Drug coupons? Never heard of them.

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
Had my first follow-up Dr. appt. with a NP that I've known for a few years. It was a surprise for both of us. She even asked if was I comfortable with her seeing me because we know each other. :)

She prescribed a drug while saying she didn't know how expensive it would be, and to call her if it was expensive.
While in her office, the pharmacy called to say they needed to order it. I asked about the cost and was told $50 with my insurance. The pharmacist then mentioned a coupon. Seconds after asking about the coupon, the NP said 'got it!'.
The NP was filling out the coupon while I was on the phone with the pharmacist! lol

She then told me to call the pharmacy to see how much it would cost me. The cost of that drug went from $50 to $0! I couldn't f'ing believe it! lol
I'm now getting that drug for free for 1 year, maybe longer, because of a coupon. :)

My prescriptions rarely cost me more than a few dollars. This is first time I've ever heard of a drug coupon.

I thought I'd share this to help others. Ask about coupons if you're on a drug that's expensive.

Last edited:
Been using GoodRx for a while. Had one prescription reduced 98%, but the cost never went to 0. Where'd that coupon come from?

Been using GoodRx for a while. Had one prescription reduced 98%, but the cost never went to 0. Where'd that coupon come from?
It came from the manufacturer of jardiance.
Those things are $15 OR $25 per pill. Only people paying full price are Medicare and Medicaid. Coupons are tax deductions for the manufacturer.

They're pretty common.
My Doc gives them to me all the time.
I'm not talking about free samples. She gave me 2 weeks of samples.

Not talking about samples either.
Like you said most of my meds are pretty cheap through insurance but I do have some that are still expensive as hell and the Doc will give me coupons.
While most of the drugs I'm prescribed are inexpensive, this is the first time I've been prescribed a drug that wasn't cheap and ended up being free because of coupon. :)

Those things are $15 OR $25 per pill. Only people paying full price are Medicare and Medicaid. Coupons are tax deductions for the manufacturer.
I never thought I'd get this med for free.
You're right about medicare and medicade people not getting this offer.

I recently checked the price on GoodRx and it was $504 for 30 days. They did have a link to the coupon I used.
The regular price at my pharmacy was $758.40.

you can get a coupon for farxiga too....
This was my first experience with a drug coupon. I‘ve never heard of them before.

I usually pay ~$5 for a prescription with my insurance. I knew something was up when I learned it was gonna cost me $50.

This was my first experience with a drug coupon. I‘ve never heard of them before.

I usually pay ~$5 for a prescription with my insurance. I knew something was up when I learned it was gonna cost me $50.
i got Farxiga free for a whole year....now its 15 bucks....

I didn't know Farxiga was a diabetes drug until I looked it up. I'll ask my NP about it when I see her on the 28th.

Btw... I've known my NP for years. She's very smart and is now in a position to have me in a position I never thought would happen.

Had my first follow-up Dr. appt. with a NP that I've known for a few years. It was a surprise for both of us. She even asked if was I comfortable with her seeing me because we know each other. :)

She prescribed a drug while saying she didn't know how expensive it would be, and to call her if it was expensive.
While in her office, the pharmacy called to say they needed to order it. I asked about the cost and was told $50 with my insurance. The pharmacist then mentioned a coupon. Seconds after asking about the coupon, the NP said 'got it!'.
The NP was filling out the coupon while I was on the phone with the pharmacist! lol

She then told me to call the pharmacy to see how much it would cost me. The cost of that drug went from $50 to $0! I couldn't f'ing believe it! lol
I'm now getting that drug for free for 1 year, maybe longer, because of a coupon. :)

My prescriptions rarely cost me more than a few dollars. This is first time I've ever heard of a drug coupon.

I thought I'd share this to help others. Ask about coupons if you're on a drug that's expensive.

They are actually common and Doctor offices and Pharmacies use them to help customers out...

Good Rx is a known and you should look into them...

I didn't know Farxiga was a diabetes drug until I looked it up. I'll ask my NP about it when I see her on the 28th.

Btw... I've known my NP for years. She's very smart and is now in a position to have me in a position I never thought would happen.
i think Farxiga and Jardiance are basically the same type of drug...

It's a small world.

Just when I thought I found a Dr. who had a NP I didn't know,...

They are actually common and Doctor offices and Pharmacies use them to help customers out...

Good Rx is a known and you should look into them...
Thanks.

i think Farxiga and Jardiance are basically the same type of drug...
I'll ask her about that.

Forum List

Back