Edwards Cashes In On Wifes Cancer

But it's even easier to let someone else do the research and interpert it for you. The conclusive statement as it pertains to this? Elizabeth Edwards is "outre".

That is your subjective opinion.

I am that person living next door to you brandishing a gun.

I know my neighbors. Even though we disagree on some socio-political issues and religious perspectives, we get along. I have yet to hear of one walking out onto his yard to chase anyone who might be on his yard.

You do mean televised surgery, not to outlaw all TV, right? That'd be a draconian measure just to get rid of THAT cable news network.

I'm sorry that my message was not clear. I think that inmates should not be provided with televisions – not be allowed to watch televisions. Why should taxpayers pay for televisions to be provided in prisons?

Sounds almost conservative to me, good thing you're not a Obama or a Clinton supporter, Elizabeth Edwards would rake you over the coals.

I do not believe that the Bible is the totally complete and accurate word of God. I think that, at the very least, civil unions should be allowed for gay couples. I think that people should be allowed to purchase marijuana.

So, am I a liberal, conservative, or moderate?

1. Issues are relative and subjective in importance. Personally, I would be concerned for my children’s safety around a man who would bring out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. With what little information I have on the person/incident, I doubt that I would want my kids around such a seemingly paranoid gun-happy individual.

2. If the Republican’s home complies with city ordinances, even if it is slummy, then the Republican is under no obligation to change the home to suit Edwards. He might be an insensitive jerk, particularly if he is keeping it messy to spite Edwards (petty bickering) but he is under no requirement to clean it up.

A person feels how she feels. Each person is entitled to heel how she wants to feel about the antics of another. If I were Mrs. Edwards, based on what little information that I have about the story, I, personally, would feel slightly annoyed. I would keep my kids away from the individual. Also, considering my resources and options, I might consider moving away from him.

This does show that Mrs. Edwards has no use for those who are not of her 'social' status

You'd think that Elizabeth Edwards would have a few more important things to worry about these days than her neighbors.

I thought we learned not to like people like her and her phoney husband from watching Walt Disney movies as a kid.

This does show that Mrs. Edwards has no use for those who are not of her 'social' status

No. All that this particular incident shows is that Elizabeth Edwards does not like those who would so abruptly draw a gun.

You'd think that Elizabeth Edwards would have a few more important things to worry about these days than her neighbors.

People can have multiple concerns at roughly the same time. She is probably concerned about her cancer, her husband’s election, and neighbors so quick to draw a gun.

I thought we learned not to like people like her and her phoney husband from watching Walt Disney movies as a kid.

People are free to like and dislike people for whatever reason that they think to be valid. I don’t like people wearing green spiked hair. So, I’m prejudiced.

Disclaimer: This is my subjective opinion!

Hmmm...I'm not sure, I'll have to walk through your posts here...

I'm sorry that my message was not clear. I think that inmates should not be provided with televisions – not be allowed to watch televisions. Why should taxpayers pay for televisions to be provided in prisons?

Conservative, although you should have complained about them lifting weights.

I wish that abortion were outlawed except to save the mother’s life and, perhaps, in cases of rape or incest.

Inconclusive.

Do you advocate an overturn on RvW, or is this more "keep it rare and legal" rhetoric?

Prisons should be more punitive. I support the 3-strikes idea.

Three strikes as is? Conservative.

I oppose increasing minimum wage.

Fiscally conservative. Abolishment?

I support the option of privatizing social security.

Fiscally conservative.

Yet, some people still consider me to be a far left wing liberal.

That is their subjective opinion.

I do not believe that the Bible is the totally complete and accurate word of God.

Not fundamentalist, minus Religious Right points. Inconclusive.

I think that, at the very least, civil unions should be allowed for gay couples.

"At the very least"? Libertarian, liberal.

I think that people should be allowed to purchase marijuana.

Libertarian, liberal, even just for "medicinal use". Go potheads.

People are free to like and dislike people for whatever reason that they think to be valid. I don’t like people wearing green spiked hair. So, I’m prejudiced.

No, you just don't like people wearing green spiked hair unless you're discriminating against them or lining them up against the wall and shooting them.

You sounded politically correct enough - libertarian, liberal.

Economic conservative, social libertarian. But the past always is the best predictor of the future - how did you vote last election? Before that? Before that? President, Senate, House?

Disclaimer: This is my subjective opinion!

red states rule said:
She is a snob and got busted

About Lizzie Edwards? Yeah, she's lost her "common touch" she feigned on this 2004 interview, listen to how she fields this hardball question:

Some people say that if your husband had been at the top of the ticket in 2004, he could have beaten George W. Bush.

It would be hard for me to say that I didn't think that was true. John was exactly the counterpoint we needed because the President had portrayed himself as somebody in touch with the guy on the corner. What you needed to show the falsity of that was to have somebody who really was in touch with the guy on the corner, who really understood the lives of people who work in factories, people who struggle, people who live middle-class lives built around their children, Saturday or Sunday soccer, and Friday-night football.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1538640,00.html

See, she's better than just about everybody, not just her neighbor, but HILLARY CLINTON:

"She and I are from the same generation," she said of the senator and former first lady. "We both went to law school and married other lawyers, but after that we made other choices. I think my choices have made me happier. I think I'm more joyful than she is."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/10/20/politics/p191304D01.DTL

Oh yeah, she sounds like a barrel of laughs.

WashPost Fashion Critic: Pricey John Edwards Haircuts 'A Breck Girl Move'
Posted by Tim Graham on April 20, 2007 - 06:52.
Washington Post fashion writer Robin Givhan, who's often slashed at the fractured fashions of Team Bush, and who in 2004 hailed the hair of John Edwards (it "cries out to be tousled"), surprised readers on Friday by finding Edwards guilty of "primping" with his $400 haircuts. She doesn't go the whole way and mock his rich vs. poor "Two Americas" talk, but it's bubbling under the surface. Early on, she notes a "Bush loyalist" called Edwards a "Breck Girl," (um, isn't "Rush Limbaugh" a better tag for who started that?) and then Judge Robin ruled:

Edwards considers triple-digit grooming expenses a part of campaigning. He listed his salon and spa bills under "consulting/events," after all...But there is a line between grooming and primping. Brushing your teeth is grooming. Giving yourself a big Chiclet smile with veneers is primping. Having an adept barber come around to the hotel to give a busy candidate a trim is grooming. Getting the owner of an expensive Beverly Hills salon to come over, knowing full well that the cost is going to be 10 times what the average Joe is likely to pay for a haircut . . . that's a Breck girl move.

Political candidates of all stripes want to show off their big ideas, superior intellect, uncommon leadership skills. But they also spend a lot of time making clear their ability to relate to the average man. That's what all the diner visits, rolled-up sleeves and folksy talk are meant to do. A $400 haircut isn't folksy. And it doesn't matter who's paying for it.

Givhan also earns points for at least mentioning the "I Feel Pretty" YouTube video of Edwards. Before she learned of the titanic tabs for the Edwards haircuts, back in 2004, Givhan raved over the mane of the Silky Pony (that's Laura Ingraham's nom de coif):

He has a precise haircut with artfully clipped layers. His hair is a beautiful shade of chocolate brown with honey-colored highlights. It is not particularly long, but it is smooth and shiny. It is boyish hair not because of the style but because it looks so healthy and buoyant and practically cries out to be tousled the same way a well-groomed golden retriever demands to be nuzzled.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12170

John Edwards is a very high maitineance beauty, isn't he? Now he claims he's embarrassed by this hair controversy, at least he won't need the blush:

BREAKING NEWS: (Updated 1:56 p.m.) ADEL, Iowa – As a gusty spring wind tousled his neatly trimmed locks Friday, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards said he’s embarrassed about his now famous $400 haircut.

Campaign finance records show that Edwards’ campaign paid a Beverly Hills stylist $400 for his haircuts. Those pricey snips have undercut Edwards’ image as a populist crusading for the little guy.

“It’s a ridiculous amount of money for a haircut,” Edwards told reporters after a campaign stop on Adel’s town square. “I’m actually embarrassed by it.

“This guy had to come to where I was to get a haircut. I knew it’d be expensive. I didn’t know it would be that expensive. Hopefully I’ll have enough sense not to do that again.”

Edwards rejected the notion that his haircuts don’t jibe with his campaign message. He spent Friday touting a plan for rural recovery that calls for helping small farmers and business owners.

“It doesn’t change who I am, what I believe in,” Edwards said. “My whole life has been spent standing up for people who have no voice, and I’ll do that as long as I’m alive.”

Edwards joked about the haircut fallout during his talk to 150 voters. He said his personal story is an example of why people want to come to America.

“They want to come here because people like me ... the son of a mill worker ... can now be running for president and paying $400 for a haircut,” Edwards said to loud laughter.

http://www.quadcitytimes.com/articles/2007/04/20/news/local/doc46290d0d1b6a0302149596.txt

So he thinks people want to come to America to see a self-described (gag) "son of a mill worker" have his hair cut in Iowa? Paid for by his campaign, not by him, of course.

Maybe I am naive after all, I thought that youtube video was fake. It isn't, thanks for the info onlyliberalmediamatters!

http://mediamatters.org/items/200704190006?src=item200704190006

I still don't realize George Soro's point there, I guess just to bitch about people daring to question these haircuts:

ABC News' Raelyn Johnson Reports: You can tell it's political season when people are putting a fine tooth comb to, well hair. A report filed with the Federal Election Commission last weekend revealed that former Sen. John Edwards' D-N.C., presidential campaign twice shelled out $400 for haircuts he received from a Beverly Hills salon.

He's going to pay it back, now. And he's overdue for a cucumber peel.

Arrogrance is what makes a liberal

Wow. Find a couple of arrogant Liberals and you draw the conclusion that Liberals are arrogant. By applying the same logic, it looks to me like Christians are a very violent people.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_viol.htm

I’m still looking for some legitimate statistical research that would support the gross generalizations that you spread concerning Liberals.

Wow. Find a couple of arrogant Liberals and you draw the conclusion that Liberals are arrogant. By applying the same logic, it looks to me like Christians are a very violent people.

I’m still looking for some legitimate statistical research that would support the gross generalizations that you spread concerning Liberals.

And yet the majority of the liberals I know would have you believe that Ann Coulter speaks not only for neocons, but for the entire Republican party.

It's just duly noted that the Republicans don't disavow her either and defend her instead of calling her out for what she is.

I've been railing against her for years, yet they won't listen to me. LOL.

Seriously, I can't stand the woman, never have liked her, never read one of her books, when her face appears on the television screen I change the channel. For that matter, I don't like the neocons either. Those bastards need to start their own party. Or not, I may register with a different party this year (though I would hate to lose my ability to vote in the primary). Libertarian, maybe Independent. Is there a Republitarian party?

I do not believe that the Bible is the totally complete and accurate word of God. I think that, at the very least, civil unions should be allowed for gay couples. I think that people should be allowed to purchase marijuana.

Liberal in the classical sense.

It's just duly noted that the Republicans don't disavow her either and defend her instead of calling her out for what she is.

Say what you want about Ann

Thanks to the libs having a fucking stroke over what she says - she is making MORE money, doing more personal appearances, and making more speechs

Keep up they pity parties about what you libs call "hate speech"

Edwards & the Arrogance of the Entitled
By Richard Reeves

NEW YORK -- Three weeks after I wrote that I thought John Edwards might be going someplace in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, I found out where he was heading: to the barber shop.

The candidate, who has been looking pretty and pretty impressive in defining "Two Americas" -- one for the rich and privileged, a lesser place for everyone else -- came up with a wonderful device to show us all what he meant. His campaign spending reports, required by the Federal Election Commission, revealed that he has been paying $400 for haircuts by a Beverly Hills cutter named Joseph Torrenueva. The guy must be good, because Edwards' hair sure looks good. So does the rest of him, helped along by a $250 shaping at the Designworks Salon in Dubuque, Iowa, and $225 at the Pink Sapphire spa in Manchester, N.H.

Well, the man has great hair. My barber tells me I do, too, and he only charges 20 bucks.

That's $20 of my own money. Edwards, who has a couple of thousand times as much money as I do, pays for his tonsorial needs from campaign funds. He travels the country asking concerned citizens for money so he can get haircuts and body polishing. Where I come from that is called a real sense of entitlement.

Edwards says that he and America are angry about wretched excess, things like corporate chief executive officers giving themselves huge bonuses to buy new yachts and new wives. Well, a lot of people are mad, and they should be. I grieve for Gov. Jon Corzine of New Jersey, who is going to spend months in hospitals and physical rehabilitation because of the injuries he suffered in a tragic accident on the Garden State Parkway last week. He is a nice and effective man, but what the hell was he doing in a state car going 91 mph in the rain?

What gives him the right? The fact that he's rich? It is sad that he was so badly hurt, but the fact is that he was not only endangering his own life, he was a danger to everyone else using the road that night. For what? So he could get to the television cameras in Princeton, to sit in on the meeting between the Rutgers women's basketball team and a dirty old man who called them whores on the radio.

A sense of entitlement is a creeping mold on the American dream. Poor boys can make a lot of money -- Edwards as a trial lawyer, Corzine as an investment banker -- buy a public title and act like a separate breed, members of our own unofficial House of Lords, or American monarchs. Maybe we didn't learn that much in 1776.

Smart boys can do the same thing. Paul Wolfowitz, president of the World Bank after showing his military genius in trying to conquer Iraq, is not a rich man. But he is at least as big a fool as the rest of the entitled. In his case, if you follow these things, he arranged a $195,000-a-year salary plus consulting fees for his girlfriend by having her shifted from the bank, which has conflict-of-interest regulations, to the State Department, where she is making more than Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

So it goes. These are the new best and the brightest.

Kurt Vonnegut -- now there was a man contributing more than Edwards, Corzine and Wolfowitz together -- wrote in 1972 that America had a true two-party system. And the two parties, he said, were the Winners and the Losers. That is much more true now than it was back then. The middle is being squeezed out of the great middle-class experiment called America. To be bigger winners, the entitled have to create more losers.

A shame. Edwards, I assume, will begin paying for haircuts out of his own money. But it is probably too late for him. Corzine, who will be inevitably changed by the pain he will have to bravely face, will become the poster boy for seat belts. Perhaps Wolfowitz will get a clue about the pain of losing because of his own arrogance and stupidity.

They're entitled.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/04/edwards_the_arrogance_of_the_e.html

Edwards & the Arrogance of the Entitled
By Richard Reeves

NEW YORK -- Three weeks after I wrote that I thought John Edwards might be going someplace in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, I found out where he was heading: to the barber shop.

The candidate, who has been looking pretty and pretty impressive in defining "Two Americas" -- one for the rich and privileged, a lesser place for everyone else -- came up with a wonderful device to show us all what he meant. His campaign spending reports, required by the Federal Election Commission, revealed that he has been paying $400 for haircuts by a Beverly Hills cutter named Joseph Torrenueva. The guy must be good, because Edwards' hair sure looks good. So does the rest of him, helped along by a $250 shaping at the Designworks Salon in Dubuque, Iowa, and $225 at the Pink Sapphire spa in Manchester, N.H.

Well, the man has great hair. My barber tells me I do, too, and he only charges 20 bucks.

That's $20 of my own money. Edwards, who has a couple of thousand times as much money as I do, pays for his tonsorial needs from campaign funds. He travels the country asking concerned citizens for money so he can get haircuts and body polishing. Where I come from that is called a real sense of entitlement.

Edwards says that he and America are angry about wretched excess, things like corporate chief executive officers giving themselves huge bonuses to buy new yachts and new wives. Well, a lot of people are mad, and they should be. I grieve for Gov. Jon Corzine of New Jersey, who is going to spend months in hospitals and physical rehabilitation because of the injuries he suffered in a tragic accident on the Garden State Parkway last week. He is a nice and effective man, but what the hell was he doing in a state car going 91 mph in the rain?

What gives him the right? The fact that he's rich? It is sad that he was so badly hurt, but the fact is that he was not only endangering his own life, he was a danger to everyone else using the road that night. For what? So he could get to the television cameras in Princeton, to sit in on the meeting between the Rutgers women's basketball team and a dirty old man who called them whores on the radio.

A sense of entitlement is a creeping mold on the American dream. Poor boys can make a lot of money -- Edwards as a trial lawyer, Corzine as an investment banker -- buy a public title and act like a separate breed, members of our own unofficial House of Lords, or American monarchs. Maybe we didn't learn that much in 1776.

Smart boys can do the same thing. Paul Wolfowitz, president of the World Bank after showing his military genius in trying to conquer Iraq, is not a rich man. But he is at least as big a fool as the rest of the entitled. In his case, if you follow these things, he arranged a $195,000-a-year salary plus consulting fees for his girlfriend by having her shifted from the bank, which has conflict-of-interest regulations, to the State Department, where she is making more than Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

So it goes. These are the new best and the brightest.

Kurt Vonnegut -- now there was a man contributing more than Edwards, Corzine and Wolfowitz together -- wrote in 1972 that America had a true two-party system. And the two parties, he said, were the Winners and the Losers. That is much more true now than it was back then. The middle is being squeezed out of the great middle-class experiment called America. To be bigger winners, the entitled have to create more losers.

A shame. Edwards, I assume, will begin paying for haircuts out of his own money. But it is probably too late for him. Corzine, who will be inevitably changed by the pain he will have to bravely face, will become the poster boy for seat belts. Perhaps Wolfowitz will get a clue about the pain of losing because of his own arrogance and stupidity.

They're entitled.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/04/edwards_the_arrogance_of_the_e.html

A sample size of 2 (Mr. & Mrs. Edwards) is insufficient.

Not all liberals are bad

I only talk about the 99% of liberals that give the rest a bad name

Not all liberals are bad

I only talk about the 99% of liberals that give the rest a bad name

Oh I give up. You will never provide any statistical research about Liberals – Only carefully selected examples (case studies). Sheesh. I can play the game too. I can find bad behavior by some bad conservatives and then say that 99% of all conservatives behave similarly. I’m not going to play that game because personally selected and isolated cases studies don’t translate into true statistical research.

Forum List

Back