Economist/MIT study finds reduced subway trains reason for NYC high levels of Wuhan

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Cuomo and Deblasio are utterly useless.

They exasperated the issue by running LESS trains instead of SHUTTING IT DOWN.

People loaded up on the trains and spread the flu like crazy.

And now Cuomo wants UNRESTRICTED FEDERAL AID to bail out his $6.1 billion deficit after 9 years of his GARBAGE LEADERSHIP.

NEW York is such a fucked up place. Holy shit.

ORANGE MAN BAD....I know, I know. Trump made Cuomo make New York $6.1 billion in debt and made the subway trains run less, not stop. Got it.

Interesting, as Toronto is our nations epicentre, though far less impacted than NY, and this was also the approach used here and our numbers are the worst in Canada. The already weak, innovation-less economy was getting crushed hand, now we have hundreds of police and TTC drivers refusing to work even if they have masks.

Last edited:
Liberals, please refer to the Economst and MIT as Trumptards. :auiqs.jpg:

Deblasio rode the subway March 5th. That asshole has so much blood on his hands. Holy Shit.

It makes perfect sense. Less trains means more density. Subways are NOT AIRPLANES WITH LIMITED SEATS.

Cuomo wants UNRESTRICTED FEDERAL AID to bail out New York. He doesn’t want Coronavirus aid.

Cuomo has to be the worst governor after the Michigan governor. He runs up a $6 billion deficit after 9 years and now he wants to use the Wu Flu as an excuse to bail him out.

He doesn’t want Federal money to help with the pandemic. He wants UNRESTRICTED FEDERAL AID to bail him out for bad decisions YEARS before the virus.

Last edited:
And now Cuomo wants UNRESTRICTED FEDERAL AID to bail out his $6.1 billion deficit after 9 years of his GARBAGE LEADERSHIP.

ORANGE MAN BAD....I know, I know. Trump made Cuomo make New York $6.1 billion in debt and made the subway trains run less, not stop. Got it.
ColonelAngus, do you live near and work in Manhattan? Do you have any first-hand knowledge regarding what’s happening within NY City during these times?

In these times, if the NY City Transit Department was or is running less subway trains, I suppose it’s in response to: (A) less demand for the service. (B) And/or less personal showing up for work. (C) And/or management is calling minimum numbers of employees into work.

It requires the same number of people to operate a single car or a multi car train within the system. If they’re operating less trains per hour, I would hope and expect them to be running sufficient numbers of cars per trains in order to enable safe spacing between passengers.

Agnus, you’ve cited an article from the NY Post. The NY Post today is not the same newspaper that was owned by Dorothy Schiff and regularly feature Herblock’s political cartoons. The NY Post had become the epitome of “fake news” before the term was ever commonly used. Today’s NY Post’s only a gossip rag.

Respectfully, Supposn

ColonelAngus, do you live near and work in Manhattan? Do you have any first-hand knowledge regarding what’s happening within NY City during these times?

In these times, if the NY City Transit Department was or is running less subway trains, I suppose it’s in response to: (A) less demand for the service. (B) And/or less personal showing up for work. (C) And/or management is calling minimum numbers of employees into work.

It requires the same number of people to operate a single car or a multi car train within the system. If they’re operating less trains per hour, I would hope and expect them to be running sufficient numbers of cars per trains in order to enable safe spacing between passengers.

Agnus, you’ve cited an article from the NY Post. The NY Post today is not the same newspaper that was owned by Dorothy Schiff and regularly feature Herblock’s political cartoons. The NY Post had become the epitome of “fake news” before the term was ever commonly used. Today’s NY Post’s only a gossip rag.

Respectfully, Supposn

Those lying assholes at MIT. You should fire off a vicious email to those who did the study.

reminds of the genius way of limiting airports for entry and then packing people into immigration lines. lol

ColonelAngus, despite president Trump’s opinions and with less than great dependence upon advice from his political appointees, many USA state governors and other local government administrators have ceased waiting for federal guidelines or pro-active efforts to deal with what they consider to be our coronavirus pandemic. Regardless of opinions and efforts of many on the more right of USA’s political spectrum, all of our governments still have some legal authority and some general credible influence within our nation.

I suppose public transportation may be of some critical importance within NY state and I believe it’s necessary for NY City. Shutting down the city’s subways and busses for a more than a month, is analogous to denying gasoline to other state’s populations for the same duration. Its not a feasible option.
During this emergency, If NY City Transit Authority is operating less trains per hour, I would hope and expect they’re running sufficient numbers of cars per trains to enable safe spacing between passengers.
Despite the opinions and efforts of Republicans and others on the right of USA’s political spectrum, our governments still have some legal authority and some general credible influence within our nation.

Excerpted from No. 202.1: Continuing Temporary Suspension and Modification of Laws Relating to the Disaster Emergency ; “NOW, THEREFORE, I, Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor of the State of New York, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of New York, do hereby continue Executive Order 202, dated March 7, 2020, and I hereby continue any suspension or modification of law made by Executive Order 202 for thirty days until April 11, 2020, except that such Executive Order is amended to read as follows: …".

Respectfully, Supposn

Regarding some of NY state’s and NY City’s Coronavirus regulations and advisories, refer to:

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/novel-coronavirus-faq-for-businesses.pdf

A "paper" is a edu-blab term for an op-ed. University types fight to be first to publish"papers" based on their status as professors rather than scientific evidence. A freaking high school kid could say that subways might be the source of the spread of the virus but so could elevators.

Nowhere in that link does it say anything about reduced availability of trains occurring

Subways and buses may have contributed to the spread? No kidding. I wonder how the rest of the state and New Jersey ended up with so many cases..

$6 billion is NOTHING they are going to come at us for 5-10 times that much. Trust me it will be packed full of PORK and Dem public employee union pension bailouts.

the subway could not be stopped completely, silly one! All the essential workers, need a way to get to their jobs at hospitals, and fire houses, and police stations and grocery stores and pharmacies etc.... and the subway couldn't be cut, until they went on stay at home orders because everyone had to get to work....5 million a day pass thru the subway system when jobs are up and running....

that being said, the MIT study has some merit.... it makes sense that subways would be prime real estate for the virus to spread....especially the normal overcrowded conditions, the metal poles ya hang on to, or pass through once you pay with your tokens....

I think if I were an essential worker having to go to work, not only would I wear an n95 mask on the subway, but I would have my can of Clorox wipes to hold on to the poll, and a bottle of sanitizer in my purse! :eek-52:

It also is another reason of why minorities are being affected more by the disease....because they have no choice but to ride the subway to work, and a lot are essential workers so they are still riding the subway to get to work.

other crowded venues had to have spread it as well....

the subway could not be stopped completely, silly one! All the essential workers, need a way to get to their jobs at hospitals, and fire houses, and police stations and grocery stores and pharmacies etc.... and the subway couldn't be cut, until they went on stay at home orders because everyone had to get to work....5 million a day pass thru the subway system when jobs are up and running....

that being said, the MIT study has some merit.... it makes sense that subways would be prime real estate for the virus to spread....especially the normal overcrowded conditions, the metal poles ya hang on to, or pass through once you pay with your tokens....

I think if I were an essential worker having to go to work, not only would I wear an n95 mask on the subway, but I would have my can of Clorox wipes to hold on to the poll, and a bottle of sanitizer in my purse! :eek-52:

It also is another reason of why minorities are being affected more by the disease....because they have no choice but to ride the subway to work, and a lot are essential workers so they are still riding the subway to get to work.

Again, this is what MIT claimed. I am referring to the study.

Again, this is what MIT claimed. I am referring to the study.
That’s a lie. No where I’m that opinion piece did it mention reduced number of trains

Forum List

Back