ECONOMY Economy added 164,000 jobs in July

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
America is doing very well. China, Canada and others, mmmm, not so much.

Economy added 164,000 jobs in July

The economy added 164,000 jobs in July, a decline from June but well above the 100,000 that is required to keep pace with growth in the working population.

The nation's unemployment rate stayed unchanged at 3.7 percent, still the lowest in almost 50 years, according to the latest employment snapshot released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The June figure was revised down from 224,000 to 193,000 positions added, and May was revised down by 10,000 jobs to 62,000.

Wall Street remained largely mute on the data, which comes at the end of a wild week in which markets were rocked by a rate cut and a surprise announcement on tariffs.

Last edited:
When Schumer is cheering Trump on to handle China you know the world is in the Twilight Zone....
The Fed lowered the rate to cushion the trade war, and has room for more cuts if needed. Steve Bannon said that Trump's presidency will be seen like Nixon's when he opened up China for business, and now Trump is saying China you are not an "emerging economy" but a "competitor" and we now need to deal fairly. The "establishment" may see how wrong they were to build China up, especially their "one belt, one road" long range plan for world domination.

Last edited:
Good news, we needed that. Still the lowest monthly average of jobs added since 2010.

Good news, we needed that. Still the lowest monthly average of jobs added since 2010.

There is no Gator post that doesn't contain bitching. Extra points for being passive aggressive.

Completely irrelevant information there at the end. It's not surprising to see less jobs added when we are at such a low rate. Is Gator waiting for a negative unemployment rate?

Good news indeed. Trump is handling the economy very well, people will notice come 2020.

There is no Gator post that doesn't contain bitching. Extra points for being passive aggressive.

Completely irrelevant information there at the end. It's not surprising to see less jobs added when we are at such a low rate. Is Gator waiting for a negative unemployment rate?

Good news indeed. Trump is handling the economy very well, people will notice come 2020.

you always have hated facts and truth...glad to see that has not changed.

Yes, the truth is, you bitch a lot.

Yeah, I suppose I do. Seems better than spending my days kissing the ass of a politician like you do.

But hey, each to their own.

Yeah, I suppose I do. Seems better than spending my days kissing the ass of a politician like you do.

You do realize that this is the behavior that almost all very, very low status males inhibit?Undermine everything because you are just that low on the social totem pole. I can see why they would have a problem with the Alpha Dog.

Please get on the ladder, the amount of bitching is too damn tiring.

You do realize that this is the behavior that almost all very, very low status males inhibit? They undermine everything because you are just that low on the social totem pole. I can see why they would have a problem with the Alpha Dog.

Please get on the ladder, the amount of bitching is too damn tiring.

:itsok:

Poor little norman, projecting again.

I have a very nice view down from my spot on the ladder. Enough money to do pretty much whatever the wife and I want to do and a nest-egg big enough to last us till we are about 110 once we are done working.

Unemployment is @ 3.7%. Quit yer bitchin
Obama brought unemployment down from 10% to high 4's So whats the big fn deal with trump going to 3.7%"
And speaking of economy moron republicans don't realize the pain China can take Short term to them is 100 years Trump better get something done even if it's not all he's asking for ,,,or else he's handing the election to Dems ,,jimho

Unemployment is @ 3.7%. Quit yer bitchin

Who's bitching? just stating the facts, quit your whining.
WORST week of the year at the markets Thanks to the moron who wrote lol lets make a deal
Average American wages UP 3.2% from one year ago....sucks to be an ABNORMAL with a shrinking brain!

America is doing very well. China, Canada and others, mmmm, not so much.

Economy added 164,000 jobs in July

The economy added 164,000 jobs in July, a decline from June but well above the 100,000 that is required to keep pace with growth in the working population.

The nation's unemployment rate stayed unchanged at 3.7 percent, still the lowest in almost 50 years, according to the latest employment snapshot released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The June figure was revised down from 224,000 to 193,000 positions added, and May was revised down by 10,000 jobs to 62,000.

Wall Street remained largely mute on the data, which comes at the end of a wild week in which markets were rocked by a rate cut and a surprise announcement on tariffs.
Well, with the downward adjustments of 39,000 that's still a net gain of 125,000.

Could be worse.

Of course that means last month wasn't so record setting after all, and the previous one even worse than we thought.

Forum List

Back