Elon Musk say's goodbye to California and moves to Texas

Evidently the "Golden" state is becoming less golden by the day, thanks to California politicians.

Musk confirmed Tuesday that he has moved to Texas as he has grown increasingly frustrated with California and both Tesla and SpaceX now have a presence in the Lone Star State.

“Tesla and SpaceX obviously have massive operations in California. In fact, it’s worth noting that Tesla is the last car company still manufacturing cars in California. SpaceX is the last aerospace company still doing significant manufacturing in California," he said. "So, there used to be over a dozen car plants in California. And California used to be the center of aerospace manufacturing. My companies are the last two left."

The move to Texas means that he will increase his chances at avoiding a 13.3% state income tax on the capital gains he takes in the event he sells Tesla stock or receives bonuses.

Tesla's Elon Musk confirms Texas move from California, warns state on exodus

Elon Musk has become my new hero. Not for this action per se, but, he is a visionary who goes for it. He would be a waste of talent if he lived in Canada (or many other nations). He is also fairly blunt (maybe by accident as a personality trait) and believes in capitalism being about innovation.

He has said often that his company drives to innovate and turn over new generations in much shorter time than his competition. He believes it gives him a competitive edge. True capitalism at it's core.

I always read and listen to successful people. I share some of their traits about hard work and challenging oneself, I don't share their bankrolls. Unlike Warren Buffett, who I really read a great deal about and admired, Musk goes beyond just chasing wealth. For him, it seems, wealth is a biproduct of his businesses creativity and drive, not, the end goal. Whereas for stock gurus and others, the ends is just maximizing wealth.

Nothing wrong with chasing wealth, it's the invisible hand. However, there is something about legacy and moving civilization forward that makes Elon a really appealing guy. If America had 100 carbon copies of Elon, China and Communism would be in trouble and the West would push boundaries again.

He's a nerd that gambled and won big, got rich, and now gets to do what he wanted to do when he was a kid. Get into space, or at least send people into space.

A true capitalist really when one thinks about it.

The beauty of capitalism is that it rewards risk. Big risk, big reward as we all know. He could fail time and again, in fact, he expects to fail. You lose, get back up and try again. The greatest of worlds citizens and business leaders have failed time and again. From Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, Henry Ford or Colonel Sanders, ad nauseam, all failed time and again.

Eventually, with some luck and fortitude (especially the latter), one succeeds. The beauty of capitalism!

I'm surprised he set up his businesses in California in the first place.

Elon Musk Moves to Texas, Takes Jab at Silicon Valley
Tesla chief is among highest-profile tech executives to leave Silicon Valley during pandemic, criticizing California’s treatment of innovators

Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk said he has moved to Texas, taking aim at Silicon Valley and becoming one of the highest-profile executives yet to leave California during the coronavirus pandemic.

He said relocating made sense with Tesla’s new factory being built in Texas. He lamented that California, in his view, had become complacent with its innovators.

Mr. Musk’s companies continue to maintain extensive operations in California, and other tech firms are expanding their presence there. Yet his decision to move underscores a growing discontent, particularly among wealthier tech professionals, with the cost of living in the state, a pre-pandemic real-estate crunch and clogged roads.

Elon Musk Moves to Texas, Takes Jab at Silicon Valley - WSJ
Jp Morgan in moving out of NYC to Florida....gee I wonder what ever could be the reasons so many are fleeing enlightened progressive policies

I thought he was going to Mars?

He'll be setting up a Tesla dealership on Mars. He recently purchased a few acres just outside of Utopia Basin with killer views of Olympus Mons.
Great, that's all we need, man going to Mars and destroying the environment.

We go up there and what of all the red rocks? They will all be ruined, probably turn green, in fact

Kathy Griffin sold her 15 million dollar mansion. She wants the peasants to live poor while she lives good. She wants us to be slaves while she is treated like royalty. She is the privileged. She must be held accountable. She must be studied. She must be surveilled. She must not be left alone as she does not want the serfs to be left alone. She has sold her mansion for 15 million dollars. And frowns on anyone living a happy life.

Forum List

Back