about him before and following elections. Because his actions are directed toward prospering this nation and clean up the plastics littering the oceans that is a catastrophy for the many fish and mammals that have all but disappeared because of plastics discarded into the seas killing many of the turtles, whales, shellfish, and all sea fish that feed poor folks who are dependent on their catches to make a living and provide them nutritious protein. Love ya, Dale. I pray for your health and a turn for the better. Love, beautress

Sharing this journey with us is amazing, Dale. You keep thanking everyone and that is wonderful. But speaking for myself, I thank YOU for being as brave and open as you have been and will be until you cannot any longer. I dread that day, as do the rest of us.
You stay in my prayers, and you give ME strength. I wish I could give you more. I wish you didn't have to go. But I also hope when you do, that you know even when you are gone, you are still here with all of us. Forever.
Gracie, it's like any other community except this one is in cyberville. A long the way you meet all different kinds of people....some you want as a friend, others you might learn something but it's not a stretch to say that those friendships are as important as the ones in r/t. I remember the day that I bonded with you like it was yesterday. Out of all the setbacks you suffered through and carried on, it was the death of a stray dog and how it was treated and how upset you were saying stuff like you have had enough, what's the point in trying? Me and a couple of others felt that pain, the despair and hopelessness you were feeling and you reached out to anyone. I am glad and grateful that I took the time to be a willing ear for you to bend. I have found you to be one resilient lady and you sure have lifted me up. Sometimes it comes from unexpected places. I decided right then and there that I wanted to be someone you could count on and talk to. There are lots of good folks here that have been instrumental in helping me understand that there are as many gray areas as there are those that are black or white. Your sentiments are very kind and trust me on this when I say this....you made me want to be worthy of your friendship.

Everybody talking about singing reminded me of my sister Ann who had an incredible voice--sang opera when she was younger and then a long career teaching music, especially high school choirs, in the New Mexico school system and one year in Ganado AZ after she retired in NM. We lost her something over a year ago. At her memorial service her son and his daughter-in-law sand this song which of course brought some tears but also made us all happy to think about it.

"Mama's Teaching Angels How To Sing"

There's a voice now missing in our little country choir
Rock of Ages will never sound the same
God heard her singing heaven was not complete
Now Mama's teaching angels how to sing

The old home it's now empty it's lonesome since she's gone
And it's hard to know she won't return again
But I'll meet her in that morning on heaven's golden hills
Where Mama's teaching angels how to sing

When Mama's teaching angels how to sing.

I didn't post the music because my nephew and his DIL made it far more upbeat than Dottie Rambo's and The Isaac's version.

Anyway if you get there before I do, and that's anybody's guess, look her up Dale. I think you two would like each other. :)
My mom and dad would be invited to hold weekend revivals. My mom played piano and guitar and my dad just played the flat-top but both had amazing voices. "Mama's Teaching Angels How To Sing" was always on their set list. Thank you for bringing back some good memories!

Forum List

Back