Economist/MIT study finds reduced subway trains reason for NYC high levels of Wuhan

A "paper" is a edu-blab term for an op-ed. University types fight to be first to publish"papers" based on their status as professors rather than scientific evidence. A freaking high school kid could say that subways might be the source of the spread of the virus but so could elevators.

True, economists are not medical experts.
But it seems logical that either the subways should have been shut down completely, or greatly increased for better social distancing.

But to shut them down, you would have had to house hospital staff.
Something drastic would have had to have been done, like taking over schools for essential housing and things like that.

Cuomo and Deblasio are utterly useless.

They exasperated the issue by running LESS trains instead of SHUTTING IT DOWN.

People loaded up on the trains and spread the flu like crazy.

And now Cuomo wants UNRESTRICTED FEDERAL AID to bail out his $6.1 billion deficit after 9 years of his GARBAGE LEADERSHIP.

NEW York is such a fucked up place. Holy shit.

ORANGE MAN BAD....I know, I know. Trump made Cuomo make New York $6.1 billion in debt and made the subway trains run less, not stop. Got it.

You have zero clue what the fuck you are even talking about. You keep posting one falsehood after another and then topping it off with calling others fucked up.

Go look in the mirror and get your cool-aid chugging self not-fucked-up first, mmmk?

You suck off your mom every morning before you get coffee. You blow your dad every night before bed.

Damn man, you are definetly not right in the head.

You are useless.

A "paper" is a edu-blab term for an op-ed. University types fight to be first to publish"papers" based on their status as professors rather than scientific evidence. A freaking high school kid could say that subways might be the source of the spread of the virus but so could elevators.

True, economists are not medical experts.
But it seems logical that either the subways should have been shut down completely, or greatly increased for better social distancing.

But to shut them down, you would have had to house hospital staff.
Something drastic would have had to have been done, like taking over schools for essential housing and things like that.

The hospital staff could live at their own homes, and drive in to work every day, just like everyone else in America

So, it’s OK for the rest of the country to be inconvenienced, but not New Yorkers.

You think New Yorkers are not inconvenienced? What planet do you live on?
Huh? Ridership is down and they cut he number of trains to account for that. Newsflash...the subways are NOT crowded now.. Oh and the thread title is STILL a lie. The linked article doesn't mention reduced subway schedules as a cause of spread . Logic is not your friend
The hospital staff could live at their own homes, and drive in to work every day, just like everyone else in America
You apparently know nothing about NY. People in NY don't OWN cars...

Friggin dopes

Friggin dopes

My cousin lives in New York City and owns a car, I saw her drive it to my uncle's funeral.

Those in NY that don't own cars? Well they can buy one- reinvigorate the economy and help get people back to work.

My cousin lives in New York City and owns a car, I saw her drive it to my uncle's funeral.

Wow...one person out of what...10 million? She's gonna have to make a lot of trips huh? Shut up...
Those in NY that don't own cars? Well they can buy one- reinvigorate the economy and help get people back to work.
So you just say stupid troll shit because...?

So, it’s OK for the rest of the country to be inconvenienced, but not New Yorkers.

You think New Yorkers are not inconvenienced? What planet do you live on?
Huh? Ridership is down and they cut he number of trains to account for that. Newsflash...the subways are NOT crowded now.. Oh and the thread title is STILL a lie. The linked article doesn't mention reduced subway schedules as a cause of spread . Logic is not your friend

Friggin dopes

Why are the streets so crowded with cars all the time?

All those cars are from outside NY?
All of em? No. Most of em...yea

I used to live 7 miles from Manhattan. On a good day it took 45 minutes just to get TO the Lincoln Tunnel

That's a lot of cars

Why are the streets so crowded with cars all the time?
Again...you know nothing about NY

Commuters genius...and cabs...and delivery trucks

There are any number of car dealers right in Manhattan New York. They wouldn't be in business if there weren't lots of customers. After all, the price of real estate is high, have to have a lot of sales to make your nut

7 miles from Manhattan and you had a car? You just said people in NY don't have cars.
Geography is not your strong suit

7 miles to the Lincoln tunnel puts me in JERSEY you friggin moron

I was one of those....wait for it....COMMUTERS

7 miles from Manhattan and you had a car? You just said people in NY don't have cars.
Geography is not your strong suit

7 miles to the Lincoln tunnel puts me in JERSEY you friggin moron

I was one of those....wait for it....COMMUTERS
Did you say you lived in Jersey, you fucking idiot?

Is there nobody living in NY who is 7 miles from Manhattan?

please tell us again about nobody in the state of NY having a car. :abgg2q.jpg:

Not a single “journalist “ has asked Cuomo about his failure to close the subways during his daily Campaign Presser.
Nostra, I suppose no journalist present at the press conference you’re referring to was so ignorant of how NY city works. Closing NY City’s subway system a month isn’t a reasonable option. The historical NYC subway strike with no medical emergency was a NYC disaster. Respectfully, Supposn

There are any number of car dealers right in Manhattan New York. They wouldn't be in business if there weren't lots of customers. After all, the price of real estate is high, have to have a lot of sales to make your nut
DO SOME people who live in NYC have cars?

Sure. They also pay $500/month and up for a parking space.

How many nurses,cops,teachers,firemen,delivery guys,garbagemen, laborers baristas,hotel workers,bodega owners and workers, cashiers,bank tellers etc. have that kind of cash?

You ignorant troll

Go be stupid somewhere else

Not a single “journalist “ has asked Cuomo about his failure to close the subways during his daily Campaign Presser.
Nostra, I suppose no journalist present at the press conference you’re referring to was so ignorant of how NY city works. Closing NY City’s subway system a month isn’t a reasonable option. The historical NYC subway strike with no medical emergency was a NYC disaster. Respectfully, Supposn
Why in God's name would you be respectful with these trolls

Did you say you lived in Jersey, you fucking idiot?

Is there nobody living in NY who is 7 miles from Manhattan?

please tell us again about nobody in the state of NY having a car.
this turd is too stupid to understand just how stupid he is

Forum List

Back