earthquakes …. have you ever experinced one?

Most people have experienced them ... the big question is, have you ever caused one?

george-lucas-lex-luthor.jpg

I have, and it unnerved me.

I have been through massive thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards. But, in my reality, the ground does not move.

Nothing more unnerving than a eathquake. I have a very minor one. Which, in some ways, is even worse than a true paint mixer because you're not really sure it happened until you get some report saying there was one. At first, you think you've lost your balance so you're scared about your physical state. Then you're strangely relieved that it was an earthquake.

Nothing more unnerving than a eathquake. I have a very minor one. Which, in some ways, is even worse than a true paint mixer because you're not really sure it happened until you get some report saying there was one. At first, you think you've lost your balance so you're scared about your physical state. Then you're strangely relieved that it was an earthquake.
here in the southwest of germany earthquakes happen now and then

yes ….. i had the same experience

I’ve lived all over California.. so hundreds, there best when your in a field and the waves are rolling kinda like ocean waves .. 😦

i have …. several of them ….

Yes, a few of them. Born and lived in L.A. for 35 years. We had a big one that collapsed freeway overpasses and split the ceiling full length with a loud crack. I thought the old plaster ceiling was coming down on me. You are frozen in bed, at least I was, waiting for the shaking to stop or the house to collapse.

polar bear 1.32.gif

Once when I was in SoCal I arrived at a restaurant to find things in disarray and many patrons having cases of the vapors. It turns out there was an earthquake but it was absorbed by the suspension of my car and I wasn't even aware of it. Dang.

Had a tremor here in Wisconsin back in the '70's. Woke my wife up but I slept through it.

Yeah....
Felt like I was dancing without trying. Then seeing the trees sway so hard I figured out what was happening. A teacher started running and yelling down the hallway for people to get under a desk. And I thought that this was the most ridiculous thing because our desk tops were the old kind; the size of a sheet of notebook paper. I knew nobody would ever fit as the chair seats were bigger than the desk tops.

I ran outside of the old WPA project building...the whole thing shaking like that gave me no confidence in its standing much longer....they did demolish it a few years later.

Forum List

Back