Elizabeth Warren says $20,000 in student loan debt 'might as well be $20 million' for people who are working at minimum wage

So what the heck is Pocahontas saying, people with a college degree can only get minimum wage jobs?

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts said $20,000 in student loan debt "might as well be $20 million" for people working at minimum wage because "they don't have enough extra money to pay it."
........aaaaannnndd not my problem
they still have to pay off their debts just like everyone else does

I've done it for companies I have worked at, at times, just to make sure we didn't run short. Long hours and tiring, but good honest useful work that pays way above minimum or low wage jobs. We treated our drivers well, and they all had annual incomes far in excess of any other factory workers at the plant, even above some salary folk. If somebody at that income level cannot support the lifestyle they want, they should reevaluate their goal and what is important in their life. I have always been one of those "do what is necessary" people, whatever is necessary while looking further down the road.

Well, he wouldn't be driving for the company he's currently with. He would be quitting that job altogether and, essentially, starting over...

That degree in european history and womens studies just doesn't seem to cut it.

They should have taken underwater lesbian folk art dance instead.

Or instead of wasting time in college for a bullshit degree they could have been working.

I mean I started out as a low end maintenance man, now I am a building engineer for a international food company and I make really good money. I have no degree in this. I just showed ambition, I wanted to learn, I wanted to do more and I was rewarded for it by working hard and accepting more responsibility.

My resume is more valuable than a college degree because when people see what I've done they ask me about it and see that I know my shit and they want to hire me.

I don't feel sorry for anyone that agrees to take out a loan and can't pay it off. I mean if I decide I can't pay my mortgage the bank won't let me keep the house.

Warren is a enabling bitch that does a lot of damage to people by constantly saying they shouldn't be responsible for their decisions.

What do you mean by calling her Pocohantas? From what I read that was American word meaning playful one. A nickname for children.

Everything is "free" for the Wokesters

President Obama's horrible, terrible legacy on student loans

May 13, 2016 · By the time Obama leaves office next year, the nation will have added $1 Trillion to its student debt tab. What the Obama administration did do …

Obama’s Giant Student-Loan Con - WSJ

Dec 02, 2016 · To help pay for ObamaCare, Democrats simultaneously federalized the student loan market and projected fictitious savings, all while adding more than $1.2 trillion to the federal

So what the heck is Pocahontas saying, people with a college degree can only get minimum wage jobs?

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts said $20,000 in student loan debt "might as well be $20 million" for people working at minimum wage because "they don't have enough extra money to pay it."
They got a worthless degree, if they got anything.

That being said, lots of people run up student loan debt just to drop out.

Well, he wouldn't be driving for the company he's currently with. He would be quitting that job altogether and, essentially, starting over...
It is doable and he might like it. When I had to fill in, I found driving kind of relaxing and loved getting outside the plant. In my case, I got to see areas and customers, I had never seen, but only know as voices over the phone.

Thankfully, my daughter had no student loans to pay off. We'd set up a college fund when she was born and, by the time she was ready to go to school, there was plenty of money in it for her to do that. If more parents would do that, their kids could go to college without the onus of having to pay back huge college loan bills...
Man, you were dumb. Had she gotten a couple hundred thousand in student loans and the government forgives them, you'd have all that money in the bank. According to Pocahontas, paying for college on your own is for suckers.

Man, you were dumb. Had she gotten a couple hundred thousand in student loans and the government forgives them, you'd have all that money in the bank. According to Pocahontas, paying for college on your own is for suckers.

I'll leave getting shit for free to idiot liberals...

In a way she's right. The problem is, we give student loans to anyone and everyone who can mark an "X" on the application. We should be denying all loans that don't have a reasonable expectation of ever paying them back. The truth is, most of those who went to college and are now working minimum wage jobs, should have never gotten the loan in the first place because they weren't college material.

........aaaaannnndd not my problem
they still have to pay off their debts just like everyone else does
If your degree is in Lesbian Dance Theory or Racism in Post Colonial Haiti, no you won't make more than minimum wage.

Real sympathy belongs to the poor slob struggling on minimum wage to pay for someone else's degree in Lesbian Dance Theory or Racism in Post Colonial Haiti.

If they finished college and can only get a minimum wage job, they should have gone to trade school in the first place. They still can.

Learn heating and A/C repair, and then study LGBT Undertones of the Ritual Dances of the Olmec People in their spare time.

Forum List

Back