DOW Closing on 20 January 2017..................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, when the stock market tanked today, I started to wonder if it was going to go lower than what it was when Obama left office. Guess what? If the stock market tanks again tomorrow, it will be LOWER than what it was when Obama left office.

Stock market closing on 20 January 2017? 21,200

Stock Market News for January 20, 2017

Guess what the stock market closed at today? That's right...............21,200. Trump has lost all the stock market gains that happened since he took office.

Anyone else tired of all this winning yet?

How, by any stretch of the imagination, can you expect to make any kind of case here ?

Some people are stupid.

You have taken it to new places.

You morons understand absolutely nothing about the financial indices. Like I've said in other threads, the 1-percenters, market makers and institutional investors are licking their chops at all of the chicken littles that panic sold their investment portfolios at deep discounts over media hysterics. Once those institutional investors and their market-making ilk decide the floor has been reached they will make millions on the stupid knee-jerk reactions of people who make decisions based on media outlets trying to sell newspapers and TV ads by engaging in sensationalism. Sad.

Morgan_Stanley_coronavirus_market_3.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't change the fact that one of Trump's main bragging points about the economy was how well the stock market has been doing, and today it closed at the same level it did the day he took over.

Had my first client to postpone building a house yesterday. Not expecting anyone to step up and replace them.

You know, when the stock market tanked today, I started to wonder if it was going to go lower than what it was when Obama left office. Guess what? If the stock market tanks again tomorrow, it will be LOWER than what it was when Obama left office.

Guess what the stock market closed at today? That's right...............21,200. Trump has lost all the stock market gains that happened since he took office.

This is where I remind the left they have been claiming this is Obama's economy the past 3 years.

Not the blob’s fault. The excuses being made are unfortunate though.

This is where I remind the left they have been claiming this is Obama's economy the past 3 years.

Dunno who on the left you have been talking to, but I said it became Trump's economy back in Feb of 2018 when he got his tax plan passed. It was further cemented that summer when Trump started his trade war with China. Sorry, but this has been Trump's economy for awhile.

You're right, the virus itself isn't Trump's fault. However, the piss poor handling of the situation thus far IS his fault, and he's been screwing the pooch royally on this one. But, then again, he told us he knows more than the generals, scientists and doctors.

You're right, the virus itself isn't Trump's fault. However, the piss poor handling of the situation thus far IS his fault, and he's been screwing the pooch royally on this one. But, then again, he told us he knows more than the generals, scientists and doctors.

Yes.

The response has been full of lies and sad innuendos. The material shortages though...I won’t blame the blob for it just yet. If we’re still talking about testing kit shortages in April....

Yes.

The response has been full of lies and sad innuendos. The material shortages though...I won’t blame the blob for it just yet. If we’re still talking about testing kit shortages in April....

You know, if Trump is such a great deal maker, why can't he get some test kits from places like S. Korea (an ally of ours, and we have military there)? They are able to test THOUSANDS of people per day.

A more accurate picture - stocks surged on November 9th 2016, the day after Trump was elected, and rose steadily after.

STOCKS SURGE AFTER TRUMP WINS: Here's what you need to know

A more accurate picture - stocks surged on November 9th 2016, the day after Trump was elected, and rose steadily after.

STOCKS SURGE AFTER TRUMP WINS: Here's what you need to know

Doesn't change the fact that the markets are at the exact same level they were when Trump took over.

I knew and I posted many times that Trump tying his success to the stock market was a huge mistake. The Trumpers will blame the CV, but the true culprit is the Federal Reserve. They are great at creating bubbles. If Trump gets re-elected (I will vote for him) he likely won’t see the market get back to where it was in January during his second term. Bubbles pop quickly, but recovery is much slower.

Forum List

Back