Election Process in Israel?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
If Israel is looking at a early election when would that be? Would all seats like PM, and all Minister positions be up to vote, and would the Israeli's do the voting?

Also what is the normal election process in Israel, isn't this the third time PM Bibi has been elected PM? Is there some sort of limit. Its hard to keep track as the same ones seem to keep trading positions from MF to PM to President and on an on. Who decides this, the people?

Ok thanks, so the people only choose the party, then the President of that Party becomes President and the member of that party decide and vote for the PM, Minister of Defense and Budget, etc.

I get the impression anyone can call for an early election if they feel the party in or man is not running things right. Apparently there are lots of early elections. In an early election do the people vote for the party again or does the President just choose different PM's to run things?

So if there is an early election, when do you think it might be?

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Tuesday made the dramatic move of firing Economics Minister and Yesh Atid Chairman Yair Lapid, as well as Justice Minister and Hatnua Chairwoman Tzipi Livni, spelling the end of the coalition government.
"In recent weeks, including the last day, the ministers Lapid and Livni have sharply attacked the government I lead," explained Netanyahu. "I will not tolerate any more opposition from within the government, I will not tolerate ministers attacking the policy of the government and its leader from within the government."
Netanyahu Fires Lapid and Livni from Coalition - Inside Israel - News - Arutz Sheva

Wow, thats power. One man has that much power hey.

How come when I open those kind of threads nobody bothers to check 'em out? *plays offended*

Well first, the Likud IS the party HE leads, well, technically speaking. The guy is a narcissist, nothing new about that, but I highly doubt early elections will do the trick.

Polls now say both Livni and Lapid crash, which is hardly surprising. Bennett is on the rise, which can also be kind of expected, and also, surprisingly enough, Hertzog.

That's kinda hilarious. That good-for-nothing geek thinks he can manage the Israeli government? LOL, wouldn't let him manage the nearest supermarket.

Gee.

My concern is as you said about PM Bibi I agree, and I worry about what he might do if he thinks he is on the way out, in regards to Iran. I always get the impression from him that he wants to be some sort of Messiah for Israel and I don't see him as the type to leave what he thinks needs to be done unfinished, but I also believe he can do what he feels needs to be done without being in office as well.

Do you live in Israel? why the fuck do you care? even if Israel had a King its none of your business clown.
You haven't been here for a while I assume, this section is no longer about the Israeli-Filistini conflict anymore the title may be misleading, we know.
This is Anti-Israel section where everything circles around Israel's atrocities and excused hypocritically to be related to the Palestinians due to Israel's bad influence.
Welcome aboard!

Do you live in Israel? why the fuck do you care? even if Israel had a King its none of your business clown.

as long as AIPAC is in our government, and pushing for us to take out Iran
its my business . Also when they blow up our buildings its our business. So I can't believe its not your business or your too busy with basketball.

You haven't been here for a while I assume, this section is no longer about the Israeli-Filistini conflict anymore the title may be misleading, we know.
This is Anti-Israel section where everything circles around Israel's atrocities and excused hypocritically to be related to the Palestinians due to Israel's bad influence.
Welcome aboard!

When Zionist mind their own business, maybe we will mind ours, but as long as they run our US government, Israel is our business, and how they affect us, I wish more Americans would get more involved.

My concern is as you said about PM Bibi I agree, and I worry about what he might do if he thinks he is on the way out, in regards to Iran. I always get the impression from him that he wants to be some sort of Messiah for Israel and I don't see him as the type to leave what he thinks needs to be done unfinished, but I also believe he can do what he feels needs to be done without being in office as well.

Arrgghh, for the love of everything that's holy, will you stop the obsession about Iran thing? Nothing is going to happen like nothing has ever happened before, Geez.

We have other things to worry about before Iran or this conflict. The government is stepping down, and we need to find the 'responsible adult'. That's more important than the Iran bu**sh*t

Well your gov is obsessed with Iran, AIPAC just asked for stricker sanctions against it. (how much stricker can one get, you could say its a cold war) Looks like March is the early elections and the same looney will get in, same party. Looks more and more like communistic government you got going.

My government is obsessed in your eyes with Iran because you're obsessed with Iran and look for that specific subject, it's easy to get confused. There are more important things than Iran, you know.

If Netanyahu will be elected again, that will be due to two main reason. One, it's Israel's short memory, we tend to forget the crap politicians did to us like 203 years ago. Second, while this man is a loon-boon and egocentric, compared to Lapid and Hertzog, he's the responsible one. What's the other option? Gal'on or Bennett as prime ministers? God forbid.

Maybe I'll vote "Green Leaf". They're all in the booze and drugs, but at least drunk you don't mind the crap going on arround you

My government is obsessed in your eyes with Iran because you're obsessed with Iran and look for that specific subject, it's easy to get confused. There are more important things than Iran, you know.

If Netanyahu will be elected again, that will be due to two main reason. One, it's Israel's short memory, we tend to forget the crap politicians did to us like 203 years ago. Second, while this man is a loon-boon and egocentric, compared to Lapid and Hertzog, he's the responsible one. What's the other option? Gal'on or Bennett as prime ministers? God forbid.

Maybe I'll vote "Green Leaf". They're all in the booze and drugs, but at least drunk you don't mind the crap going on arround you

What happened 203 years ago? If your governments obsession with Iran that causes mine. Everyday or every other one of your government, PM Minister of Defense usually, makes a comment about Iran. "If the US wont do anything , we'll take it upon ourselves" I believe they will too, as I believe they are trigger happy.

its my business . Also when they blow up our buildings its our business. So I can't believe its not your business or your too busy with basketball.

So no problem with Saudi being in your government and pushing for you to take out Iran and IS because they want to make it your business. They have already blown up your buildings and mass murdered 3,000 unarmed innocent civilians

Welcome aboard!

When Zionist mind their own business, maybe we will mind ours, but as long as they run our US government, Israel is our business, and how they affect us, I wish more Americans would get more involved.

Typical big headed yank who still thinks that the USA is the be all and end all. Your president has reduced the USA to a shadow of its former glory and it is time big headed red necks stayed out of Israel's business. Don't like what is going down then stop pandering to ISLAMONAZI TERRORISTS.

What happened 203 years ago? If your governments obsession with Iran that causes mine. Everyday or every other one of your government, PM Minister of Defense usually, makes a comment about Iran. "If the US wont do anything , we'll take it upon ourselves" I believe they will too, as I believe they are trigger happy.

So what are you so afraid of, it wont affect you in the slightest, but Iran launching a nuke will and it will open your eyes to the big picture and the reality. Maybe you need a holiday in London, try Tower Hamlets for an authentic taste of ISLAMONAZI TERRORISM and SADISTIC BEHAVIOUR.

Ok, but personally I couldn't care less about Iran, and notintetested in talking about Iran.

Got any "non obsessive" subjects regarding th elctions? Because this specific topic you came up with is boring me to death. Are you capable in debating the election without the usual obsession?

Ok, but personally I couldn't care less about Iran, and notintetested in talking about Iran.

Got any "non obsessive" subjects regarding th elctions? Because this specific topic you came up with is boring me to death. Are you capable in debating the election without the usual obsession?

You obviously do not see Iran as a threat to Israel like your government does, and I think your right, glad your not falling for it. No just keeping an eye on yous, since you affect the US so much.

So no problem with Saudi being in your government and pushing for you to take out Iran and IS because they want to make it your business. They have already blown up your buildings and mass murdered 3,000 unarmed innocent civilians

Oh so now you say SA is responsible. I think the Zionist are. Gee and here we attacked Iraq. how stupid.

Forum List

Back