Eagles, QB Jalen Hurts agree to 5-year contract extension reportedly worth $255M

Every NFL analyst and objective fan.

Mahomes is just objectively better.

He has more yards, more TDs, fewer ints, a better completion percentage, more wins, PO success etc etc. And it's not close.

Mahomes has 6k more yds, 60 more TD's. 11 fewer picks, 5% higher completion percentage.

64-16 vs 52-25

They have played the same number of years but Mahomes has an entire years worth of yards, TD's and wins over Allen.

That's the regular season. We don't want to delve into the PO's because it only gets worse for Allen. Mahomes has more wins than Allen has played games....
In the beginning of the year Josh Allen was the overwhelming mvp. Guess what? He got hurt. Next year all these “analysts” will get back on the Josh Allen hype train

In the beginning of the year Josh Allen was the overwhelming mvp. Guess what? He got hurt. Next year all these “analysts” will get back on the Josh Allen hype train

Who gives a shit what someone thought he might be at the beginning of the year? No one cares where you start only where you finish. Has Allen ever finished ahead of Mahomes in any passing statistic? NO. You want to believe that Allen is better than Mahomes because it gives you some solace and hope. That doesn't equal objective analysis of what the 2 players actually are. The reality is Allen is barely in the top 5, and could be overtaken by some ascending QB's who are right behind him. If Herbert, Lawrence, Tua do well this year and go deep in the PO's while Buffalo makes another 1st round exit.....

J. Hurts - $51 million a year
A Rodgers - $50 million a year
R. Wilson - $49 million a year
D,. Watson -$46 million a year
P. Mahomes - $45 million a year

Hurts got $110 million guaranteed. This was a win for the Ravens, not Jackson.

Who gives a shit what someone thought he might be at the beginning of the year? No one cares where you start only where you finish. Has Allen ever finished ahead of Mahomes in any passing statistic? NO. You want to believe that Allen is better than Mahomes because it gives you some solace and hope. That doesn't equal objective analysis of what the 2 players actually are. The reality is Allen is barely in the top 5, and could be overtaken by some ascending QB's who are right behind him. If Herbert, Lawrence, Tua do well this year and go deep in the PO's while Buffalo makes another 1st round exit.....
If you give the season context of course it matters the narrative changed. Josh Allen was the MVP in the beginning of the year, then he got hurt and was no longer in the mvp race. I think that was more than a coincidence. Do you think that’s possible?

Again If Josh Allen didn’t have to play in the snow, I believe buffalo wins the Super Bowl.

This is where the conversation is subjective. You want to talk stats, to which I would say you have a good argument, but sometimes there’s more to a season then just analysis of stats.

If you give the season context of course it matters the narrative changed. Josh Allen was the MVP in the beginning of the year, then he got hurt and was no longer in the mvp race. I think that was more than a coincidence. Do you think that’s possible?

Again If Josh Allen didn’t have to play in the snow, I believe buffalo wins the Super Bowl.

This is where the conversation is subjective. You want to talk stats, to which I would say you have a good argument, but sometimes there’s more to a season then just analysis of stats.

You're delusional. If's and buts are for losers. Bottom line. Bills played in the snow and lost by 3 scores. If you think the sunshine fixes that God bless you. They didnt and lost. Both teams had to play in the same weather. Allen has lived in Buffalo for 5 years now, and 3 years in Wyoming. He's only 26. He's lived a 3rd of his life in a cold climate, and played all his significant high level football in that weather. If he hasnt figured it out yet......

You're delusional. If's and buts are for losers. Bottom line. Bills played in the snow and lost by 3 scores. If you think the sunshine fixes that God bless you. They didnt and lost. Both teams had to play in the same weather. Allen has lived in Buffalo for 5 years now, and 3 years in Wyoming. He's only 26. He's lived a 3rd of his life in a cold climate, and played all his significant high level football in that weather. If he hasnt figured it out yet......
The snow makes it more of a crapshoot. I give credit to the bengals that they did a better job of playing against the elements, while believing that had there been no snow it would have been a different game.

The snow makes it more of a crapshoot. I give credit to the bengals that they did a better job of playing against the elements, while believing that had there been no snow it would have been a different game.
Whatever. Have fun in your little fantasy world.

J. Hurts - $51 million a year
A Rodgers - $50 million a year
R. Wilson - $49 million a year
D,. Watson -$46 million a year
P. Mahomes - $45 million a year

Hurts got $110 million guaranteed. This was a win for the Ravens, not Jackson.

This thread isnt about Jackson.

Jalen Hurts showed he was worth it. Glad he is getting paid.
There is more to QB than a QB sneak-rugby-scrum with a RB pushing in your back. Likely to be made illegal? If I was in charge that play is out immediately.
Behind the biggest baddest O-line in the game.

Congrats to the Eagles to master the scrum play the Dallas could not figure out with Prescott (another big QB) or even Buffalo with Allen.

These QB would be mostly nothing w/o a great offensive line. So they get $50mil and the guys up front get $2mil? NE OL kept Brady in all those seasons.
Sure the QB has to be a leader etc. But is he really 25X better than those on Defense getting the ball back for him? Or the OL that gives him time to stand there and throw?

The pay levels burns my rear end.

These QB would be mostly nothing w/o a great offensive line. So they get $50mil and the guys up front get $2mil? NE OL kept Brady in all those seasons.
Sure the QB has to be a leader etc. But is he really 25X better than those on Defense getting the ball back for him? Or the OL that gives him time to stand there and throw?

The pay levels burns my rear end.
Can you name the last SB winner who didnt have a really good QB? The QB touches the ball on every Offensive play. Have a good OL is important, but it doesnt matter how good you OL is if your QB sucks.

No one cares. He wasn’t better than Mahomes
last year or any year prior to that either. what was the excuse all those years? I have no doubt you have one at the ready.

He won’t be better than Mahomes this year or the next. Do you think the Chiefs are getting worse next year after they upgrade their WRs and that young secondary has another year under its belt?

No one cares. He wasn’t better than Mahomes
last year or any year prior to that either. what was the excuse all those years? I have no doubt you have one at the ready.

He won’t be better than Mahomes this year or the next. Do you think the Chiefs are getting worse next year after they upgrade their WRs and that young secondary has another year under its belt?
Well he was a beast before the injury, so I have no reason to think he won’t be a beast after he heals up.

Forum List

Back