Down Ballot Races -- Undershooting?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
The Chamber of Commerce in NH doesn't think the GOP incumbent will win. Similar sentiment exists from a wide variety of traditionally GOP sources with regard to other GOP down ballot races. In response to Trump's plummeting appeal among "non-deplorables," non-racists, non-sexists, non-extremists, non-conspiracy theorists, people who can and do read more a tweet, and so on, the Democratic Party has begun to press its case to win Congressional seats.

The question here is this: Do you think the Democratic Party is, pragmatically speaking only, setting its sights too low with regard to its efforts to secure additional seats in the U.S. Congress? Why or why not?

Note:
The discussion here is for folks who can stick to citing verifiable facts and using them to draw well thought out conclusions and inferences based upon just those facts. It's not a thread for discussing what one hopes or wishes will be or is.

Last edited:
Sooo .. you can give your misguided opinions and no one else is suppose to... :laugh:

The Chamber of Commerce in NH doesn't think the GOP incumbent will win. Similar sentiment exists from a wide variety of traditionally GOP sources with regard to other GOP down ballot races. In response to Trump's plummeting appeal among "non-deplorables," non-racists, non-sexists, non-extremists, non-conspiracy theorists, people who can and do read more a tweet, and so on, the Democratic Party has begun to press its case to win Congressional seats.

The question here is this: Do you think the Democratic Party is, pragmatically speaking only, setting its sights too low with regard to its efforts to secure additional seats in the U.S. Congress? Why or why not?

Note:
The discussion here is for folks who can stick to citing verifiable facts and using them to draw well thought out conclusions and inferences based upon just those facts. It's not a thread for discussing what one hopes or wishes will be or is.

I think Trump sets the bar so low that despite everything wikileaks revealed about Hillary's campaign, she's -still- ahead, and with good reason. Doesn't mean I can stomach Hillary though- I support Jill Stein.

Note:

I think Trump sets the bar so low that despite everything wikileaks revealed about Hillary's campaign, she's -still- ahead, and with good reason. Doesn't mean I can stomach Hillary though- I support Jill Stein.

Okay...Nice to know....But what has that to do with the down ballot races or how aggressively or meekly Democrats should pursue trying to unseat incumbent Congressional Republicans?

Note:

Okay...Nice to know....But what has that to do with the down ballot races or how aggressively or meekly Democrats should pursue trying to unseat incumbent Congressional Republicans?

You're right, guilty as charged, I got off topic, I'll cease and desist now ;-).

Note:

You're right, guilty as charged, I got off topic, I'll cease and desist now ;-).

Wimpy Alert.... :disbelief:

The Chamber of Commerce in NH doesn't think the GOP incumbent will win. Similar sentiment exists from a wide variety of traditionally GOP sources with regard to other GOP down ballot races.

Well I guess the only thing to do is cut their support for Trump completely, pick an issue to aggressively stand behind that most of the Trumpees agree with, most independents and most dems too; something visceral, deep and important.

There's one dem issue that 99% of all voters are viciously opposed to. And Trump expressed support FOR...in his own Trump Tower. About two weeks remain to get this one right.

The Chamber of Commerce in NH doesn't think the GOP incumbent will win. Similar sentiment exists from a wide variety of traditionally GOP sources with regard to other GOP down ballot races.

Well I guess the only thing to do is cut their support for Trump completely, pick an issue to aggressively stand behind that most of the Trumpees agree with, most independents and most dems too; something visceral, deep and important.

There's one dem issue that 99% of all voters are viciously opposed to. And Trump expressed support FOR...in his own Trump Tower. About two weeks remain to get this one right.

Come on Silhouette, don't leave us non Trump news junkies all in suspense :p...

Forum List

Back