DUI teen doing 70 mph in a 40 zone kills 4 - GETS PROBATION

The big reason judges usually give out light sentences for highway homicide is because the auto industry pays them to. The industry wants people to continue to drive crazy and cause crashes. Car crashes mean car sales.

The incredible highway carnage in america (100 killed EVERY DAY) will continue as long as we keep coddling highway killers. This monster deserved life wo parole.

11 December 2013

A judge has let off a 16-year-old boy who killed four people while driving drunk after the teen's lawyers claimed his rich parents spoiled him and never taught him about consequences.

Ethan Couch of Keller, Texas, had faced 20 years behind bars but walked away with 10 years of probation Tuesday, something that angered his victims' families.

Couch's blood alcohol reading was .24 and he also had a Valium in his system after he and a group of friends stole alcohol from Walmart, drank it and later piled into his pick-up truck. Driving 70 miles in a 40 miles per hour zone, he struck and killed four pedestrians as well as injuring two of his own passengers who remain paralyzed.

I understand your frustration with the situation, but did you ever stop to think that this kid probably has some issues, substance abuse most likely being one of them? It's unfortunate that this had to happen, but people like this need to get help and learn how to monitor their own behavior. They don't need to be thrown into the prison industrial complex where they'll receive little to no rehabilitation, just so you don't have to worry about them or what they may do next. That's exactly the type of lazy ass ignorant mentality that so many people in this country seem to hold. Treat the problem later by locking people up and throwing away the key, instead of attempting to prevent the problem from happening in the first place.

The incredible highway carnage in america (100 killed EVERY DAY) will continue as long as we keep coddling highway killers. This monster deserved life wo parole.

11 December 2013

A judge has let off a 16-year-old boy who killed four people while driving drunk after the teen's lawyers claimed his rich parents spoiled him and never taught him about consequences.

Ethan Couch of Keller, Texas, had faced 20 years behind bars but walked away with 10 years of probation Tuesday, something that angered his victims' families.

Couch's blood alcohol reading was .24 and he also had a Valium in his system after he and a group of friends stole alcohol from Walmart, drank it and later piled into his pick-up truck. Driving 70 miles in a 40 miles per hour zone, he struck and killed four pedestrians as well as injuring two of his own passengers who remain paralyzed.

I understand your frustration with the situation, but did you ever stop to think that this kid probably has some issues, substance abuse most likely being one of them? It's unfortunate that this had to happen, but people like this need to get help and learn how to monitor their own behavior. They don't need to be thrown into the prison industrial complex where they'll receive little to no rehabilitation, just so you don't have to worry about them or what they may do next. That's exactly the type of lazy ass ignorant mentality that so many people in this country seem to hold. Treat the problem later by locking people up and throwing away the key, instead of attempting to prevent the problem from happening in the first place.
Rehabilitation? What about the 4 innocent pedestrians that were killed? Do they get a chance at rehabilitation? What about their family members? What kind of justice did they get?

So now we have a new approach here. Let's just forget about providing justice to the 4 victims and their family members, it is far more important that we concern ourselves with rehabilitating the criminal.

Rehabilitation? What about the 4 innocent pedestrians that were killed? Do they get a chance at rehabilitation? What about their family members? What kind of justice did they get?

So now we have a new approach here. Let's just forget about providing justice to the 4 victims and their family members, it is far more important that we concern ourselves with rehabilitating the criminal.

And tell me how imprisoning someone for the rest of their life brings any justice to the victims? Does it bring them back from the dead? I don't think so. So your argument is redundant. I'm not saying he should have walked away scott-free. I'm just saying that examining and treating the underlying factors of atrocities such as this is a lot more efficient as far as prevention goes than just throwing someone in a hole and forgetting about them. Though your argument leads me to believe that you're not at all concerned with preventing these instances, you just want people to suffer if they've caused suffering to someone else. Ever hear the saying an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

Narrow-minded opinions and an overall unwillingness to do anything the hard way is exactly why we have the largest prison population in the history of mankind.

And tell me how imprisoning someone for the rest of their life brings any justice to the victims? Does it bring them back from the dead? I don't think so. So your argument is redundant. I'm not saying he should have walked away scott-free. I'm just saying that examining and treating the underlying factors of atrocities such as this is a lot more efficient as far as prevention goes than just throwing someone in a hole and forgetting about them. Though your argument leads me to believe that you're not at all concerned with preventing these instances, you just want people to suffer if they've caused suffering to someone else. Ever hear the saying an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?
I have no sympathy at all for the criminal, I am far more concerned about the well being of the victims family members. These folks are no doubt going through a lot of pain, and the obvious way to ease some of that pain is to provide some form of justice. That is why we have a justice system, it is meant to punish criminals. In this case, our justice system did not work.

[

Fork rehab. I want this psycho locked up forever as an example to others. Speeding and drunk driving will never end if people think there is no penalty for it, even when they kills others. think

Narrow-minded opinions and an overall unwillingness to do anything the hard way is exactly why we have the largest prison population in the history of mankind.

HAHAHA. Hey stupid. This guy killed 4 people and he is what prisons are for. Stop locking up all the potheads if you want to coddle anyone, but not this deadly psychopath.

This situation flies in the face of any sense of propriety. The following should not have had much weight at all.

"Emotional age of 12

Earlier Tuesday, a psychologist testified that the teen essentially raised himself.

His parents had a volatile and co-dependent relationship, and had a contentious divorce, said Gary Miller, who began evaluating the teen on the day he was released from a hospital after the wreck.

The parents argued often, which the teen witnessed, Miller said.

The teen’s father “does not have relationships, he takes hostages,” Miller said. Miller described the mother as a desperate woman who used her son as a tool to get her husband to act the way she wanted.

The mother gave the teen things, Miller said. “Her mantra was that if it feels good, do it,” Miller said.

The teen’s intellectual age was 18, but his emotional age was 12, Miller told Boyd."

Teen sentenced to 10 years probation, rehab in 4 deaths | Crime and Safety | News from F...

11 December 2013

Except that you completely misunderstand the justice system in general. Punishment is NOT for the criminal – it is obvious that the punishment is not effective as they committed the crime in the first place. It is for everyone else – they are the examples that show the rest of society willing to follow laws what happens if we fail to do so. By allowing this teen a pass what we have done is essentially state that it is just fine to go out and drive while plastered and put others’ lives in danger.

People jaywalk all the time because there is virtually no punishment for doing so (as there should not be). Same for a thousand other laws that are not enforced. Assault on the other hand is far rarer because everyone knows that if you smack that asshole in the face (even though he might deserve it) you might go to jail. You don’t actually need to go to jail to know that others have.

This is why we put criminals in jail – it takes them off the streets and ensures that most people will not do the same thing. It is not and never has been about ‘rehabilitation.’ There is NOTHING that you or the government can do in order to rehabilitate criminals. They are either going to do this on their own or not.

Ethan Couch crash: Drink driving teen who killed four is spared jail 'because he's rich' | Mail Online

11 December 2013

So since he was never taught that bad actions = punishment, they give him probation for drunk driving and killing four fucking people.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

It doesn’t and I hope that the prosecution challenges this judge’s decision (as they are allowed to do) and the judge is removed from their position for this lunacy. NO ONE should EVER be able to use the excuse that they are too damn rich so their parents didn’t pay attention to them to get out of a crime. The reality is there are a thousand poor children prosecuted that are in the same fucking position but are in jail now.

Far too often we act like people have perfect lives. That is inane – most people have rough childhoods for one reason or another and this particular person certainly did not have things that bad. He made a decision that ended the lives of multiple people and impacted many more for the rest of their lives. I don’t care what his boo hoo story is, he should pay for that decision.

Except that you completely misunderstand the justice system in general. Punishment is NOT for the criminal – it is obvious that the punishment is not effective as they committed the crime in the first place. It is for everyone else – they are the examples that show the rest of society willing to follow laws what happens if we fail to do so. By allowing this teen a pass what we have done is essentially state that it is just fine to go out and drive while plastered and put others’ lives in danger.

People jaywalk all the time because there is virtually no punishment for doing so (as there should not be). Same for a thousand other laws that are not enforced. Assault on the other hand is far rarer because everyone knows that if you smack that asshole in the face (even though he might deserve it) you might go to jail. You don’t actually need to go to jail to know that others have.

This is why we put criminals in jail – it takes them off the streets and ensures that most people will not do the same thing. It is not and never has been about ‘rehabilitation.’ There is NOTHING that you or the government can do in order to rehabilitate criminals. They are either going to do this on their own or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you have no idea what you're talking about. On one hand you say that the punishment of one serves as a deterrent for another, and then you say that criminals are going to act according to their own will, regardless of what the government does. That's a direct contradiction. Not to mention that in other countries, where they actually DO rehabilitate offenders, they have a much lower incarceration rate.

I'm aware that prison was never about rehabilitation, and that's the problem. It's about convenience for people like you and it's about making money to the people who own the prisons. However, there are a lot of methods to effectively rehabilitate offenders, both within the prisons and in the communities. America is just a lazy, ass-backwards corrupt fucking empire which will eventually reap what it's been sewing for all these years.

Man this thread is full of some stupid comments so far. Especially seeing as no one cared about these poor folks until some bobble heads told you to.

[

Fork rehab. I want this psycho locked up forever as an example to others. Speeding and drunk driving will never end if people think there is no penalty for it, even when they kills others. think

Perfect example id how you confuse the crap outta me. Your opinions go whacko overboard on irrelevant things and not far enough on something like this.

Man this thread is full of some stupid comments so far. Especially seeing as no one cared about these poor folks until some bobble heads told you to.

[

Perfect example id how you confuse the crap outta me. Your opinions go whacko overboard on irrelevant things and not far enough on something like this.

ShootSpeeders is a pyscho himself. His own namesake says it all.

31 views and no comments, no outrage. That's why the rich get away with murder. None of you have any right to complain about the government. You deserve it.

31 views and no comments, no outrage. That's why the rich get away with murder. None of you have any right to complain about the government. You deserve it.

This should get flack from both the left and the right. The left due to thier "class warfare" views, and the right, from a simple law and order perspective.

Two Americas - being wealthy is now a quasi-disability that can get you off the hook for homicide

From Ace of Spades, a noted Conservative/libertarianish blog:

So, the reward for living a life of no consequences and leaving a trail of dead bodies in your wake is to reinforce the attitude that there are no consequences.
If anyone thinks a poor kid with meth head parents, who provided an equally irresponsible upbringing, who did the same thing would be getting off with probation and a posh $500,000/yr treatment facility, raise your hand. Anyone?

The prosecutors wanted 20 years in prison, but 5 probably would have gotten the point across to this kid, and his parents. Now, both the kid and parents are walking away believing they can literally buy their way out of almost any crime. THAT is a lesson they will probably take to heart.

I think the kid should have gotten 10 years and then parole after 5 for good behavior. This was his second DUI. He should have known better. A good attorney should not have made the difference.

Now he's a danger on the road. Hope that family is sued for lots of cash, but it won't bring the family back.

Forum List

Back