Electric vehicles close to ‘tipping point’ of mass adoption

Electric cars are fine for city dwellers.

But for sport cars and long haul drivers, it’s a no go.
Where have you been the last two years? Tesla Roadster in standard dress gets over 600 miles per charge. And is faster than any other production car. The new Tesla Plaid+ S has a range of 520 miles. And there are over 2000 Tesla supercharing stations in North America.
Liar the fastest production car is over 300 mph

Interesting that the first electric car makers went bankrupt within a year. California pulled all its charging stations at one time. This was during the Bush administration. But now it is unbeatable. What is the difference?

So..progress..as always..being driven by consumer demand:

electric car being charged in street with lead from owners home
In a poll of electric car owners, 91% said they would not want to return to petrol.

Electric vehicles are close to the “tipping point” of rapid mass adoption thanks to the plummeting cost of batteries, experts say.
Global sales rose 43% in 2020, but even faster growth is anticipated when continuing falls in battery prices bring the price of electric cars dipping below that of equivalent petrol and diesel models, even without subsidies. The latest analyses forecast that to happen some time between 2023 and 2025.
The tipping point has already been passed in Norway, where tax breaks mean electric cars are cheaper. The market share of battery-powered cars soared to 54% in 2020 in the Nordic country, compared with less than 5% in most European nations.

Transport is a major source of carbon emissions and electric cars are vital in efforts to fight the climate crisis. But, while they are already cheaper to run, their higher purchase price is a barrier to mass uptake. The other key factor is “range anxiety”, but this week the first factory production began of batteries capable of giving a 200-mile charge in five minutes.

Ummmm, government mandates aren't consumer demand. And good luck generating enough power to charge them.

You would need to start building a natural gas powerplant a week to provide the energy this little fantasy will require.

Good luck with that!

Where have you been the last two years? Tesla Roadster in standard dress gets over 600 miles per charge. And is faster than any other production car. The new Tesla Plaid+ S has a range of 520 miles. And there are over 2000 Tesla supercharing stations in North America.

Bullshit. Tesla over estimates everything by at least 25%. In real world testing they have never attained their claimed range. There are at least a dozen cars that are faster than the Tesla.

I don't believe the US, Canadian and Mexican oil fields are going anywhere soon.

Okay ... you're fine with relying on foreign powers controlling our military ... fine ... have at it ... our military is converting, for military purposes, no matter the cost ... fuel dumps are a liability ... yes, you are free to believe those oil fields are inexhaustible ... you're free to believe those Alberta tar sands can be whisked over to the Middle East battlefields in a jiffy ... you're free to ignore 21st Century technologies ...
Well... I am a commie.

Electric vehicles will work pretty much only for sedans.

Sedans don't wear out roads near as much as semi-trucks ... probably safe to just tack on a little for registration ...
"Just a little". Yes, that's it. Just a few bucks. Nobody will even notice.

Uh huh.
Why? Because you don't get a say in what I drive, that's why. Period. End of story.

My, my ... very defensive there ... F-250 as a status symbol? ... they make good crummies, but I doubt you know what a crummie is ...
Nobody cares. What I object to is leftists deciding for me how I should live my life.

You drive what you want. I'm not arrogant enough to believe I should have a say in it.

I don't believe the US, Canadian and Mexican oil fields are going anywhere soon.

Okay ... you're fine with relying on foreign powers controlling our military ... fine ... have at it ... our military is converting, for military purposes, no matter the cost ... fuel dumps are a liability ... yes, you are free to believe those oil fields are inexhaustible ... you're free to believe those Alberta tar sands can be whisked over to the Middle East battlefields in a jiffy ... you're free to ignore 21st Century technologies ...
How are electric vehicles supposed to be recharged in deployed locations?

Hint: Diesel-powered electrical power plants. That requires fuel dumps. Hey, you know what else require fuel dumps?

Aircraft. Or do you think we should be flying electric fighters and bombers?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought. At all.

The EV fantasy keeps going because there are too many people being conned on it, here is an article about CEO Toyoda statements about the damaging effect of EV's to car companies:

Pj Media

Toyota CEO Agrees With Elon Musk: We Don't Have Enough Electricity to Electrify All the Cars
BY BRYAN PRESTON DEC 21, 2020

Excerpt:

Let’s stipulate a couple of facts right at the top: Toyota makes a lot of cars, so many that it’s the world’s largest or second-largest auto manufacturer every year. Toyota makes a lot of good, reliable cars. The Corolla, for instance, may not be flashy but the little things will go for a quarter-million miles or more and they mostly just run without breaking down much. Change the oil when you’re supposed to and you’re probably good to go.

Let’s stipulate one more fact: Whether cars keep burning gas or run on electricity, Toyota is poised to make and sell millions of electric vehicles. It already has the game-changing solid-state battery coming on line. It launched the Prius way back in 1997. Toyota has not only not resisted the adaptation of EVs, it has led the way.

LINK

LOL........the OP is one of those hopelessly duped idiots who never asks the question, "As compared to what?" citing the 43% increase. But when the 43% increase is from dick, you have............dick. :hello77:

So this year, about 500,000 EV's will be sold. Thats not even half of the number of F-150's that were sold in 2020. Oooooooops

Which means the sales numbers dont add up to dick.

Whenever a lefty throws out a % attached with the word "increase" ( Old Rocks does this routinely ), its fake. When its compared to something, the climate crusaders end up looking like intellectual cripples.:113:

Last edited:
Electric vehicles will work pretty much only for sedans.

Sedans don't wear out roads near as much as semi-trucks ... probably safe to just tack on a little for registration ...

Why? Because you don't get a say in what I drive, that's why. Period. End of story.

My, my ... very defensive there ... F-250 as a status symbol? ... they make good crummies, but I doubt you know what a crummie is ...
Crummies in the oilfield are back up wrenches used to make up screens set on screen tables when using power tongs without back up jaws. I know this because on my first DW completion the casing company and the washpipe company each thought the other were bringing out the crummies. No down time ($40,000 per hour) was incurred but a hot shot and a fast boat - as well as several 2 am phone calls - were required. Fuckin' service companies.

In a poll of electric car owners, 91% said they would not want to return to petrol.

Electric vehicles are close to the “tipping point” of rapid mass adoption thanks to the plummeting cost of batteries, experts say.
Global sales rose 43% in 2020, but even faster growth is anticipated when continuing falls in battery prices bring the price of electric cars dipping below that of equivalent petrol and diesel models, even without subsidies. The latest analyses forecast that to happen some time between 2023 and 2025.
The tipping point has already been passed in Norway, where tax breaks mean electric cars are cheaper. The market share of battery-powered cars soared to 54% in 2020 in the Nordic country, compared with less than 5% in most European nations.

Transport is a major source of carbon emissions and electric cars are vital in efforts to fight the climate crisis. But, while they are already cheaper to run, their higher purchase price is a barrier to mass uptake. The other key factor is “range anxiety”, but this week the first factory production began of batteries capable of giving a 200-mile charge in five minutes.
Invest in electric companies. They will be the beneficiaries of wasteful spending and wasted energy distribution and use. They can keep how much extra fossil fuels it requires to equal a gallon of gas a great big secret and full nondisclosure on the reality of how much fossil fuel it takes to produce the equivalent of driving a car 20 miles. . It will use up natural resources four times as fast as now. And it will improve the tourist overnight stays as people travel coast to coast, so invest in national truck stop companies and junk food, too. Can you say ecodisaster for an uninformed electrical distribution society!?! So much for the ignorance of AOC and other demonrat know nothings of the leftist lockstep press that makes and breaks presidents and even majority votes of the American people. Who can the people trust to prosper their good judgment? The corrupt leftist opinion machine?

Last edited:

2000 Tesla supercharging stations for 380,000,000 Americans sitting in mile-long lines. Better invest in more game aps and soap operas for cellular phones. lolol

Invest in electric companies. They will be the beneficiaries of wasteful spending and wasted energy distribution and use. They can keep how much extra fossil fuels it requires to equal a gallon of gas a great big secret and full nondisclosure on the reality of how much fossil fuel it takes to produce the equivalent of driving a car 20 miles. . It will use up natural resources four times as fast as now. And it will improve the tourist overnight stays as people travel coast to coast, so invest in national truck stop companies and junk food, too. Can you say ecodisaster for an uninformed electrical distribution society!?! So much for the ignorance of AOC and other demonrat know nothings of the leftist lockstep press that makes and breaks presidents and even majority votes of the American people. Who can the people trust to prosper their good judgment? The corrupt leftist opinion machine?

I'd look very closely at the dividend payments over the past 20 years for any electric company you're thinking of investing in ... if these dividends are high, then the company has been probably neglecting maintenance ... c.f. the recent bankruptcy filing for PG&E ...

Nice choice ... "The corrupt leftist opinion machine" or right wing claims of election fraud ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... Democrats might be greedy but they put a little thought into their rhetoric ... Republicans demonstrate yet again they're ignorant ...

Semi-trucks full of bogus ballots all over the nation ... yeah, right ...

Forum List

Back