Electoral College

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
More states consider working around the Electoral College

"In states including Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Mexico, legislators have said they plan to introduce legislation that would require their state's Electoral College voters cast ballots for the presidential candidate who earns the most votes nationwide, regardless of the statewide results."

These idiots want to ignore the will of the people of the state, and cast the electoral votes for the winner of the national popular vote?

"Hey, Nevada, what you want doesn't matter, you voted overwhelmingly for Smith, but the COUNTRY wants Jones. Tough luck"

"Hey, Ohio. doesn't matter if you voted 7-3 for Smith, California and New York voted 3-1 for Jones, so HE gets your electoral votes"

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

It is quite clear that the whole State's Rights issue is very much disliked by the Left.

They seem to prefer a highly centralized national government in DC, run by a very small group of unaccountable elites (really criminals). Or, maybe they just haven't thought it through.

"In states including Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Mexico, legislators have said they plan to introduce legislation that would require their state's Electoral College voters cast ballots for the presidential candidate who earns the most votes nationwide, regardless of the statewide results."

These idiots want to ignore the will of the people of the state, and cast the electoral votes for the winner of the national popular vote?

"Hey, Nevada, what you want doesn't matter, you voted overwhelmingly for Smith, but the COUNTRY wants Jones. Tough luck"

"Hey, Ohio. doesn't matter if you voted 7-3 for Smith, California and New York voted 3-1 for Jones, so HE gets your electoral votes"

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

Could you provide a link, especially to PA even discussing the subject? I have heard of no such discussion.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

Could you provide a link, especially to PA even discussing the subject? I have heard of no such discussion.
Read the link provided in the OP.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

All I've got is the article I linked.

I was surprised to see Ohio on the list.

They bounce between blue and red like a ping pong ball

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

Read the link provided in the OP.
I didn't see anything other than the democrats were whining and Pelosi has the pipe dream of a constitutional amendment. There is no talk of it in PA as being implied, except by those with sever butt burn.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

All I've got is the article I linked.

I was surprised to see Ohio on the list.

They bounce between blue and red like a ping pong ball
Do you live in a battleground state? If so then I think you would have heard about the democrats trying to rig the system so they can win. I have heard nothing of this from PA. Of course with most states now controlled by Republicans, for good reason, this has little chance of going anywhere.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?
Ridiculous

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?

first off it is a lot leftard butthurt

there are at least 33 states that can write laws to prevent that

Just looked at the redistricting of 2010 census...The blue states lost the majority which went to states Trump won....You have another one fast approaching.....If that trend holds Republican states will have picked a fairly large chunk and if those states remain red dem road to the WH gets even harder. Perhaps why the hysteria.....

I don’t see it going anywhere either. Why would the electors of a state care about the national outcome?

I saw one idea that we should move the electoral votes to the congressional districts and award the “bonus” 2 votes to the winner of the State popular vote. So if you have 10 electoral votes; you have 8 due to the # of reps in the house and 2 because of your senators. So if Candidate A wins Districts 2,3,4,5,8 and Candidate B wins 1, 6 and 7 but districts 1, 6 and 7 deliver a greater number of votes…you win the same number of votes as Candidate A; 5 and 5.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?
I'd want to think about this. But one thing I don't have to think about, will, is that I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, a joyous New Year and I look forward to many friendly arguments in the years to come.

Mass stupidity, IMO.

Comments?
Thoughts?
I'd want to think about this. But one thing I don't have to think about, will, is that I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, a joyous New Year and I look forward to many friendly arguments in the years to come.

Be assured the sentiment is returned, as well as the Blessings of the Season

"Every vote in this country should have equal weight. The Electoral College is a relic of a bygone era, and we need to change this system," said Connecticut state Sen. Mae Flexer, who filed a bill with several fellow Democrats requiring Connecticut to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

Since 2006, 11 states have signed onto the compact, which require their Electoral College voters to cast ballots for the national popular vote winner. In theory it would take effect once it involves states representing at least 270 electoral votes, the threshold to win the presidency.

Just get rid of the EC. Most infrastructure if there is any is going to be done in the most populated states, NY and CA, and CA and NY pay the most in taxes.

Our votes are not equal, and this old way of doing things is not working today. The politicians get to redraw district and pick the EC in my state.

Wyoming doesn't really matter.

"Every vote in this country should have equal weight. The Electoral College is a relic of a bygone era, and we need to change this system," said Connecticut state Sen. Mae Flexer, who filed a bill with several fellow Democrats requiring Connecticut to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

Since 2006, 11 states have signed onto the compact, which require their Electoral College voters to cast ballots for the national popular vote winner. In theory it would take effect once it involves states representing at least 270 electoral votes, the threshold to win the presidency.

Just get rid of the EC. Most infrastructure if there is any is going to be done in the most populated states, NY and CA, and CA and NY pay the most in taxes.

Our votes are not equal, and this old way of doing things is not working today. The politicians get to redraw district and pick the EC in my state.

If Wyoming really doesn't really matter, neither do New York, or California.

Yes the 1/2 million in Wyoming should count as 1/2 million votes, not 625,000 votes to one vote in MI.

1 vote in Wy = about 625,000 votes in Mi. What is wrong with that picture, tell me how my vote counts. Tell the people in NY and CA (who pay the most in taxes) tell them how their vote counts.

Yes the 1/2 million in Wyoming should count as 1/2 million votes, not 625,000 votes to one vote in MI.

1 vote in Wy = about 625,000 votes in Mi. What is wrong with that picture, tell me how my vote counts. Tell the people in NY and CA (who pay the most in taxes) tell them how their vote counts.

The votes in Wyoming only count in Wyoming, the votes in California only count in California.

The winning person in those respective states get the electoral votes for those states.

Clinton got 2 million more votes in California than Trump?

Only matters in California.

Doesn't affect the vote in Wyoming, Utah, Ohio, or any other states.

Or do you believe only Blue states should have a voice?

Last edited:

The votes in Wyoming only count in Wyoming, the votes in California only count in California.

The winning person in those respective states get the electoral votes for those states.

Clinton got 2 million more votes in California than Trump?

Only matters in California.

Doesn't affect the vote in Wyoming, Utah, Ohio, or any other states.

Or do you believe only Blue states should have a voice?

I understand how it works, but it doesn't work well and votes are not equal. Wyoming and Vermont should have 1 EC , not 3. Cal should count more than Wy.

The EC has got to go.

It is quite clear that the whole State's Rights issue is very much disliked by the Left.

They seem to prefer a highly centralized national government in DC, run by a very small group of unaccountable elites (really criminals). Or, maybe they just haven't thought it through.
The representatives of a state making decisions for the state is a state's right issue. That gipper does not like it, shows that gipper wants the feds to decide. The reps have the right to do this if they want, kiddo.

Forum List

Back