Down Comes The Washington Monument

living lies is all the left does. Blacks are unaware that whites are also treated as low life's in confrontations. And far more often.

You knew it was coming.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are you saying htat this building will be a thing of the past eventually?

HITH-5-things-you-might-not-know-about-the-washington-monument.jpg

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You knew it was coming.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are you saying htat this building will be a thing of the past eventually?

HITH-5-things-you-might-not-know-about-the-washington-monument.jpg

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yup, it's a symbol of white supremacy. They're going to knock it down right in to the reflection pool and tell you it will stop racism.

Would you support adding a plaque to the monuments which explains the facts regarding the
slave ownership the former presidents?

Would you support dissolving the democrat party....since it was the party that owned the slaves, pushed to have slavery spread to states entering the Union, started the Civil War to keep their Black slaves.....democrat party members started the Kkk and the democrat party used the kkk as it's terrorist arm to terrorize and murder freed Blacks and their republican allies.....started jim crow, segregated their socieity, fought against anti-lynching laws, fought against all but the last 2 civil rights acts....

If you support taking down statues to confederate war heroes....then why can't we dissolve the political party those heroes fought to promote......killing over 500,000 people to do it...

With that history of racism, if you want the monument taken down, then the democrat party, and even Yale university need to be destroyed.

George Washington was an able leader of men. He was a good general of our rag tag army of farmers and somehow held them together when the Continental Congress couldn't even keep boots on their feet or pay them for up to a year at a time.

It was also Washington's skill at negotiation that kept the Constitutional Congress on track and maintained a working relationship of compromise that allowed the Constitution to be created.

He was our first President and very mindfully set the precedent for the Executive branch and the office of the President during his eight years.

He deserves the tallest structure in D.C. He was a great leader, and we have a great deal to thank him for.

No, it doesn't need a plaque noting he owned slaves. That should be taught in school, or can be covered by the tour guides, along with other personal tidbits about his life.

Oh....so you support slavery.....good to know.

Would you support adding a plaque to the monuments which explains the facts regarding the

Would you support dissolving the democrat party....since it was the party that owned the slaves, pushed to have slavery spread to states entering the Union, started the Civil War to keep their Black slaves.....democrat party members started the Kkk and the democrat party used the kkk as it's terrorist arm to terrorize and murder freed Blacks and their republican allies.....started jim crow, segregated their socieity, fought against anti-lynching laws, fought against all but the last 2 civil rights acts....

If you support taking down statues to confederate war heroes....then why can't we dissolve the political party those heroes fought to promote......killing over 500,000 people to do it...

With that history of racism, if you want the monument taken down, then the democrat party, and even Yale university need to be destroyed.

Silly nutter.

We call it the Democratic party. And the current Democratic party is the party of racial equality and diversity in this nation.

Your argument is weak and tired. The fact that you return to it so often is just evidence of your low intelligence.

Silly nutter.

We call it the Democratic party. And the current Democratic party is the party of racial equality and diversity in this nation.

Your argument is weak and tired. The fact that you return to it so often is just evidence of your low intelligence.

No......doesn't count........if you tear down statues of the men who fought for the democrat party, then the democrat party is the source of their evil.......

The democrat party is the home of racists of all skin colors now.......all the racists with different skin colors who see big government as the way to attack their race enemies...........

Racism is the sword and shield of the democrat party........

does it change the factual history? So are you for blowing up the country? I mean everyone had slaves who were anyone. It was the way they lived back then. why do you feel if you destroy something that changes? I'm curious.
ma
I have not advocated destroying the Washington monument. Fool.
you asked about a plaque, I asked if it changed anything?

Sure it would. It is fine to say that Washington was a great man who had flaws.

If you were a slave owner, you had a major flaw. Why hide it?
The monument honors him. You don't put the "human flaws" on a monument honoring someone for the outstanding things they did right. What he did was legal, customary and in his day was not even considered a flaw. It might seem outrageous to us now, but we are looking at it from a (fortunately) wholly different perspective. George Washington deserves to be honored for who he was and what he did to help establish this country. I read in one of his biographies that he really didn't want to return to Philadelphia for any politics, either for the Constitutional Convention or to be President. He did it out of a sense of duty. Put the fact that the man was a southern planter with slaves in the history textbooks; people can run articles on it every President's Day. Make memes about it. Cuss him up and down on USMB. That's enough.

George Washington was an able leader of men. He was a good general of our rag tag army of farmers and somehow held them together when the Continental Congress couldn't even keep boots on their feet or pay them for up to a year at a time.

It was also Washington's skill at negotiation that kept the Constitutional Congress on track and maintained a working relationship of compromise that allowed the Constitution to be created.

He was our first President and very mindfully set the precedent for the Executive branch and the office of the President during his eight years.

He deserves the tallest structure in D.C. He was a great leader, and we have a great deal to thank him for.

No, it doesn't need a plaque noting he owned slaves. That should be taught in school, or can be covered by the tour guides, along with other personal tidbits about his life.
Technically he was a not so good general.
He held them together. I wouldn't know anything about tactical stuff.
you should watch the mini series Washington. he got hundreds of thousand men killed due to bad generaling.
Not my cup of tea, I already said.

does it change the factual history? So are you for blowing up the country? I mean everyone had slaves who were anyone. It was the way they lived back then. why do you feel if you destroy something that changes? I'm curious.
ma

The monument honors him. You don't put the "human flaws" on a monument honoring someone for the outstanding things they did right. What he did was legal, customary and in his day was not even considered a flaw. It might seem outrageous to us now, but we are looking at it from a (fortunately) wholly different perspective. George Washington deserves to be honored for who he was and what he did to help establish this country. I read in one of his biographies that he really didn't want to return to Philadelphia for any politics, either for the Constitutional Convention or to be President. He did it out of a sense of duty. Put the fact that the man was a southern planter with slaves in the history textbooks; people can run articles on it every President's Day. Make memes about it. Cuss him up and down on USMB. That's enough.

I disagree with you.

Technically he was a not so good general.
He held them together. I wouldn't know anything about tactical stuff.
you should watch the mini series Washington. he got hundreds of thousand men killed due to bad generaling.
Maybe you should watch it again, since only about 25,000 colonists died in the Revolutionary War, and 70% were from disease.

ma

I disagree with you.
k

Forum List

Back