Elementary Students in Florida...Assignment...Prayer Rugs

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
I would be protesting this too. An interesting interview discussing appropriate teaching of Islam to our kids. I would pull my kid out of all government schools, for instructions in Islam is on the March in America.

Consider the message, as opposed to the source.

Feb. 10, 2015 - 4:06 - Children are forced to recite Koran verses

Florida parents protesting school lessons about Islam On Air Videos Fox News

February 9, 2015:

Last edited:
I saw the news report on CBS this morning. It horrible and I'd be livid. The book they use left out a good bit of Christian history. When the reporter asked the Superintendent about it he got pissed and stormed off the set. The finished with saying the book publishers said it was a mistake and would be in the updated revision, three years from now.

Not surprising that the OP is a lie.

Also not surprising that the source lies and the OP knows it.

9 Investigates Dad protests Islamic lessons at school www.wftv.com

From your link (thanks for providing it):

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

"For it to be mandatory and part of the curriculum and in the textbooks, didn't seem right," Wagner said.

-vs-

Some other students interviewed by administrators said they were not required to recite the prayer aloud. They did discuss a video played during class about the religion, but Blasewitz got frustrated and stormed out when 9 Investigates asked whether the district is considering changes to the curriculum.

"You're just going to walk away from our interview when we're trying to get information," said investigative reporter Daralene Jones.

Before Blasewitz walked out, he further justified the curriculum, saying students learn specific Judaism doctrine, the Bible and its scriptures, in earlier school years.

"If anything, it's a little imbalanced toward Christianity and Judaism," Blasewitz said.

I just watched the 17+ minute interview with the principal.

So, I gleaned two points from this:

-Either Mr. Wagner is lying, or some other students are lying. Because he claims that his son was "forced" to say the introductory prayer to "Salat" (we Jews have a similar prayer, called the "Shema"), while other students have said that the prayer written on the board for study purposes was not mandatory to speak out loud at all.

-If the principal, Blasewitz, is telling the truth, that a great deal about Christianity and Judaism are taught in prior grade levels, that is easy to prove by getting copies of the same book from the same publisher, at the 9th, 8th and 7th grade level, since the book in question is from the 10th grade level.

So, before anyone flames the principal, perhaps people should check out the history books for previous years.

That being said, for students who may have moved into the school system at the 10th grade level and who had other history texts at their former schools, it may still be quite unfair.

But the reporter herself was also very biased. She mentioned Christianity and Catholicism separate from each other, as if Catholics are somehow not Christians. Wow. Talk about shallow.

It should also be noted that the parent who sparked the controversy with his complaints is a non-religious person entirely.

The principal also indicated that this is just a short lesson interwoven into a 36 week history course. Of course, we could have an adult discussion as to whether any details about ANY religion should be taught within the scope of a history course. It seems to me that these details may be more appropriate for a specifically targeted religion class.

I do love it when whackazoid Rrrrrraging Rrrrrighties lie about stuff and then get caught for it.

Last edited:
The states buys the books, why blame anyone else but the Florida governor?
Your governor picks out books for all the students? Wow.

Texas and California are the two states that determine which books are distributed, according to my knowledge. So it would figure CA would love Muslims teaching Islam in our schools.

I have to go to work, guys. Sitting here in the buff after a bath. Can't sit this thread. :D

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

"For it to be mandatory and part of the curriculum and in the textbooks, didn't seem right," Wagner said.

-vs-

Some other students interviewed by administrators said they were not required to recite the prayer aloud. They did discuss a video played during class about the religion, but Blasewitz got frustrated and stormed out when 9 Investigates asked whether the district is considering changes to the curriculum.

"You're just going to walk away from our interview when we're trying to get information," said investigative reporter Daralene Jones.

Before Blasewitz walked out, he further justified the curriculum, saying students learn specific Judaism doctrine, the Bible and its scriptures, in earlier school years.

"If anything, it's a little imbalanced toward Christianity and Judaism," Blasewitz said.

-Either Mr. Wagner is lying, or some other students are lying. Because he claims that his son was "forced" to say the introductory prayer to "Salat" (we Jews have a similar prayer, called the "Shema"), while other students have said that the prayer written on the board for study purposes was not mandatory to speak out loud at all.

-If the principal, Blasewitz, is telling the truth, that a great deal about Christianity and Judaism are taught in prior grade levels, that is easy to prove by getting copies of the same book from the same publisher, at the 9th, 8th and 7th grade level, since the book in question is from the 10th grade level.

So, before anyone flames the principal, perhaps people should check out the history books for previous years.

That being said, for students who may have moved into the school system at the 10th grade level and who had other history texts at their former schools, it may still be quite unfair.

But the reporter herself was also very biased. She mentioned Christianity and Catholicism separate from each other, as if Catholics are somehow not Christians. Wow. Talk about shallow.

It should also be noted that the parent who sparked the controversy with his complaints is a non-religious person entirely.

The principal also indicated that this is just a short lesson interwoven into a 36 week history course. Of course, we could have an adult discussion as to whether any details about ANY religion should be taught within the scope of a history course. It seems to me that these details may be more appropriate for a specifically targeted religion class.

Yep.

I should have posted more but was busy. If people would read the whole story ... But, easier for some to believe the lies in the OP.

-vs-

Yep.

I should have posted more but was busy. If people would read the whole story ... But, easier for some to believe the lies in the OP.

Like the lie of the OP title itself. No students were actually required to use prayer rugs, or make a rug, or feel a rug or anything like that. But whackazoid Righties just love to stir up shit like that because, well, they are weak in spirit, imo. And since their logic long failed them, the only thing left for them to do is to engage in worthless kneejerk reactions befitting of a kindergardner.

The states buys the books, why blame anyone else but the Florida governor?
Your governor picks out books for all the students? Wow.

Texas and California are the two states that determine which books are distributed, according to my knowledge. So it would figure CA would love Muslims teaching Islam in our schools.

I have to go to work, guys. Sitting here in the buff after a bath. Can't sit this thread. :D
I DO know (my daughter went to school here and I am a hands on parent) that in 7th grade they study Islam.....2 chapters/1 Unit in a history textbook that has another 5-6 chapters/3 Units on Christianity (Beginnings in Rome, the Byzantines, Middle Ages, Rennaissance, Reformation, Counter-Reformation)

-vs-

Yep.

Like the lie of the OP title itself. No students were actually required to use prayer rugs, or make a rug, or feel a rug or anything like that. But whackazoid Righties just love to stir up shit like that because, well, they are weak in spirit, imo. And since their logic long failed them, the only thing left for them to do is to engage in worthless kneejerk reactions befitting of a kindergardner.
My kid's class made Magic Carpets.....I remember the colorful patterns on them. Oh, and they were really construction paper sized and the teacher posted them up on the wall for decoration.

Well that was a whole lot of nothing....

:itsok: Aww Moonie, you must not have opened the most revealing one?

Florida parents protesting school lessons about Islam On Air Videos Fox News
No, I learned about several religions while in school also..just because I read about Greek/Roman Mythology did not make me a pagan....

But did it cause you to show your ass alot?

:lol:
The Greeks did go around nude a lot, poor Jews,, got in trouble for it during the Olympics...

-vs-

Yep.

My kid's class made Magic Carpets.....I remember the colorful patterns on them. Oh, and they were really construction paper sized and the teacher posted them up on the wall for decoration.
Oh the horror of the indoctrination......!!!!

Forum List

Back