Eagles, QB Jalen Hurts agree to 5-year contract extension reportedly worth $255M

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This guy should have been MVP of the Super Bowl. He is now the highest paid player, allegedly.

Quarterback Jalen Hurts is going to be under center for the Philadelphia Eagles for a long time.

According to multiple sources and confirmed by Yahoo Sports' Jori Epstein, Hurts and the Eagles have agreed to a five-year, $255 million contract that will keep him in Philadelphia through the 2028 season. The contract also includes over $179 million in guarantees, and will make Hurts the highest-paid player in NFL history. The Eagles announced the extension, but did not reveal any other details about the contract.

Hopefully. One year of excellence. In the two years he has started...injured twice. Any decline in play and it will affect the team.

Personally I think that’s way too much. The eagles had a soft schedule last year. I don’t think this guy is as good as the elite QBs in the league, and he now gets more money than all of them.

This guy should have been MVP of the Super Bowl. He is now the highest paid player, allegedly.

Quarterback Jalen Hurts is going to be under center for the Philadelphia Eagles for a long time.

According to multiple sources and confirmed by Yahoo Sports' Jori Epstein, Hurts and the Eagles have agreed to a five-year, $255 million contract that will keep him in Philadelphia through the 2028 season. The contract also includes over $179 million in guarantees, and will make Hurts the highest-paid player in NFL history. The Eagles announced the extension, but did not reveal any other details about the contract.

? MVP of the SB in a loss? No. He played great but he didnt play MVP in a loss great. That's a different level.

Personally I think that’s way too much. The eagles had a soft schedule last year. I don’t think this guy is as good as the elite QBs in the league, and he now gets more money than all of them.
Joe Burrow is excited by this contract. His price just went up.

By the start of the year Pat Mahomes will be the 7th and possibly 8th highest paid QB in the league..... He's locked up for the next 8 years... The Chiefs are on a verge of a dynasty that might rival NE's.

Jalen Hurts showed he was worth it. Glad he is getting paid.
Dude, Jalen is a very good QB. Not sure he rates to be the highest paid dude in the NFL. I get why the Eagles did it, his price tag likely only goes up, but they had a really easy schedule this past year and I'd have wanted to see it again against a tough sched before I committed that kind of cash with a no trade clause as well.

I just looked at the Eagles schedule next year.

Buffalo
Miami
Jets
San Fran
KC
Seattle

That's brutal.

Joe Burrow is excited by this contract. His price just went up.

By the start of the year Pat Mahomes will be the 7th and possibly 8th highest paid QB in the league..... He's locked up for the next 8 years... The Chiefs are on a verge of a dynasty that might rival NE's.
I don’t know the parody in the league is at an all time high. Replicating NE’s success won’t be easy.

I don’t know the parody in the league is at an all time high. Replicating NE’s success won’t be easy.
I assume you mean parity. I don’t think it’s any greater now than while NE was at its peak. KC has the best QB in the league who signed a long term franchise friendly contract. They had the most rookie starters in the league last year and won the SB. They had no #1 WR last year and won the SB. They started a rookie 7th rd RB and won the SB. They have the most draft picks this year. They are in a great position a better position than anyone else.

I assume you mean parity. I don’t think it’s any greater now than while NE was at its peak. KC has the best QB in the league who signed a long term franchise friendly contract. They had the most rookie starters in the league last year and won the SB. They had no #1 WR last year and won the SB. They started a rookie 7th rd RB and won the SB. They have the most draft picks this year. They are in a great position a better position than anyone else.
Yes, parity. I think Josh Allen is better than Mahomes. I also think Herbert is also in the conversation. So yeah, I don’t think the chiefs will be a dynasty.

The bills beat the chiefs in the regular season this year. And there’s no doubt in my mind buffalo lost because Josh Allen had a hurt elbow and had to play in the snow against the bengals. Before the elbow everyone was calling Josh Allen the MVP.

Last edited:
Yes, parity. I think Josh Allen is better than Mahomes. I also think Herbert is also in the conversation. So yeah, I don’t think the chiefs will be a dynasty
What evidence other than your homerism do you have that Allen is even as good let alone better than Mahomes?

Is it all the league MVPs Allen has? The SB wins? The SB MVPs? The years he’s lead the league in passing? Is it all those PO wins he has over Mahomes?

Herbert hasn’t even won a fucking playoff game. Give me a break.

Mahomes
Burrow
Hurts
Allen (at best)

What evidence other than your homerism do you have that Allen is even as good let alone better than Mahomes?

Is it all the league MVPs Allen has? The SB wins? The SB MVPs? The years he’s lead the league in passing? Is it all those PO wins he has over Mahomes?

Herbert hasn’t even won a fucking playoff game. Give me a break.

Mahomes
Burrow
Hurts
Allen (at best)
2 out last 3 times buffalo beat the chiefs, and the one game the chiefs one was a miracle comeback by the chiefs with 13 seconds left.

Allen has a stronger arm, right? He’s also bigger, faster, and stronger than Mahomes.

Bills probably win the Super Bowl this year if they didn’t have to play the bengals in the snow.

2 out last 3 times buffalo beat the chiefs, and the one game the chiefs one was a miracle comeback by the chiefs with 13 seconds left.
Any PO wins? No? That’s what I thought.
Allen has a stronger arm, right? He’s also bigger, faster, and stronger than Mahomes.
And yet he doesn’t throw for more yds, TDs or a higher percentage. All the while having a better WR corps.
Bills probably win the Super Bowl this year if they didn’t have to play the bengals in the snow.

The BILLS cant win in the snow. LMAO……. The Bills weren’t beating the Bengals in the snow or the sunshine They lost by 3 scores.

The Bills might not win their division this year.

Post a link to any source who has Allen ahead of Mahomes. I can’t find one who ranks him any higher than 3.

Any PO wins? No? That’s what I thought.

And yet he doesn’t throw for more yds, TDs or a higher percentage. All the while having a better WR corps.

The BILLS cant win in the snow. LMAO……. The Bills weren’t beating the Bengals in the snow or the sunshine They lost by 3 scores.

The Bills might not win their division this year.
Josh Allen is from California. The bills messed up by not getting a dome on the new stadium.

I realize that my opinion isn’t shared by most of the talking heads that follow the sport, that doesn’t make it less valid.

Yeah I’m taking Allen over Mahomes

Josh Allen is from California. The bills messed up by not getting a dome on the new stadium.

I realize that my opinion isn’t shared by most of the talking heads that follow the sport, that doesn’t make it less valid.

Yeah I’m taking Allen over Mahomes
Which is why you aren’t a GM. It isn’t just that everyone has Mahomes ahead of Allen. Allen’s not 2 or even 3 on most lists.

The Bills GM would trade Allen for Mahomes in a nanosecond. They’d probably give up a 1st rounder to go along with it.

Which is why you aren’t a GM. It isn’t just that everyone has Mahomes ahead of Allen. Allen’s not 2 or even 3 on most lists.

The Bills GM would trade Allen for Mahomes in a nanosecond. They’d probably give up a 1st rounder to go along with it.
Are you a GM? Who is everyone?

Are you a GM? Who is everyone?
Every NFL analyst and objective fan.

Mahomes is just objectively better.

He has more yards, more TDs, fewer ints, a better completion percentage, more wins, PO success etc etc. And it's not close.

Mahomes has 6k more yds, 60 more TD's. 11 fewer picks, 5% higher completion percentage.

64-16 vs 52-25

They have played the same number of years but Mahomes has an entire years worth of yards, TD's and wins over Allen.

That's the regular season. We don't want to delve into the PO's because it only gets worse for Allen. Mahomes has more wins than Allen has played games....

Forum List

Back