EMERGENCY! or so they say....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1200.00 to individuals
600 extra unemployment to individuals
SBA loans/grants
This is how you identify a bonafide hack.

When all the see is what the OTHER side does. Ignores their own side altogether.

The lies just make it worse.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Whats stopping you from finding Republican pork and posting it so we all can see it.
Personally I'm against pork from either side. Seems like a perfect opportunity for you to call out the right for their hypocrisy.
Go get it....that way we can condemn both sides together.

1200.00 to individuals
600 extra unemployment to individuals
SBA loans/grants
This is how you identify a bonafide hack.

When all the see is what the OTHER side does. Ignores their own side altogether.

The lies just make it worse.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
You are upset because reparations were not part of it. You are always looking for a handout.

Why should a oboe player or any other musician be supported by taxpayers?

You hate music ... I'm fine with that ... but a majority of tax-payers are okay with a National Symphonic Orchestra ... and that means paying the finest oboe players in the United States ...

Do you also want to shut down the Smithsonian, National Gallery of Art and museums & libraries? ... I understand, reading is a lost art with you ...

I didn't say shut down anything. But if an entity cannot be self-supported, then allow it to go where it will. If they need government money to exist, then obviously not many people are interested in hearing or seeing them. So let this "majority" pull their own money out and support them that way.

If I disagree with government funding oboe players, it must mean I hate music. Well, I think that the dozens of former guitar students I taught would strongly disagree with you.

The short answer: If the Oboe player sucked so bad he wasnt making jackshit before the virus,he should receive the same in gov aide.

It's not the amount. It's the time wasted. Small businesses could have been saved with the week she wasted.
But you people never think about that.

Then you agree ... money should have been set aside long ago to as a pandemic response fund ...
Just say you hate the arts and music ... the only good oboe player is a dead oboe player ...

we support running backs and golfers. Why not musicians?

We do? When were appropriations given to golfers and running backs from the US Congress?
Every college scholarship to state colleges and universities.

They are supporting education, not golfers and running backs.

Oh brother.

If the student didn’t play athletics, they wouldn’t have gotten the scholarship.

In the US and many European countries, a repeat of the Italian scenario is now imminent, as the sudden influx of critically ill intensive-care patients threatens to overwhelm structurally underfunded or outright unaffordable public health care systems.

The short answer: If the Oboe player sucked so bad he wasnt making jackshit before the virus,he should receive the same in gov aide.

Who played oboe at The Donald's inauguration? ... perhaps the best in all the land? ... just a thought ...
Is the United States not great enough to support the arts anymore? ...

In the US and many European countries, a repeat of the Italian scenario is now imminent, as the sudden influx of critically ill intensive-care patients threatens to overwhelm structurally underfunded or outright unaffordable public health care systems.
We'll see. As long as people carrying the virus dont get in car accidents or fall in the bath tub, I bet we wont see those numbers!

OK that sux I agree. But let's face it there has never been a massive spending bill that didn't have pork.

That's not pork. Some of that, like the stuff for arts and humanities, is toxic waste.
It's not the amount. It's the time wasted. Small businesses could have been saved with the week she wasted.

Then you agree ... money should have been set aside long ago to as a pandemic response fund ...
Just say you hate the arts and music ... the only good oboe player is a dead oboe player ...

People are willing to pay to watch running backs and golfers. If oboe players were so important, people would be willing to pay to see them perform.

Last edited:

We do? When were appropriations given to golfers and running backs from the US Congress?
Every college scholarship to state colleges and universities.

They are supporting education, not golfers and running backs.

Oh brother.

If the student didn’t play athletics, they wouldn’t have gotten the scholarship.

That's different than paying somebody to play sports. So how about a one-time scholarship for the people at the Kennedy Center?

You hate music ... I'm fine with that ... but a majority of tax-payers are okay with a National Symphonic Orchestra ... and that means paying the finest oboe players in the United States ...

Do you also want to shut down the Smithsonian, National Gallery of Art and museums & libraries? ... I understand, reading is a lost art with you ...

I didn't say shut down anything. But if an entity cannot be self-supported, then allow it to go where it will. If they need government money to exist, then obviously not many people are interested in hearing or seeing them. So let this "majority" pull their own money out and support them that way.

If I disagree with government funding oboe players, it must mean I hate music. Well, I think that the dozens of former guitar students I taught would strongly disagree with you.

Or he could get a real full-time job and support himself.

Who played oboe at The Donald's inauguration? ... perhaps the best in all the land? ... just a thought ...

Did you not read my post or did you have a problem with comprehension?

Sorry,but if the shit gets real serious we dont need oboe players.
They can play like the minstrels of old if they can find someone willing to pay.

We know you hope so and you’ve been saying that for three weeks but the totally non covered by the media of the vast majority of hospitals not undergoing Any duress says otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back