Efficient electric travel has been around for decades = street ready technology

I'll bet they're a real party to try to drive around with 6" of snow on the road.

I would not know. If there is six inches of snow on the road I do not leave the home.... no way jose'.

Instead break out the wine,cheese,hummus and whip up my favorite tofu dip then top off the day with a marvelous black bean burrito. YUMO.

Saving green backs on gasoline allows more spending on the family and wine. The truly finer aspects of life.
In other words, there's absolutely no practical utility or flexibility to your chunk of shit golf cart.

I rest my case.

You offered only your opinion without first hand knowledge.....

I offered the facts.

Unless you live in a planned community of geezers in the sun belt, your golf carts are absolutely worthless and impractical....That and if 6" of snow is enough to make you call the day a wash, then you're a bigger wuss than I had already imagined.

I offered the facts.

Unless you live in a planned community of geezers in the sun belt, your golf carts are absolutely worthless and impractical....That and if 6" of snow is enough to make you call the day a wash, then you're a bigger wuss than I had already imagined.

Driving around with 6" of snow on the road is a bit too risky. Law enforcement appreciates drivers staying home.

There are many useful purposes for a electric golf cart. According to what I read the majority of inner city errands amount to 1-3 miles one way. Hell that can be done on foot or a bicycle. Electric golf carts will make that run with ease in fact 5-7 miles no sweat.

Cars like the Leaf and the Volt are doing great and will be a common sight in a year or two, as the quick charge stations become more common.Thanks Obamahhh and Dems.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Are you insane?

Year-to-date sales of the Leaf total 4,806 units in the U.S., compared to 2,870 Chevy Volts.

Electric Superiority: Nissan Leaf sales hit 931, Chevy Volt at 125 in July

For a comparison let's actually look at popular cars shall we?

Let's see, number one is the Ford F series pickup truck and looky here they sold a measly 68,278....in DECEMBER! With 584,917 sold for the year.

Who was second you ask? well that would be the Chevy Silverado Pickup, and they sold a measly 415,130 for the year.

The WORST selling of the top 20 was the Toyota Rav 4 and they sold a paltrey 132,237 for the year.

So the WOrst of teh top 20 sellers sold twice as many trucks in one month as both EV's sold all damned year.

You are a clown.

So who's insane dittohead hater?

GM's Volt Sales Rose Amid Safety Probe - WSJ.com
Jan 4, 2012 ... General Motors sold 1529 battery-powered Chevrolet Volt cars in December, a
34% increase from the prior month, amid a U.S. investigation ...

online.wsj.com/.../SB10001424052970203471004577140711350724608.html - Cached - Similar

Now if the Pub Propaganda machine could stop sabotaging the recovery...AZZHOLES!!:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

This is practical in town travel where a ton of pollution is generated. In town travel is the least efficient and most polluting. Just keep it plugged in and get years and years of service.

Villager 2 LSV

The street-legal Villager 2 Low-Speed Vehicle operates quietly and is perfect for driving to your neighborhood golf course, picking up take out at your favorite restaurant or zipping to the gym for a workout. Choose the optional cargo box and you’ll have enough room to carry a week’s worth of groceries or to haul your dog to the park for a walk.

Street-Legal Low Speed Vehicles - Club Car
out of sight out of mind. electricity is powered by petro products. another classic example of clueless . the last time i checked co2 is plant food. what say you mr. free whatever

This is practical in town travel where a ton of pollution is generated. In town travel is the least efficient and most polluting. Just keep it plugged in and get years and years of service.

Villager 2 LSV

The street-legal Villager 2 Low-Speed Vehicle operates quietly and is perfect for driving to your neighborhood golf course, picking up take out at your favorite restaurant or zipping to the gym for a workout. Choose the optional cargo box and you’ll have enough room to carry a week’s worth of groceries or to haul your dog to the park for a walk.

Still trying to save the world with golfcarts?

You ran away from this last time, so let's see if you'll run away again.

Build a golfcart that can pull a trailer up to 10k lbs at 65mph in any weather or season while carrying cargo and up to 6 people comfortably at -20 degrees Fahrenheit or 110 degrees with a range of 300 miles while handling bad roads, comfortably. Oh yes... and on a single charge.

You know, like what many Americans need to get to and from the work site, home, groceries, vacation, the store... you know... the basics.

BTW have an energy requirement of less than 400 a month.

Get one of those to match what a basic GMC Tahoe can do, and you're in business.

I would not know. If there is six inches of snow on the road I do not leave the home.... no way jose'.

Instead break out the wine,cheese,hummus and whip up my favorite tofu dip then top off the day with a marvelous black bean burrito. YUMO.

Saving green backs on gasoline allows more spending on the family and wine. The truly finer aspects of life.
In other words, there's absolutely no practical utility or flexibility to your chunk of shit golf cart.

I rest my case.

You offered only your opinion without first hand knowledge.....
Your sales website isn't first hand knowledge either.

#34-That's for the Volt, obviously. And it's selling fine more recently, dittoheads. Jeebus what azzhole citizens Pubs and dupes are....brainwashed bastids- hoping for your recovery, cold war dinosaurs...

Below is a full, detailed review for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt written by the automotive experts at New Car Test Drive. A full evaluation of the driving experience, equipment and pricing are included from journalists with a wealth of experience.
Chevrolet Volt: Introduction
By JIM MCCRAW

General Motors has been working for nearly four years to bring the Volt electric sedan to market, and, based on what we've experienced, the final result is a shockingly good, technologically brilliant electrically powered sedan. The Volt seats four.

The Chevrolet Volt uses a enormous 420-pound, T-shaped lithium-ion battery, mounted right in the center of the car, under the center console and rear seat, to power the car through a large 149-horsepower, 368 foot-pound AC-current electric motor with a planetary transmission and transaxle driving the front wheels. Chevrolet says a fully charged battery will run the car on electricity alone for nearly 47 miles.

The battery, co-developed with Korea's LG Chemical, a leader in this technology, uses 288 slim cells divided into four 72-cell packs. The battery has its own separate heating and cooling systems to allow it to operate efficiently in extremes of temperature. The battery can be fully charged on normal house current in 10-12 hours, said Chevrolet, and with a 240-volt charging station, in about four hours. Since electric power rates vary wildly across the country, Chevrolet estimated than an overnight charge will cost $1.00 to $1.50 per day, far less than the several gallons of gasoline it would take most commuters to get to work and back. Chevrolet will charge $490 for the fast-charging station, plus whatever your local power utility will charge for installation, and some power companies are prepared to offer rebates on installations to promote the idea. The first 4,400 Chevrolet Volt buyers will get the charging station free.

When impending battery depletion is sensed by the electronic control system that links the battery, motor, clutches, transaxle, and starter/generator together, the 1.4-liter gasoline engine starts, and converts the starter into a 55-kilowatt generator, which then supplies electrical power to the battery and the motor so that the journey can continue.

Travel can continue until the 9.3-gallon fuel tank runs out of fuel, a distance that Chevrolet calculates to be about 350 miles, or 47 miles on the battery and 310 miles using gasoline to charge the battery. The battery is never truly depleted, and operates continuously between 50 and 65 percent of its capacity, but the system is geared toward preserving the battery's life and condition under extremes of heat, cold and continuous duty.

The Volt's 1.4-liter double-overhead-cam, four-valve, fuel injected gasoline engine is the same engine used in the Chevrolet Cruze, without the turbocharger, and is rated at 84 horsepower at 4800 rpm. Because there is the possibility of long periods of gasoline storage, the Volt is built with a sealed, pressurized fuel system, and Chevrolet has specified that only premium unleaded fuel be used because it can stand up to long periods of storage without deterioration. There is a warning system that tells the driver to go out for a drive to burn off any condensation that has reached the fuel.

Although the Volt could be characterized as a series hybrid by some definitions, Chevrolet insists the Volt is an extended-range electric vehicle with onboard generation, and that the gasoline engine, because it adds power through the starter/generator, doesn't ever drive the front tires directly.

The battery can drive the Volt in any of three modes, Normal, Sport and Mountain, in either Drive or Low ranges in the planetary transmission, offering a great deal of situational flexibility. Volt engineers recommend using the Low range any time the car is driving in bumper-to-bumper or other heavy traffic, so that the brakes can regenerate additional electricity.

If the $41,000 price tag seems high, remember the amount of new technology and expensive parts in this car, and be reminded that there is a $7500 federal tax rebate available, which drops the price down to $33,500. There is also a federal rebate of $2000 on a home charging unit. And several states offer refunds or rebates ranging from $2000 to $5000. Chevrolet offers a lease price on a Volt of $350 a month, with a 36,000-mile limit and a $2500 down payment. While the entire vehicle carries a normal GM warranty (three years, 36,000 miles), the battery itself carries an eight-year, 100,000-mile warranty.
Chevrolet Volt Reviews - Review of New Chevrolet Volt Cars - New York Times

The sales numbers I posted were the year's sales for 2011. Those numbers are absurdly low. You have to sell around 20,000 vehicles of the normal variety to simply break even. Chevy and Nissan are losing their asses on these abortions.

GM's Volt Sales Rose Amid Safety Probe - WSJ.com
Jan 4, 2012 ... General Motors sold 1529 battery-powered Chevrolet Volt cars in December, a
34% increase from the prior month, amid a U.S. investigation ...

online.wsj.com/.../SB10001424052970203471004577140711350724608.html - Cached - Similar

Now if the Pub Propaganda machine could stop sabotaging the recovery...AZZHOLES!!

Yes they were able to sell that number by having the GOVERNMENT buy them for the government. From the government. Funny how you propagandists work that out. Try being honest for once.

I offered the facts.

Driving around with 6" of snow on the road is a bit too risky. Law enforcement appreciates drivers staying home.

There are many useful purposes for a electric golf cart. According to what I read the majority of inner city errands amount to 1-3 miles one way. Hell that can be done on foot or a bicycle. Electric golf carts will make that run with ease in fact 5-7 miles no sweat.
And employers require their workers to come in, not to mention kids to school and workers need their paycheck. Not everyone's a pussy like you living obviously down south where 2 snowflakes an hour shuts the fucking state down.

You hot house orchids don't know what to do with inclement weather, or the amount of power and quality engineering it takes to get a car to work in -30 degrees or have snowfalls of over 30 inches a year average on the LOW end. Go to the UP and see 200 inches a year. They actually do resort to alternate transportation though: Snowmobiles once the state is forced to stop plowing.

But that's a fucking cold ride when you're going to and from work, and picking up the kids is gonna be a mess. Hope you have good warm clothing.

#34-That's for the Volt, obviously. And it's selling fine more recently, dittoheads. Jeebus what azzhole citizens Pubs and dupes are....brainwashed bastids- hoping for your recovery, cold war dinosaurs...

Below is a full, detailed review for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt written by the automotive experts at New Car Test Drive. A full evaluation of the driving experience, equipment and pricing are included from journalists with a wealth of experience.
Chevrolet Volt: Introduction
By JIM MCCRAW

General Motors has been working for nearly four years to bring the Volt electric sedan to market, and, based on what we've experienced, the final result is a shockingly good, technologically brilliant electrically powered sedan. The Volt seats four.

The Chevrolet Volt uses a enormous 420-pound, T-shaped lithium-ion battery, mounted right in the center of the car, under the center console and rear seat, to power the car through a large 149-horsepower, 368 foot-pound AC-current electric motor with a planetary transmission and transaxle driving the front wheels. Chevrolet says a fully charged battery will run the car on electricity alone for nearly 47 miles.

The battery, co-developed with Korea's LG Chemical, a leader in this technology, uses 288 slim cells divided into four 72-cell packs. The battery has its own separate heating and cooling systems to allow it to operate efficiently in extremes of temperature. The battery can be fully charged on normal house current in 10-12 hours, said Chevrolet, and with a 240-volt charging station, in about four hours. Since electric power rates vary wildly across the country, Chevrolet estimated than an overnight charge will cost $1.00 to $1.50 per day, far less than the several gallons of gasoline it would take most commuters to get to work and back. Chevrolet will charge $490 for the fast-charging station, plus whatever your local power utility will charge for installation, and some power companies are prepared to offer rebates on installations to promote the idea. The first 4,400 Chevrolet Volt buyers will get the charging station free.

When impending battery depletion is sensed by the electronic control system that links the battery, motor, clutches, transaxle, and starter/generator together, the 1.4-liter gasoline engine starts, and converts the starter into a 55-kilowatt generator, which then supplies electrical power to the battery and the motor so that the journey can continue.

Travel can continue until the 9.3-gallon fuel tank runs out of fuel, a distance that Chevrolet calculates to be about 350 miles, or 47 miles on the battery and 310 miles using gasoline to charge the battery. The battery is never truly depleted, and operates continuously between 50 and 65 percent of its capacity, but the system is geared toward preserving the battery's life and condition under extremes of heat, cold and continuous duty.

The Volt's 1.4-liter double-overhead-cam, four-valve, fuel injected gasoline engine is the same engine used in the Chevrolet Cruze, without the turbocharger, and is rated at 84 horsepower at 4800 rpm. Because there is the possibility of long periods of gasoline storage, the Volt is built with a sealed, pressurized fuel system, and Chevrolet has specified that only premium unleaded fuel be used because it can stand up to long periods of storage without deterioration. There is a warning system that tells the driver to go out for a drive to burn off any condensation that has reached the fuel.

Although the Volt could be characterized as a series hybrid by some definitions, Chevrolet insists the Volt is an extended-range electric vehicle with onboard generation, and that the gasoline engine, because it adds power through the starter/generator, doesn't ever drive the front tires directly.

The battery can drive the Volt in any of three modes, Normal, Sport and Mountain, in either Drive or Low ranges in the planetary transmission, offering a great deal of situational flexibility. Volt engineers recommend using the Low range any time the car is driving in bumper-to-bumper or other heavy traffic, so that the brakes can regenerate additional electricity.

If the $41,000 price tag seems high, remember the amount of new technology and expensive parts in this car, and be reminded that there is a $7500 federal tax rebate available, which drops the price down to $33,500. There is also a federal rebate of $2000 on a home charging unit. And several states offer refunds or rebates ranging from $2000 to $5000. Chevrolet offers a lease price on a Volt of $350 a month, with a 36,000-mile limit and a $2500 down payment. While the entire vehicle carries a normal GM warranty (three years, 36,000 miles), the battery itself carries an eight-year, 100,000-mile warranty.
Chevrolet Volt Reviews - Review of New Chevrolet Volt Cars - New York Times

The sales numbers I posted were the year's sales for 2011. Those numbers are absurdly low. You have to sell around 20,000 vehicles of the normal variety to simply break even. Chevy and Nissan are losing their asses on these abortions.
The Edsel now is green.

I drive a Prius Hybrid. The best mileage I ever got was 58.9 and it was loaded with 4 people and luggage for a 5 day trip to Atlanta. Memphis to Atlanta, all around Atlanta and back I used about 15 gallons of fuel. I don't see how anyone could complain or compete with that. My Prius is relatively new with only 8,000 miles on it and I have never had it back to the dealer except for a tire rotation at 5,000 miles and that was free as will be all of my maintenance for the next 3 years or 36,000 miles. A neighbor has one with over 300,000 miles and has never had any major work whatsoever done to his. He even still has the original batteries in it. Can't beat that.

I also live in a golf cart community. I have a 2005 Club Car DS electric rig. I meter the charging and I only have to charge it about every 3 weeks. I just drive it around my 12 block neighborhood and I am not a golfer. According to my meter I spend about 45 cents every 3 weeks charging the golf cart. I have never had to do anything else but charge it. It is the most wonderful piece of neighborhood transportation I have ever heard of and especially ever owned. My neighbors, on the other hand, that drive gas golf carts are constantly having to have work done on them and are constantly going after gas for their carts. Seriously, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.

Electric was fantastic over a century ago and is far better now and is the future like it or not. You don't want to buy one? Great!!!!!!!!! There will always be markets for fools and that always has been and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drive a Prius Hybrid. The best mileage I ever got was 58.9 and it was loaded with 4 people and luggage for a 5 day trip to Atlanta. Memphis to Atlanta, all around Atlanta and back I used about 15 gallons of fuel. I don't see how anyone could complain or compete with that. My Prius is relatively new with only 8,000 miles on it and I have never had it back to the dealer except for a tire rotation at 5,000 miles and that was free as will be all of my maintenance for the next 3 years or 36,000 miles. A neighbor has one with over 300,000 miles and has never had any major work whatsoever done to his. He even still has the original batteries in it. Can't beat that.

I also live in a golf cart community. I have a 2005 Club Car DS electric rig. I meter the charging and I only have to charge it about every 3 weeks. I just drive it around my 12 block neighborhood and I am not a golfer. According to my meter I spend about 45 cents every 3 weeks charging the golf cart. I have never had to do anything else but charge it. It is the most wonderful piece of neighborhood transportation I have ever heard of and especially ever owned. My neighbors, on the other hand, that drive gas golf carts are constantly having to have work done on them and are constantly going after gas for their carts. Seriously, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.

Electric was fantastic over a century ago and is far better now and is the future like it or not. You don't want to buy one? Great!!!!!!!!! There will always be markets for fools and that always has been and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just drive it around my 12 block neighborhood and I am not a golfer.

I have to drive 12 miles to work each way every day. In WI, all winter long. It MUST be dependable in all weather save full on blizzards/ice storm and make the drive in 15 minutes. Got a golfcart that can do that? Particularly if I have to bring home groceries and not have me freeze to death and do it at night too?

I have to drive 12 miles to work each way every day. In WI, all winter long. It MUST be dependable in all weather save full on blizzards/ice storm and make the drive in 15 minutes. Got a golfcart that can do that? Particularly if I have to bring home groceries and not have me freeze to death and do it at night too?

You don't have to be a smart ass. I've never said a golf cart could do what you need but a Prius sure as hell can and I believe the new Chevy Volt can probably do it better. There are other options for you but guzzling your gas and maintaining your self-righteousness isn't going to get you anywhere in the intelligence department.

And you would be wrong on all counts. Your Prius cost 33K new as opposed to the Ford Focus Turbo diesel. The diesel AVERAGES 67 mpg and is capable of getting 80 mpg on long runs. And it costs 10K LESS then your hybrid. Plus it is more environmentally friendly to produce then your incredibly wasteful hybrid. Plus there is no battery pack to go tits up and cost between 3,000 and 8,000 to replace (I am assuming there will be a technology breakthrough to drop the battery price down from the current near 13,000 replacement cost).

So yes, you are correct the smart people are buying turbo diesels which allows them to travel farther than you for less money, less intial outlay of funds and they will do significantly less environmental damage then your precious Prius.

Fool...

You don't have to be a smart ass. I've never said a golf cart could do what you need but a Prius sure as hell can and I believe the new Chevy Volt can probably do it better. There are other options for you but guzzling your gas and maintaining your self-righteousness isn't going to get you anywhere in the intelligence department.
1. You don't know WHAT I drive, so can the sanctimony of your Toyota Pious ownership.

2. Yeah, a Volt might do it if it doesn't burst into flame, and actually lives up to the hype (which it hasn't yet)

3. Intelligence dictates you buy the vehicle you need to meet your needs not vice versa.

4. Until it's proven conclusively that the hybrid car is actually a BETTER vehicle than most basic internal combustion engines (That includes price and capabilities) it's not assumed to be better.

5. There IS a purpose for hybrid technology, and 3rd or 4th generation engines will probably do the trick. Buses, short haul transportation and locomotives all do very well with this style of technology and makes sense for them to use it en masse. I've driven hybrid buses, and they're nice and zippy and don't waste fuel with my many stops. But they suck just like a regular bus on the highway.

6. You don't have to be a dumbass either.

Villager 2 LSV

:eek::eek:

I SWEAR.... you ARE liesmatters!

like I siad earlier..........electric cars are ghey. Nobody wants them except the hysterical environmental jerkoffs......their only reason to buy them is because they are otherwise irrelevant and need to make a statement in life.

Anyway.......those little 2 door gay SPECKs are dangerous as hell..........a veritable joke. They'll get a handful of mental cases who will buy them so they can be proud of supporting some idiot cause........but just a handful.

Nobody wants to drive a death trap...............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIsP8ulBwfg]Smart VS. Mercedes C-Class CRASH TEST - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back