Dr. Birx BLASTED the media for it's political bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call me uneducated and repeat the same things over and over about what horrible terrible Democrats the media are, but it doesn't change the fact that Trump is viewed negatively because he is an asshole. Presidents NEVER get along with the press. Trump has made a war out of it because he can't take the pokes he likes to dish out.

I actually agree that some of the news channels dig for ways to make him look worse than he is. I just stick to the facts, which are bad enough. I was taught to detect bias, and I can see it on both sides, here as well. You are making a big mistake by placing all the blame on the media, though. That is you being gullible and led by a narcissist who whines perpetually and made the spectacularly dangerous move of coining "fake news." Now a good chunk of the country won't even listen to the truth when it slaps them in the face. That's dangerous. You bought fake news from Trump, imo.

Hey... You are right about a lot of points. You don't make your case though when you don't seem to recognize that 96% of the MSM bet against Trump in 2016 and rather than be the Objective, professional journalists, the VAST majority have made it their objective to do as Dr. Brix pointed out "Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic."
But I won't be able to use FACTS with you and frankly YOU are too far gone in dependence on the MSM to educate.
My intent is to share with the growing number of open minded people who recognize that the MSM has been doing as this study shows:

For its report, the Media Research Center did a lot of visual spadework. It viewed some 1,007 evening news stories about the Trump White House on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to Sept. 30. That's the equivalent of about 32.7 hours of coverage, by TV standards an eternity of news time.
What they found was, as Trump himself might say, sad:
"Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a president in TV news history — 92% negative, vs. just 8% positive."
Now YOU won't see it that way, but serious and objective voters are concerned that if the MSM is biasing the news that way, well
maybe Trump isn't so bad! So frankly, keep up your unsubstantiated(See that's what people like you depend on... not showing the facts) comments, no links, just your personal observation. Which is NOT good enough!

coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
There's a reason for that. It's Trump's own words, actions and gutter sniping that put him in a negative light. I'm surprised they found 20% of nice things to say. Must have been Fox.
What did Brett Kavanaugh do to deserve the vitriol?
Attempted rape.
LOL lets see, she couldn't remember which friend she was at's house, she couldn't name any of HER friends that were there, she didn't hear two sloppy drunks ( her claim) coming up the stairs bouncing off the walls( her claim again) she doesn't remember who besides Kavanaugh was in the room when the supposed attack took place. She remembers them bouncing off the walls on the way down cause as she claimed they were VERY drunk. She did not tell anyone at the party she did not tell any friends later, she did not tell her parents. She can't remember how she got home. BUT BY GOD she remembers it was Kavanaugh for sure. Yup totally believable.

Add in she lied about flying she lied about not wanting anyone to report it and she was a wishy washy testifier before the committee. Yup ABSOLUTELY Believable.
She remembered the important stuff fine. It wasn't a "friend's" house; she heard about the party from a friend but she didn't know the host. I remember several parties I went to where I didn't know the host and today I couldn't possibly tell you where the house was. She remembers in detail the pool house where the party was. She remembers in detail the boys ganging up on her, even the music playing on the stereo. She DID tell people, both then and later. If you actually read what she'd SAID instead of relying on news sites that wanted to make her look like a lying whore for political reasons, you wouldn't be quite so sure of yourself.

Christine Blasey-Ford made a tentative move to tell her story and then decided she didn't want to come forward. Pelosi or her office staff threw her to the lions anyway. It was just too good an opportunity to waste. That was absolutely unforgivable. Yes, Kavanaugh was an entitled rich kid jock who was a real Jekyll and Hyde when he drank. He was a teenager and he grew up, quit beer bombing, leads a decent life and has had a respectable career. There was no excuse for ANY of it except a Speaker of the House who will do anything--anything--to keep political power and abortion fanatics on both sides doing their best to destroy each other through the participants in this fiasco. It was a low point in Congressional history.
Except it came out later that she was a pro choice activist and no one could corroborate the story of an incident that almost but didn't happen. Stop this nonsense. She blatantly lied.
Maybe she lied. Maybe it's what she actually remembers. Maybe it was true. I never did decide.
I decided about Kavanaugh though when he got up there and threw his tantrum. Maybe he wasn't partisan before this experience, but he sure as hell will never be able to judge a case impartially again.

coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
There's a reason for that. It's Trump's own words, actions and gutter sniping that put him in a negative light. I'm surprised they found 20% of nice things to say. Must have been Fox.
What did Brett Kavanaugh do to deserve the vitriol?
Attempted rape.
LOL lets see, she couldn't remember which friend she was at's house, she couldn't name any of HER friends that were there, she didn't hear two sloppy drunks ( her claim) coming up the stairs bouncing off the walls( her claim again) she doesn't remember who besides Kavanaugh was in the room when the supposed attack took place. She remembers them bouncing off the walls on the way down cause as she claimed they were VERY drunk. She did not tell anyone at the party she did not tell any friends later, she did not tell her parents. She can't remember how she got home. BUT BY GOD she remembers it was Kavanaugh for sure. Yup totally believable.

Add in she lied about flying she lied about not wanting anyone to report it and she was a wishy washy testifier before the committee. Yup ABSOLUTELY Believable.
She remembered the important stuff fine. It wasn't a "friend's" house; she heard about the party from a friend but she didn't know the host. I remember several parties I went to where I didn't know the host and today I couldn't possibly tell you where the house was. She remembers in detail the pool house where the party was. She remembers in detail the boys ganging up on her, even the music playing on the stereo. She DID tell people, both then and later. If you actually read what she'd SAID instead of relying on news sites that wanted to make her look like a lying whore for political reasons, you wouldn't be quite so sure of yourself.

Christine Blasey-Ford made a tentative move to tell her story and then decided she didn't want to come forward. Pelosi or her office staff threw her to the lions anyway. It was just too good an opportunity to waste. That was absolutely unforgivable. Yes, Kavanaugh was an entitled rich kid jock who was a real Jekyll and Hyde when he drank. He was a teenager and he grew up, quit beer bombing, leads a decent life and has had a respectable career. There was no excuse for ANY of it except a Speaker of the House who will do anything--anything--to keep political power and abortion fanatics on both sides doing their best to destroy each other through the participants in this fiasco. It was a low point in Congressional history.
Except it came out later that she was a pro choice activist and no one could corroborate the story of an incident that almost but didn't happen. Stop this nonsense. She blatantly lied.
Maybe she lied. Maybe it's what she actually remembers. Maybe it was true. I never did decide.
I decided about Kavanaugh though when he got up there and threw his tantrum. Maybe he wasn't partisan before this experience, but he sure as hell will never be able to judge a case impartially again.
Tough to judge since he was being accused of something he didn't do and it was so long ago and his name was dragged through the mud because of a partisan process. NOTE: After he was confirmed, you didn't hear anything else because it was a sham. Just like Julie Swetnick and Avenati, who turned out to be a sleazeball and a criminal.

In a separate interview, Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic.

I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines … We know for millennials in other studies that some people may only read the headlines. And if there’s not a graphic, they’re not going to look any further than that,” she said Saturday on Fox News’ “Watters World.”
“And I think we have to be responsible about our headlines. I think often, the reporting maybe accurate in paragraph three, four, and five. But I’m not sure how many people actually get to paragraph three, four, and five,
” Birx added.

AND this is exactly what I've been pointing out! Selective editing. "Trump Divorces"??? "Trump anti-immigrant"? All examples of the political bias of a group of people pissed that their political donations of 96% to Hillary was wasted!
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump. While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative, coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
She wants to keep her job so she says things that will ingratiate her with tRump.

That doesn't me she's accurate.
That is exactly right. She,probably by virtue of going along to get along, has been complicit in some of the administration's cover up of some of the problems in this fight. For example, She touts the availability of testing facilities in each state and suggests the governors are not utilizing that resource properly while never addressing the fact that there is a shortage of test collection kits and the reagents neccessary to process the tests. A problem best solved at the federal level.

You can call me uneducated and repeat the same things over and over about what horrible terrible Democrats the media are, but it doesn't change the fact that Trump is viewed negatively because he is an asshole. Presidents NEVER get along with the press. Trump has made a war out of it because he can't take the pokes he likes to dish out.

I actually agree that some of the news channels dig for ways to make him look worse than he is. I just stick to the facts, which are bad enough. I was taught to detect bias, and I can see it on both sides, here as well. You are making a big mistake by placing all the blame on the media, though. That is you being gullible and led by a narcissist who whines perpetually and made the spectacularly dangerous move of coining "fake news." Now a good chunk of the country won't even listen to the truth when it slaps them in the face. That's dangerous. You bought fake news from Trump, imo.

Hey... You are right about a lot of points. You don't make your case though when you don't seem to recognize that 96% of the MSM bet against Trump in 2016 and rather than be the Objective, professional journalists, the VAST majority have made it their objective to do as Dr. Brix pointed out "Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic."
But I won't be able to use FACTS with you and frankly YOU are too far gone in dependence on the MSM to educate.
My intent is to share with the growing number of open minded people who recognize that the MSM has been doing as this study shows:

For its report, the Media Research Center did a lot of visual spadework. It viewed some 1,007 evening news stories about the Trump White House on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to Sept. 30. That's the equivalent of about 32.7 hours of coverage, by TV standards an eternity of news time.
"Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a president in TV news history — 92% negative, vs. just 8% positive."
Now YOU won't see it that way, but serious and objective voters are concerned that if the MSM is biasing the news that way, well
maybe Trump isn't so bad! So frankly, keep up your unsubstantiated(See that's what people like you depend on... not showing the facts) comments, no links, just your personal observation. Which is NOT good enough!
Editorials like the one you just linked is in the op eds for a reason. Who determines what is "negative?" Do you know? Isn't that somewhat subjective? Open minded people go to verifiable, credible sources for facts. They listen to both sides and make up their own minds.

In a separate interview, Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic.

I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines … We know for millennials in other studies that some people may only read the headlines. And if there’s not a graphic, they’re not going to look any further than that,” she said Saturday on Fox News’ “Watters World.”
“And I think we have to be responsible about our headlines. I think often, the reporting maybe accurate in paragraph three, four, and five. But I’m not sure how many people actually get to paragraph three, four, and five,
” Birx added.

AND this is exactly what I've been pointing out! Selective editing. "Trump Divorces"??? "Trump anti-immigrant"? All examples of the political bias of a group of people pissed that their political donations of 96% to Hillary was wasted!
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump. While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative, coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
She wants to keep her job so she says things that will ingratiate her with tRump.

That is exactly right. She,probably by virtue of going along to get along, has been complicit in some of the administration's cover up of some of the problems in this fight. For example, She touts the availability of testing facilities in each state and suggests the governors are not utilizing that resource properly while never addressing the fact that there is a shortage of test collection kits and the reagents neccessary to process the tests. A problem best solved at the federal level.
I think it's because there still aren't enough to go around. States with hot spots are getting the lion's share of the tests, which of course they should, but it is leaving states with lower numbers short. Our Governor just explained yesterday that they keep asking but they're not getting enough. That's because there aren't enough to go around. President's presser yesterday was all about the promise that more and more tests are coming .... soon.....
I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be happy about it.

” Birx added.

I think it's because there still aren't enough to go around. States with hot spots are getting the lion's share of the tests, which of course they should, but it is leaving states with lower numbers short. Our Governor just explained yesterday that they keep asking but they're not getting enough. That's because there aren't enough to go around. President's presser yesterday was all about the promise that more and more tests are coming .... soon.....
In the meantime the admin is moving foreward with plans to open even going so far as to issue guidelines for testing that doesn't yet exist and probably won't until it is way too late to be effective. They left the testing to the states to figure out.
She and Fauci should find this unacceptable and not go along with it.

” Birx added.

In the meantime the admin is moving foreward with plans to open even going so far as to issue guidelines for testing that doesn't yet exist and probably won't until it is way too late to be effective. They left the testing to the states to figure out.

One size fits all I assume you are suggesting?
That a metropolitan area with population density of 1.3 people per square mile should be treated the same as
a population density of 57,116 people per square mile ?

” Birx added.

President Trump's new blueprint for COVID-19 testing leaves it up to states to create and manage their own testing programs, leaving the federal government as "a supplier of last resort." CBS News has learned that the federal government plans to send each state enough test kits to screen 2% of their population monthly.

Do you have a problem with states with diverse population density doing their own "testing"?

Humm, it is nice to see Birx saying this, but she bears a lot of the blame for the misguided federal guidelines that gave governors the green light to impose lockdowns, and for the federal guidelines that are giving many blue state governor's an excuse to keep their states from reopening in a sane, timely manner.

Birx has repeatedly focused on limiting and reducing case numbers, instead of advocating a more targeted approach, and she swallowed the doomsday models hook, line, and sinker.

Humm, it is nice to see Birx saying this, but she bears a lot of the blame for the misguided federal guidelines that gave governors the green light to impose lockdowns, and for the federal guidelines that are giving many blue state governor's an excuse to keep their states from reopening in a sane, timely manner.

Birx has repeatedly focused on limiting and reducing case numbers, instead of advocating a more targeted approach, and she swallowed the doomsday models hook, line, and sinker.
And I agree with you regarding her focus. She and Fauci were not looking originally at a state by state approach but a national approach which again is a "one size fit's all " mentality. Plus she was naive regarding the MSM. She thought she could simply share her data and it would be accepted not from a political stance but academic. She was wrong as she now admits that the MSM has made this political.

What is slice and dicey about printing what Trump says?

” Birx added.

What state are you in where your governor keeps asking for tests?

Also do you think the following is a lie?

“Vice President Pence spoke with governors from all 50 states about our unified effort to defeat the virus. He had a great call,” the president said during a Monday press conference.
“Prior to the call, we provided each governor with a list of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the labs where they can find additional testing capacity within their states."

Trump said he would publicly release the details of the list to the press, adding that “hundreds and hundreds of labs are ready, willing, and able," but said that some governors, including Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, weren't aware.

Pretty simple... here is an example:
They made this up portions of this transcript. Adding negative comments to enhance the bias.

Just to help you comprehend the "FAKE News"... Trump's actual words are italicized!
And the article's fabrication and biased comments... are in RED!
So, a question some of you are probably thinking of if your are totally into that world,
which I find to be very interesting
,” Trump said, before posturing as a medical expert.
So, supposing we hit the body with tremendous,
I don’t know if it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light, and I think you said that has been checked but your’e going to test it,”

Trump said, turning to Bryan in a sidebar moment at the end for confirmation.
Then I said what it if you brought the light inside of the body which you could do either through
the skin or some other way and I think you said you were going to test that, too, sounds interesting
,”
he added next, again turning to Bryan for validation.
But then Trump even went further, connecting the household bleaching agents in most
surface disinfectants to a possible internal treatment for humans, which would be toxic and possibly fatal.

FOLKS HE NEVER connected the two!

He never mentioned "bleaching agents"!

Totally made up by MSM!!! " slicey and dicey"!

Then I see the disinfectant, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that,
by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.
So it’d be interesting to check that so that you’ll have to use medical doctors with
But it sounds interesting to me. So we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, where it goes in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

So again... YOU are wrong about Trump advocating using bleach, etc. just as the above article points out the MSM adds i.e." slicey and dicey" as Dr. Brix has LEARNED... YOU can't say anything positive without it being turned negative by the MSM!

God bless Dr. Birx and all of the experts in their field who are called upon to use that expertise for their nation as advisors and in other capacities in WASHINGTON DC. These' people's lives revolve around / consist of facts, figures, what is and what is not proven....and suddenly find themselves in a world of lying, spinning, politicizing where facts and data no longer matter but rather false narratives and how the data can be spun against an opposing party.....

While it is a complete shock to these people, the rest of us are used to it.....

'WASHINGTON DC IS CONSUMED BY POLITICS AND 'TRUTH' / 'DATA' DOESN'T MATTER, DR BIRX?'

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Shocked Face!

Pretty simple... here is an example:
They made this up portions of this transcript. Adding negative comments to enhance the bias.

Just to help you comprehend the "FAKE News"... Trump's actual words are italicized!
And the article's fabrication and biased comments... are in RED!
So, a question some of you are probably thinking of if your are totally into that world,
which I find to be very interesting
,” Trump said, before posturing as a medical expert.
So, supposing we hit the body with tremendous,
I don’t know if it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light, and I think you said that has been checked but your’e going to test it,”

Trump said, turning to Bryan in a sidebar moment at the end for confirmation.
Then I said what it if you brought the light inside of the body which you could do either through
the skin or some other way and I think you said you were going to test that, too, sounds interesting
,”
he added next, again turning to Bryan for validation.
But then Trump even went further, connecting the household bleaching agents in most
surface disinfectants to a possible internal treatment for humans, which would be toxic and possibly fatal.

FOLKS HE NEVER connected the two!

He never mentioned "bleaching agents"!

Totally made up by MSM!!! " slicey and dicey"!

Then I see the disinfectant, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that,
by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.
So it’d be interesting to check that so that you’ll have to use medical doctors with
But it sounds interesting to me. So we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, where it goes in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

So again... YOU are wrong about Trump advocating using bleach, etc. just as the above article points out the MSM adds i.e." slicey and dicey" as Dr. Brix has LEARNED... YOU can't say anything positive without it being turned negative by the MSM!

What are you babbling about?

Trump said he meant it to be sarcasm. Are you calling him a liar?

Editorials like the one you just linked is in the op eds for a reason. Who determines what is "negative?" Do you know? Isn't that somewhat subjective? Open minded people go to verifiable, credible sources for facts. They listen to both sides and make up their own minds.
The "Editorial" was quoting a STUDY! An unbiased factual study that has been thoroughly vetted as being the FACTs.

Here let me prove again that people like you talk a big talk but never walk the walk!

Case in point:
Harvard released a study last week that analyzed The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and the main newscasts on CBS, CNN, Fox and NBC during Mr. Trump’s first 100 days. No shocker here: 80 percent was negative, just 20 percent positive.
That’s a big change from the past. When the Chosen One, Barack Obama, completed his first 100 days, a similar study found that coverage was 59 percent positive, 41 percent negative. Skewed, but not that bad. The numbers were flipped for George W. Bush, of course: 57 percent negative, 43 percent positive.

That said, the coverage of some news organizations was so negative, according to the Harvard study, that it seems hard to argue that the coverage was anywhere near a neutral presentation of facts. Assessing the tone of news coverage, the Harvard researchers found that CNN's Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, and seven percent positive. The researchers found the same numbers for NBC.

Bullshit. Now Dr. Birx is on the Democrat shit list, huh. Hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back