Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

The more she speaks, the more I want her to run in 2020. She's a true patriot.

Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

Some GOP rep was on today saying it's about 'degrees' and Dems took it to another level. To him I say "YOU LIE!"

It's like they're in 3rd grade and we have to tell them two wrongs don't make a right. And it's always going to seem like the other side is doing it worse.

"They were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, 'treasonous.' I mean, Yeah, I guess why not? Can we call that treason? Why not?

Notice the "?" marks, dumbass?

Trump talks in questions a lot. When one has the vocabulary and the intellect of a 4th grader, that is what happens.

Add in dementia, lack of exercise, reading, and a shitty diet… You get confusion and disorientation, especially in the early morning….

Our president Snowflake is a big boy

This demand for adoration is worthy of a N Korean Dictator

Funny, Trump has never given a speech in front of Greek columns like Barry the Fairy.
Obama_Greek_Columns.jpg
You haven't seen Trumps apartment

Looks like a 19th century bordello

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

Meh, another dumb whore trying to look cool for the children. Surprised she didn’t say fuck.

So it Trump going to call Tammy a traitor because she won't stand up for him?

Senator Duckworth's response to President Trump's hubris.

HuffPost reports Iraq War veteran and U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) criticized President Donald Trump for calling Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address “treasonous” on Monday.
“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

Hey Tammy
You are not the only combat vet in the country...you don't like Trump...fine we don't like you! Your voice and complaints and veteran status means nothing politically and it does not give you a go card for an audience to continue to bash the president...in other words you don't realize it but you are sounding like a whiny ass fool of late....get over yourself...

Excerpted from https://www.britannica.com/biography/Tammy-Duckworth :
… Duckworth eventually became a member of the National Guard, training as a helicopter pilot. While working on a doctorate at the Northern Illinois University, she was called to active duty and sent to Iraq in 2004. There her helicopter was shot down by a rocket propelled grenade, and Duckworth lost both her legs and almost lost her right arm, which was saved after a 13-hour-long emergency surgery. …
… she received a doctorate in human services at Capella University. …
… title / office
Senate, United States (2017-)
House of representatives, United States (2013-2017) ...
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rambunctious, your post in defense of president Trump bring to mind the adage, “Birds of a feather, flock together”. It's unsurprising one less than respectful of Senator Duckworth would consider president Trump worthy of adoration.

If anyone has a right to judge Bone Spurs Trump, it's her.

Getting shot down does not make someone a hero (see McInsane for example). She fucked up and should really focus on thanking the folks who change her diapers or whatever, and not on attacking our democracy, and our President, and in effect American native born citizens.

Rambunctious, your post in defense of president Trump bring to mind the adage, “Birds of a feather, flock together”. It's unsurprising one less than respectful of Senator Duckworth would consider president Trump worthy of adoration.
My neighborhood is filled with Combat vets some missing limbs...none of us gives a rats fuck what she has to say...Okay?
Trump is making my country great again if she doesn't like it she can kiss the fuck off...
What does she want? Obama back in office sending men and women like her to combat with a leash on? No Thanks....Isis is on the run for the first time since her style of commander and chief left office in shame...

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since Carter who served.
Whose Fault Is It for Allowing These Evasions by Those We Far Outnumber?

Carter, in the sneaky way he always hides behind his smug conceit, dodged the draft by sitting out the war at Annapolis. What did other countries do to prevent that? Commission the present cadets and send all new ones to OCS? Only a gutless servant would say such spoiled sheltered snakes "served."

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since Carter who served.

Carter, in the sneaky way he always hides behind his smug conceit, dodged the draft by sitting out the war at Annapolis. What did other countries do to prevent that? Commission the present cadets and send all new ones to OCS? Only a gutless servant would say such spoiled sheltered snakes "served."

Carter graduated Annapolis in 1946 and served on submarines until 1953 making him a Korean War vet

she's awesome.

what a delusional little nutbar you are. :rofl:

I've never heard of anyone saying President Carter "sat out" the war in Annapolis... or anyone else, "sitting out" wars in Anapolis. Moron.

and anapolis says he was one of their notable gradulates.

Jimmy Carter Biography :: Notable Graduates :: USNA

now go kiss the butt of the guy who lied about having bone spurs to get out of serving.

hack.

Hey Tammy
You are not the only combat vet in the country...you don't like Trump...fine we don't like you! Your voice and complaints and veteran status means nothing politically and it does not give you a go card for an audience to continue to bash the president...in other words you don't realize it but you are sounding like a whiny ass fool of late....get over yourself...
My neighborhood is filled with Combat vets some missing limbs...none of us gives a rats fuck what she has to say...Okay?
Trump is making my country great again if she doesn't like it she can kiss the fuck off...[/QUOTE]

Rambunctious, you used the word “us” in your post.
If you're among those combat veterans that served within or as allied to our military services, I'm among the many that are appreciative and grateful for your service. The remainder of us that reside in the USA owe you and your comrades a great deal. If you are among those that made even greater sacrifices on our behalf, we're humbly aware that we cannot reasonably reciprocate for the consequential suffering, wounds and permanent injuries due to your combat services.

Unlike president Trump, the vast majority of us USA residents not combat veterans, are no less grateful and respectful for those USA and allie prisoners of war that suffered and carry permanent injuries as consequences of their imprisonments.

Although we certainly respect and are grateful to wounded permanently disabled USA combat veterans such as yourself, I doubt your presumption to speak or write as a representative for their majority, even if you should limit your presumption to representing only those residing in your neighborhood.

Senator Duckworth's description of President Trump as “cadet bone spurs” may be perceived as a bit harsh; it was evoked by the questioning of her patriotism from a person was deferred from being considered among those likely to be drafted into USA military service. This was when many of such draftees were serving in combat.

Senator Duckworth must continue to endure the loss of both legs and damage to her right arm due to her combat wounds.

Regarding your comment, “Trump is making my country great again”, thus far he has made his family's holdings more valuable at the expense of USA's reputation and economy. His shameful administration has thus far not accomplished anything to our nation's net benefit.

Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:

Forum List

Back