Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

Can't wait to here the envirowhining when the short-lived batteries start getting dumped in what are euphemistically called "landfills".
Dumb fuck, nobody dumps lead acid batteries in landfills, because the salvage value is way to high. The salvage value of lithium is even higher.

Can't wait to here the envirowhining when the short-lived batteries start getting dumped in what are euphemistically called "landfills".
Dumb fuck, nobody dumps lead acid batteries in landfills, because the salvage value is way to high. The salvage value of lithium is even higher.

They would except that you have to pay that stupid core fee when you buy a battery that you do not get back unless you bring in the old one.

By the way, GREAT PATRIOT jc, you did serve your nation, right? I mean such a patriot as you wouldn't leave that to other Americans, would you? Or perhaps you took the Nugent Way out of serving your nation?
I serve my nation daily, I work full time assisting every communication company in the US so every voice and data customer receives non interrupted service, i.e., 911 as well, spend money, raised children, go on vacation, and pay my taxes. Yep I serve my country!!! Again you're a short sighted person. It's ok, we all forgive you. Now I see you didn't denounce the scum from the march. tsk, tsk, for someone who served in the military, it seems you don't know how to turn the other cheek and do what's right. Hmmmm....

Yes, natural born US citizen, with a dd2114 that say Honorable. And you?

I happen to live in the state that I like the most out of all 50, and we produce a lot of clean power. The coal on the pie chart will be gone shortly, replaced by even more clean energy.

Fuel Sources for Electric Power Generation in Oregon in 2011
(trillion Btu)

Clean Energy in My State Oregon Electricity Generation
Liar, Oregon imports coal produced electricity from Wyoming, every year that increase.

I happen to live in the state that I like the most out of all 50, and we produce a lot of clean power. The coal on the pie chart will be gone shortly, replaced by even more clean energy.

(trillion Btu)

Liar, Oregon imports coal produced electricity from Wyoming, every year that increase.

(trillion Btu)

Dumb ass. Do a little research. That plant is due to cease burning coal very soon.

PGE to take bigger stake in Boardman coal plant strikes deal to keep buying hydropower from Tribes OregonLive.com

Portland General Electric plans to increase its ownership stake in the Boardman coal plant, which is slated for shutdown or a possible conversion to run on biomass in 2020. It also has reached a tentative 10-year deal to keep buying electricity from the Pelton Round Butte hydroelectric project on the Deschutes River from the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation.

The utility told regulators earlier this month that the Power Resources Cooperative, a group of electrical coops in the Northwest, had agreed to pay PGE an undisclosed sum to take over its 10 percent ownership stake in the coal plant and cover its share of the estimated $68 million in decommissioning costs. Under the terms of the deal, PGE would also take over the power purchase agreement that PRC has to sell that power to the Turlock Irrigation District, which runs until 2018.

Nevertheless, the Nissan Leaf had a bright August, as Americans bought 3,186 of the all-electrics, an increase of more than 31 percent from a year earlier.

So far this year, Nissan reports selling 18,941 of the cars, compared to 14,123 for the same time period in 2013. That makes the Leaf Nissan’s sixth most popular car model this year, outselling the 370Z, Cube and GT-R combined. It also outsold six Nissan truck models.

Dumb ass. Do a little research. That plant is due to cease burning coal very soon.

PGE to take bigger stake in Boardman coal plant strikes deal to keep buying hydropower from Tribes OregonLive.com

Portland General Electric plans to increase its ownership stake in the Boardman coal plant, which is slated for shutdown or a possible conversion to run on biomass in 2020. It also has reached a tentative 10-year deal to keep buying electricity from the Pelton Round Butte hydroelectric project on the Deschutes River from the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation.

The utility told regulators earlier this month that the Power Resources Cooperative, a group of electrical coops in the Northwest, had agreed to pay PGE an undisclosed sum to take over its 10 percent ownership stake in the coal plant and cover its share of the estimated $68 million in decommissioning costs. Under the terms of the deal, PGE would also take over the power purchase agreement that PRC has to sell that power to the Turlock Irrigation District, which runs until 2018.

Old Crock, thank you for pointing out how you have zero understanding, zero comprehension, zero brains.

I did state, WYOMING. Electricity produced from coal burning plants in Wyoming, we went through this in another thread, Old Crock.

Nevertheless, the Nissan Leaf had a bright August, as Americans bought 3,186 of the all-electrics, an increase of more than 31 percent from a year earlier.

So far this year, Nissan reports selling 18,941 of the cars, compared to 14,123 for the same time period in 2013. That makes the Leaf Nissan’s sixth most popular car model this year, outselling the 370Z, Cube and GT-R combined. It also outsold six Nissan truck models.

Yeah Ray......but a closer look yields t his information: the GTR is a supercar and retails for about 100K.......the Cube looks stupid and the Z model has been plagued with reliability problems for several years according to CR Magazine. And nobody buys Nissan trucks as 75% of American truck buyers go Ford.

In fact, the F150 had over 400,000+ alone......and that is the EcoBoost model!! Ford F-150 EcoBoost Hits 400 000 Sales Saving 45 Million Gallons o ... - Press Release

Stand alone statistics can always look impressive.......until they are compared to other statistics.

Old Crock, thank you for pointing out how you have zero understanding, zero comprehension, zero brains.

I did state, WYOMING. Electricity produced from coal burning plants in Wyoming, we went through this in another thread, Old Crock.

We import electricity from Wyoming because a great deal of the electricity we produce goes to California. We actually produce enough in this state to supply our own needs, but California companies funded the building of the generotors, therefore, the electricity goes to them. And Wyoming may well cease to produce coal fired electricity as they have found a huge geothermal resource under Wyoming that not only would produce electricity but also lithium and other minerals.

Oh....and coal use is going to increase enormously over the next 20 years!!! IN fact, consumption by China is almost going to :ack-1:DOUBLE:ack-1: compared to 2014!!

Coal Will Be King by 2030 RealClearEnergy

Maybe. Maybe not. China is doing some interesting things with alternatives.
China is doing something interesting with alternatives? Yea, making a $Trillion$ dollars off our back.

China just built the Heavy Industry to build Nuclear Reactors, (a thread old crock replied to,then old crock ran from the post when I replied, dully noted).

Got that Old Crock, China will soon become the World's Largest Exporter of the Most Powerful Energy in the World. Nuclear Power.

China just forged their first Reactor, tell us Old crock, where do we do that in the USA.

China is building 28 Nuclear Reactors right now, our design, Westinghouse AP 1000's.

That is what China is doing that is Interesting.

Last edited:

We import electricity from Wyoming because a great deal of the electricity we produce goes to California. We actually produce enough in this state to supply our own needs, but California companies funded the building of the generotors, therefore, the electricity goes to them. And Wyoming may well cease to produce coal fired electricity as they have found a huge geothermal resource under Wyoming that not only would produce electricity but also lithium and other minerals.
May?

Geothermal is the most expensive electricity in the world, each source is unique physically, chemically. The Geysers in California went dry so they use fracking to produce steam. Places like Leathers, which Old Crock has tried to use in the past, is constantly drilling to find a new source of steam, constantly drilling as in the same as drilling for oil. The newest plant built near Leathers, that is the the South end of the Salton Sea in California, the newest plant failed to produce, even after test wells and all the engineering, funny its surrounded by 10 other geothermal plants.

Oregon produces enough energy for ourselves but we still import electricity to meet our needs, thanks Old Crock, you are your biggest opponent.

Dumb Ass, maybe you should quit opening your posts with an insult, read what you are responding to, and simply admit you do not know anything about energy. Hell, you do not even know your own industry.

Doubt it seriously. Not economical to be done HERE in the USA. By the time you complied with the lawyers, the zoners, and the EPA -- you'd be broke.. That Waste stream and ENVIROFUCK nightmare is going overseas...

Be expensive as hell to ship all that crap to Bangalore..

Forum List

Back