Electric Car Proposal In The News Again.Wouldn't It Be Great If Someone Asks A Liberal How Electric Cars Work In A Sudden Tornado/Hurricane Warning?

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
We have brought this issue up here many times, and Ive seen the hosts bring this up on Fox as well. We have talked about it here and among our friends/family. Can you imagine the day comes when most cars in the USA are electric, and most get about 250 miles per charge? In the southeast, they don't have much of a warning when a tornado is coming, and doesn't it take a long time to charge an EV? and, Florida? we have all visioned what would happen if over 100K, and maybe up to a million would have to evacuate as a CAT 3,4 or 5 was approaching. No need to describe what that chaos would look like. Maybe someone needs to ask President Biden about this matter?

We have brought this issue up here many times, and Ive seen the hosts bring this up on Fox as well. We have talked about it here and among our friends/family. Can you imagine the day comes when most cars in the USA are electric, and most get about 250 miles per charge? In the southeast, they don't have much of a warning when a tornado is coming, and doesn't it take a long time to charge an EV? and, Florida? we have all visioned what would happen if over 100K, and maybe up to a million would have to evacuate as a CAT 3,4 or 5 was approaching. No need to describe what that chaos would look like. Maybe someone needs to ask President Biden about this matter?
And since the electricity will be down for days and perhaps weeks it will be more fun for all.

^ :cuckoo:

how is it different than a gas car??

Keep it charged.
And not much different from lineups at gas stations.

Isn't this where the denialists start screaming profanities?

and when will Biden tell us where the batteres need to be manufacured or at least where the rare earth parts will come from?
The debate is still too low brow for me.
You didn't pay attention to what I told you people yesterday on EV's replacing gas/diesel cars. Get back to me when you're informed.

how is it different than a gas car??
I get over 400 miles with tankful of gas on my Honda Pilot. If I have to stop and get more gas there are literally a thousand gas stations on the evacuation routes out of Florida.

My son's Tesla is lucky to get over 200 miles and that is only on a 100% charge on level ground with a light load and it is not too cold. It takes him an hour to charge it up and there are very few charging stations.

I get over 400 miles with tankful of gas on my Honda Pilot. If I have to stop and get more gas there are literally a thousand gas stations on the evacuation routes out of Florida.

My son's Tesla is lucky to get over 200 miles and that is only on a 100% charge on level ground with a light load and it is not too cold. It takes him an hour to charge it up and there are very few charging stations.
right! and who is gonna build the 20 to 30 million charging stations by 2030? and where is the electricity gonna come from?

what if the power is out at those gas stations just like at the peoples homes that stop them from charging their EC's???

right! and who is gonna build the 20 to 30 million charging stations by 2030? and where is the electricity gonna come from?
In California every increase of 2% in the number of EVs will result in the need of an additional 20 gigawatts of power generation.

That is the size of their nuclear power generation facility at Diablo Canyon, one of the largest in the world.

In California every increase of 2% in the number of EVs will result in the need of an additional 20 gigawatts of power generation.

That is the size of their nuclear power generation facility at Diablo Canyon, one of the largest in the world.
this is gonna be solyndra all over again,,,and alot more than 500 Million dollars being flushed down the toilet

Most gas station in the SE have backup generators.
famous last words,,,

I will never say ECs are a viable replacement but they do have their place,, so if we can fix the battery recycle issue that some people have already done the only thing left is where they get the power from,, if its coal or other fossils in the end it does cut emissions and in places like the LA basin that will make a huge difference,,

also if I lived in the southwest where sun is almost constant I would have solar panels that did nothing but charge my car and never need to pay for fuel again,,
as little as I drive even here in the midwest it can also work,,

Forum List

Back