Down Comes The Washington Monument

Would you support adding a plaque to the monuments which explains the facts regarding the
slave ownership the former presidents?
does it change the factual history? So are you for blowing up the country? I mean everyone had slaves who were anyone. It was the way they lived back then. why do you feel if you destroy something that changes? I'm curious.
ma
I have not advocated destroying the Washington monument. Fool.
you asked about a plaque, I asked if it changed anything?

Sure it would. It is fine to say that Washington was a great man who had flaws.

If you were a slave owner, you had a major flaw. Why hide it?
The monument honors him. You don't put the "human flaws" on a monument honoring someone for the outstanding things they did right. What he did was legal, customary and in his day was not even considered a flaw. It might seem outrageous to us now, but we are looking at it from a (fortunately) wholly different perspective. George Washington deserves to be honored for who he was and what he did to help establish this country. I read in one of his biographies that he really didn't want to return to Philadelphia for any politics, either for the Constitutional Convention or to be President. He did it out of a sense of duty. Put the fact that the man was a southern planter with slaves in the history textbooks; people can run articles on it every President's Day. Make memes about it. Cuss him up and down on USMB. That's enough.

Wow....... you actually mad sense in that post....

Careful....you keep using reason and logic and you will end up voting for Trump.

You better check your inbox, petunia. You missed yesterday's feigned outrage and talking points. Washington was a fucking slave owner and they're going to knock his monument to the ground and if you don't support it you'll be kicked to the curb by the commie party you love.
Mohamed was a slave owner too, so I guess that means the mosques all have to come down too, no?

You can put that in the history books.
These monuments don't celebrate slavery.
The Truth does not matter to these cretins, they will do what they want and backfill the history however they like.
The statue to Robert E Lee was not a celebration of slavery either, but that little Truth does not even slow these ass holes down one little bit.

Would you support adding a plaque to the monuments which explains the facts regarding the
slave ownership the former presidents?
It would never be enough for these entitled racists. They already have a dumpster dedicated to black revisionist history obstructing the view of the Washington monument.

View attachment 349329

It looks like a giant penis.

The feminists probably hate that.
We laugh at it. "My dick's bigger than your dick." But the man it honors is worthy of the tallest structure in D.C. imo.

Forum List

Back