Dramatic sea level rise forecast for US over next 30 years

:^) :^)
A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones

Longer growing seasons help lead northern farmers to plow up forests for crops such as corn that were once hard to grow in chilly territories

A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones
Wall Street Journal ~ 11-25-18

LA CRETE, Alberta—The farm belt is marching northward.
Upper Alberta is bitter cold much of the year, and remote. Not much grows other than the spruce and poplar that spread out a hundred miles around Highway 88 north toward La Crete. Signs warn drivers to watch for moose and make sure their gas tanks are filled. Farms have produced mostly wheat, canola and barley. Summers were so short farmer Dicky Driedger used to tease his wife about wasting garden space growing corn.

Today, Mr. Driedger is the one growing corn. So are many other northern-Alberta farmers who are plowing up forests to create fields, which lets them grow still more of it. The new prospect of warmer-weather crops is helping lift farmland prices, with an acre near La Crete selling for nearly Five times what it fetched 10 years ago.

One reason is the Warming Planet and Longer Growing Seasons. Temperatures around La Crete are 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit Warmer on average annually than in 1950, Canadian federal climate records show, and the growing season is nearly Two weeks Longer.

`

Upper Alberta had a continental climate 100 years ago ... she has a continental climate today ... and she'll have a continental climate 100 years from now ... climate is NOT changing in Upper Alberta ... dummy ...

Does it surprise you that corn grows in continental climate zones? ... [shakes head] ... can't help you there ... I've lived in Iowa, maybe you should too ...

Scientists Forecast U.S. Sea Levels Could Rise a Foot by 2050​

Sea levels are forecast to rise rapidly over the next 30 years, bringing more frequent and more destructive floods​

WSJ- Feb. 15, 2022 (more/most recently)

"Sea levels on U.S. coastlines are forecast to rise on average by about a foot by 2050, surging with meltwater from ice sheets and glaciers as a result of climate change, federal scientists said Tuesday.

The estimates were released in a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and other federal and academic institutions.

Globally, sea levels rose about 0.55 feet between 1920 and 2020, according to the report. Across the U.S. coast on average, in the last 100 years, sea levels rose about 0.9 feet.

....Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii...

"''...The report proposed five different paths for sea level rise through the next decades. From the least to most severe outcomes, these reflect variability in the contributors to sea level rise, such as ice sheet melt, thermal expansion of oceans and land movement.

At the Low end, by 2050 compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...

Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet compared with 2000,
the report estimates..."
[..........]

`
If betting on man made climate change was legal in my home state of Illinois since the 1970s I would be now a multi trillionare

I live here. Quit trying to tell me that there is some sort of vertical landscape in Florida. We're a glorified sandbar.

Good ... now go down to the beach and tell us a single foot more water is going to wash away Cape Kennedy ... a single foot of water will over top the Everglades Parkway ...

Are Floridians so afraid of shovels they'd rather wash away than pile sand up? ...

Oh, sorry, you're not my date ... I should stop trying to convince you that 5 inches is really one foot ...

Good ... now go down to the beach and tell us a single foot more water is going to wash away Cape Kennedy ... a single foot of water will over top the Everglades Parkway ...

Are Floridians so afraid of shovels they'd rather wash away than pile sand up? ...

Oh, sorry, you're not my date ... I should stop trying to convince you that 5 inches is really one foot ...
Oh look. Another one who has never been to Florida.

Tell me where these hills are I seemed to have missed living here all this time or fuck off.

Here are two topographical maps of Florida. The bottom one is from the USGS.
1645327255247.png

1645328038027.png

What a bunch of climate hoax tripe.....The dems must be skeered that some of their gerrymandered coastal districts will be separated.

WASHINGTON — The United States is expected to experience as much sea-level rise by the year 2050 as the country has witnessed in the past century, according to a report led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and released Tuesday.

With the forecast of an average sea level rise of 10-12 inches (25.4 cm to 30.5 cm) by 2050, about 140,000 homes would be at risk of being flooded about every other week, according to the report.

Forty percent of the U.S. population lives within about 100 kilometers of a coastline.

Dramatic sea level rise forecast for US over next 30 years
Well at least they quit claiming 40 feet of water rise like they were a few years ago. If it bothers them they should move.

You have to give her credit, she made bank off of it......So much so they started hiding her net worth.....It went from something around 15 million to one million once the climate change hoax weenies figured out it was a bad look for them. ;)
What other 15 year old girl has access to a multi million dollar yacht with support vessels to sail her around the world so she can parrot what her her parents taught her to say and pantomine the body language she practiced before she gets in front of the camera.

What other 15 year old girl has access to a multi million dollar yacht with support vessels to sail her around the world so she can parrot what her her parents taught her to say and pantomine the body language she practiced before she gets in front of the camera.

The real reason why she is used by her handlers

climate-change-scam-thunbergexploited.jpg

They've been spewing this bullshit for 50 years.

Oh look you have never been at Cape Canaveral (10') which is still in operation with upcoming flight on schedule.

Kennedy Space Center on an island is just 3' yet still open and in full operation with recent large additions in 2015.

The Federal Government don't seem to be worried about it why should you?
Everyone who has property on the shore here is worried. It's why we are building houses on 16 foot pilings. We had an eight foot storm surge here a some years ago that fucked things up beyond belief. It washed across the barrier island and destroyed half of our seafood houses. Our downtown went under water four feet in places, there were fish in the streets. I've seen it happen at least a dozen times in the last twenty years. Only twice in the twenty years before that.

Everyone who has property on the shore here is worried. It's why we are building houses on 16 foot pilings. We had an eight foot storm surge here a some years ago that fucked things up beyond belief. It washed across the barrier island and destroyed half of our seafood houses. Our downtown went under water four feet in places, there were fish in the streets. I've seen it happen at least a dozen times in the last twenty years. Only twice in the twenty years before that.

Yet people continue to build there anyway, maybe they are not that worried about it after all they live in an area where a hurricane can sweep away few hundred homes in just a few hours.

Nobody is stopping YOU from moving inland to much higher ground.

You familiar with Doggerland?

From National Geographic

1645330459346.png

The background on the map is worth reading in the link.

Yet people continue to build there anyway, maybe they are not that worried about it after all they live in an area where a hurricane can sweep away few hundred homes in just a few hours.

Nobody is stopping YOU from moving inland to much higher ground.

You familiar with Doggerland?

From National Geographic

View attachment 603822

The background on the map is worth reading in the link.
I don't question why people are still building here. I'll take a big pile of their money and build them the strongest possible house. Haven't had one blow away yet. We all know it's ultimately going to be a losing battle but I've lived here for my entire adult life. If it gets bad maybe some of these Georgia assholes will move back.

Oh look. Another one who has never been to Florida.

We watch rocket launches from the Space Coast just south of Cape Kennedy ... the beach runs up about ten feet and the sand dune face is another twenty feet ... the landward side slopes back down ten feet but that leaves the condo building parking lot 20 feet over sea level ...

Hurricane Matthew pushed a seven foot storm surge into this configuration and no water breached this dune structure, didn't even wash away very much sand ... what the OP is saying is that ... in 30 years ... this exact same storm would generate an eight foot storm surge ... still doesn't wash away the sand dune ...

... excuse me ... a seven foot storm surge would be 7 foot, 5 inches in 30 years ... the OP exaggerates to the point of lying ...

Now my question ... have you ever been to Florida? ... because what kind of moron would think Major Nelson and Jeanne's house was anything less than 10 feet in elevation ... let me guess, you bought a 30 year old house in Naples ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back