Downtown St. Augustine...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
This is a video from one of the local news stations, showing what it was like in downtown St. Augustine, Florida a couple of hours ago:

The road in front of where they're filming from is Avenida Menendez, and it's completely submerged. You can the Bridge of Lions off to the right, which is currently closed.

St. Augustine doesn't drain very well...

Some more videos, perhaps not showing the smartest muthafuckas in the world:

Last edited:
This is a video from one of the local news stations, showing what it was like in downtown St. Augustine, Florida a couple of hours ago:

The road in front of where they're filming from is Avenida Menendez, and it's completely submerged. You can the Bridge of Lions off to the right, which is currently closed.

Is that close to the fort?

Love that town

Aren't they expecting a 6' surge there?

I've read predictions of 4-6 feet. The storm is supposed to be due east of St. Augustine in a couple of hours. That's no bueno. Downtown St. Augustine's already submerged. A storm surge would be catastrophic.

I just read where the predicted storm surge for Charleston, SC is 7 feet...

I've read predictions of 4-6 feet. The storm is supposed to be due east of St. Augustine in a couple of hours. That's no bueno. Downtown St. Augustine's already submerged. A storm surge would be catastrophic.

I just read where the predicted storm surge for Charleston, SC is 7 feet...
it's gonna get rough around here soon.

I think there might have been only one fatality in the entire state of Florida. Gov. DeSantis did a remarkable job.

I think there might have been only one fatality in the entire state of Florida. Gov. DeSantis did a remarkable job.

As of five hours ago, there were two suspected deaths, but they weren't officially declared to be due to the storm. There were reports of a Sheriff down in Lee County who commented that he thought there could be "hundreds".

The bottom line is that, right now, no one really knows.

That notwithstanding, Governor DeSantis is giving a master class in leadership through all of this...

Well, there are two of those, but I think they're both gonna' get hit...

South Carolina. Looks like it's going to come straight through Charleston, or damn close. But it's not going to be anything like Florida, Cat 1 at the most.

Everyplace else will have the benefit of the strom weakening over land.

South Carolina. Looks like it's going to come straight through Charleston, or damn close. But it's not going to be anything like Florida, Cat 1 at the most.

Everyplace else will have the benefit of the strom weakening over land.

I used to live in Hanahan and then moved to Goose Creek; went through hurricanes in both.

All I'll say is thank God for brick houses!

I used to live in Hanahan and then moved to Goose Creek; went through hurricanes in both.

All I'll say is thank God for brick houses!

What a coincidence... We lived in Hanahan when we first moved here and now live in Goose Creek, though not a brick house. It's a nice area, growing like crazy which is a shame. Cutting down too many trees.

What a coincidence... We lived in Hanahan when we first moved here and now live in Goose Creek, though not a brick house. It's a nice area, growing like crazy which is a shame. Cutting down too many trees.

We lived right off Remount Rd. in Hanahan and then in a little subdivision across from the Alumax plant in Goose Creek.

We're talking 1985-1990. I don't even know if Alumax is still there.

There used to be a really great, and really cheap breakfast joint on Remount Road call "Joann's". You could get three eggs, two of those big, thick Hillshire sausage links, hashbrowns, toast, coffee and orange juice for less than four bucks. I looked on Google Earth and the building is still there, and they still serve breakfast 24 hours a day, but it looks like it's called "Pappy's" now...

Horrible. Florida will take a long time to recover. FEMA was ready and well organized ahead of this storm, but it's still a disaster.

Forum List

Back