E. Jean Carroll asks judge to amend lawsuit to seek further damages for what Trump said at CNN town hall

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
E. Jean Carroll has asked a judge to amend her initial defamation case against former President Donald Trump to seek additional punitive damages after he repeated his statements at a CNN town hall.

The request was made in a letter to the judge seeking clarity on the initial lawsuit following the jury verdict earlier this month finding Trump sexually abused Carroll and awarding her $5 million.

Carroll’s attorneys said Trump’s defamatory statements repeated during the town hall earlier this month go directly to the issue of punitive damages, which are intended to punish the person found liable.

Carroll’s initial lawsuit was held up on appeal and relates to statements Trump made in 2019 while he was president. The trial involved a statement Trump made in 2022.

E. Jean Carroll has asked a judge to amend her initial defamation case against former President Donald Trump to seek additional punitive damages after he repeated his statements at a CNN town hall.

The request was made in a letter to the judge seeking clarity on the initial lawsuit following the jury verdict earlier this month finding Trump sexually abused Carroll and awarding her $5 million.

Carroll’s attorneys said Trump’s defamatory statements repeated during the town hall earlier this month go directly to the issue of punitive damages, which are intended to punish the person found liable.

Carroll’s initial lawsuit was held up on appeal and relates to statements Trump made in 2019 while he was president. The trial involved a statement Trump made in 2022.

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 now Trump is suing the Washington Post for a billion.

I doubt if that will fly, unless trump appeals to change settlement. Then I suppose it could go either way, but I figure that would be a different judge.

So the lunatic that says rape is super sexy wants more money?
The one who said she wasn't a rape victim?

The one who paints the trees & rocks on her property?
The one who may be molesting her dogs?

The one who sexually harrassed Roger Ailes?
The one who stole her whole story from a Law & Order episode?

He con-tinued to defame her....basically spitting on the judge and jury and their finding.
The date and the ruling were the date and the ruling. The jury has gone home. That one is over, unless Trump appeals. She is free to file a new one.

Shame on you.

I don't see why not. The charge was defamation. If he continues defaming her, it ups the ante.
You really think he is going to bring the jury back to consider another defamation? I don't.

You really think he is going to bring the jury back to consider another defamation? I don't.
Could do...

It would be a simple case... The Jury has all the details... All they have to do is watch the video of the statement and ask how much more...

Personally the first amount must not have been big enough to alter his behaviour... See will ten times that much with a court order chamge his whistle...

None of that is going to help the orange sexual predator, sorry.

Forum List

Back