Dream car

oldsoul

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2015
Standing with Covington Kids
If you had the money, what classic car, with or without, mods would you have?

Me, Early '70's Caddie El Dorado. I would equip it with:
  • Latest LS engine
  • Ford 9" rear-end, chopped to accomodate,
  • 305mm or larger tires, super sticky
  • Trac-bars
  • original body, and wheels
  • Likely would paint it pink, just for fun
  • Maybe even a supercharger or N.O.S.
I think it would be pretty cool to blow the doors off of one of those rice-burning "tuner" cars.
What would you have?

don't know much about details but a nice straight 65 Ford Galaxy 500 2 door , British racing green , metallic with nice unpolished aluminum wheels , nice black rubber as big as practical . Big v8 , auto transmission with leather , sort of beige color . --------- remembering my parent 65 Ford car of similar configuration . I loved their 4 door , always wanted it to be a 2 door !!

Just two:

scissordoors3-jpg.714988

1964 Toyota FJ40 (Land Cruiser) with rear scissor door and...

screen-shot-2012-04-11-at-10-54-15-pm.png

1964 Toyota FJ45, I'd prefer the long bed...

Top three, in no real order:
'59 Thunderbird hardtop (but in black)
1959Thunderbird5.jpg

'66 Olds Toronado
1966-Oldsmobile-Toronado-fvr.jpg

or a '63 Stingray
1963_Chevrolet_Corvette_Coupe_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

No mods, just factory stock in near-showroom condition.
They'd be driven as much as weather would permit, too - they aren't much good sitting in a garage collecting dust.

My all time favorite........1957 Chevy Nomad.......had several chances back in the day to buy one.....but fooled around and never did.

Now they sell for more than a house. ....... :cool:

57chev67742-1.jpg

Last edited:
My "money is no object" pick would have to be this beauty...
Bugatti-Veyron-Successor-1.jpg

Bugatti Veyron Successor

My "made in America" classic would be...
61Hawk.jpg

1961 Studebaker Hawk

OR... one of these:
1968_ford_mustang_shelby_gt_350_6330055421803571220.jpg

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Actually had one...1979 F-350 4x4 SuperCab. With a front Dana 60 and rear Dana 70, it had the toughest mechanicals Ford offered without dual rear wheels, since it was a Camper Special (heavier rear springs and swaybar). Originally, it had a 400M engine...but the guy I bought it from repowered it with a 5.9 litre Cummins diesel from a Stepvan. He used the factory Borg-Warner T-19 HD 4-speed manual transmission and NP205 transfer case, with an overdrive added to the transfer case. The engine conversion looked factory, to the extent of having dual batteries I would have sworn were installed in Dearborn, working air conditioning (using a compressor from a Cummins-powered F600), and functioning (factory) cruise control. Being an XLT Ranger, the truck was pretty loaded: front captain's chairs and console, tilt column, Quadraphonic stereo, carpet, A/C, cruise control, power steering & brakes, even map lights. Much as I loved the truck, it was too nice to be a work truck, and WAY too nice to plow with. (Being an extended cab-longbed, it was also extremely long, which made plowing parking lots quite difficult and very hard on the equipment.)

Forum List

Back