Double Standard: Black/'woke' privilege compared to Patriots

Check the OP. The topic is not the prison population.

It is true that a higher percentage of black people are incarcerated than white people but then there is a higher percentage of crime, murders, gang activity among black people and against black people by other black people IMO mostly due to the decimation of black families which I blame almost exclusively on bad Democrat policy.

And in the Trump administration the rate of black people incarcerated had fallen to its lowest rate in 30 years and was dropping. I don't know if that is the case now with so much economic chaos.
Your ignorance of the topic is only matched by your ignorance of jury selection where the public defender does next to nothing in terms of presenting a defense for indigent clients; many of whom are black.

The Trump administration only would have handled federal cases you idiot.

Your ignorance of the topic is only matched by your ignorance of jury selection where the public defender does next to nothing in terms of presenting a defense for indigent clients; many of whom are black.

The Trump administration only would have handled federal cases you idiot.
Hahaha….that’s the spin…REALLY!
Have you ever heard of the causation principle? Us legit human beings all learned it by third grade…why didn’t you and dark people?

Is anyone actually defending tbe riots?

And…

Doesn’t the right consider Christians and white nationalists their own special source of votes?
Is anyone actually defending tbe riots?

And…

Doesn’t the right consider Christians and white nationalists their own special source of votes?

Failure to condemn the riots is pretty much defending them.

And no. There are probably as many Christians on the left as there are on the right these days. And I don't know any white nationalists or anybody who knows any white nationalists or defends the concept of white nationalism. Do you?

I will try not to chop it up then :). For me it is just easier to address point by point, just the way my mind works.

I think there are several problems with the constant drawing of comparisons between the Floyd protests and the Jan 6th protest.

Black lives matter are two things. It is an organization and it is also a movement of people who believe police brutality disproportionately targets black people and many of those people don’t belong to BLM, the organization.

The protests themselves were wide spread, not organized by any central group, and despite claims to the contrary were mostly peaceful ( keep in mind these were thousands of protests across the country out of which a small percentage turned violent and destructive).

When you look at the violence, you have a lot of competing factors.

• Protesters intending peaceful protest.
  • Instigaters on both the left and right instigating violence ( Antifa, Proud Boys).
  • Those who just want to take advantageof a situation and commit violence or looting.

Who would you define as domestic terrorists and why?
Is every riot an act of domestic terrorism?

Not being domestic terrorism doesn’t mean those who looted and vandalized should not be punished to full extent of the law, and were. It also doesn’t mean that what they did was in any way acceptable.

For Jan 6…there are similarities and differences.

First, the similarities.

Like the Floyd protests, you had a substantial majority who attended the rally feeling angry at an election loss and fully intending to peacefully and lawfully protest.

Those people attended the rally, and even marched to the Capitol but stopped short of entering, did not breech barricades and did not assault police. In fact, in interviews at the time, they expressed discomfort at tbe direction things were going and left.

The differences.

First, coordination and intent, and second, the elephant in the room, the location. OUR nation’s Capitol.

Among those who broke through, entered the Capital, you also had different categories of people.

You had those carried away in a mob mentality who’s main offense was probably trespassing all the way to those planned for violence, coordinated, and/or intended to to stop the certification of an election (essentially attempting to overthrow an election).

Which would be considered domestic terrorists? IMO, the ones I put in bold. I don’t see any similarity with this subgroup and those involved in the Floyd riots, BLM or Antifa (and that does not mean I condone them, just that it isn’t the same).
This thread though is not specifically about definitions of terrorists or comparing J6 with the BLM/ANTIFA riots of the summer of 2020. It IS about the double standard in the DOJ, media et al treatment of those on the right compared to those on the left.

Failure to condemn the riots is pretty much defending them.

And no. There are probably as many Christians on the left as there are on the right these days. And I don't know any white nationalists or anybody who knows any white nationalists or defends the concept of white nationalism. Do you?
Who failed to condemn them? I saw plenty of condemnation. Most Christians do vote Republican and the GOP puts a lot of effort into getting those votes.

Is failure to condemn white nationalism then defending it?

This thread though is not specifically about definitions of terrorists or comparing J6 with the BLM/ANTIFA riots of the summer of 2020. It IS about the double standard in the DOJ, media et al treatment of those on the right compared to those on the left.

I don’t see how you can talk about a double standard without referencing some of what I said. WHO is at the other end of the so-called double standard?

You mentioned Antifa and BLM. The first question is why should they be treated the same as J6?

Did they commit the same actions or crimes?

There isn’t a double standard. Look at the similarities and differences.

Key difference: one group broke into the Capitol, assaulted, injured and overwhelmed the police, with the stated aim of stopping the certification of the national election. You can’t get around that. It is an unprecedented (in modern times) attack on our democratic values, elections and the concept of peaceful transfer of power. There just isn’t any equivalency Imo. It stands starkly alone.

Another difference, since you reference the DoJ, is that when it came to the Floyd riots (which I don’t see how we can avoid discussing since that is where BLM and Antifa would be involved) is that of jurisdiction. I could be wrong here, so correct me if I am, but doesn’t the DoJ only have jurisdiction over federal law enforcement or criminal or civil cases in which the US has an interest? Clearly an attack on tbe Capitol would qualify.

If there is a double standard, then maybe it is in the way the J6 rioters were treated with kid gloves and allowed to leave. The feds didnfeds didn’t send cars around to kidnap them off the streets without a warrant.

The people being referred to as domestic terrorists are the ones belonging to specific groups who were there in a coordinated effort to foment violence: Oath Keepers and Proud Boys. Most of the others were not.

Who failed to condemn them? I saw plenty of condemnation. Most Christians do vote Republican and the GOP puts a lot of effort into getting those votes.

You are the only one even thinking white nationalism here. Again I don't know a soul who is white nationalist or approves of white nationalism or condones it in any way. I don't believe I've ever seen a leftist accuse BLM and/or ANTIFA of being 'terrorists' or condemning them in any way. Mostly they excuse them because they were angry and that anger was justified.

You are the only one even thinking white nationalism here. Again I don't know a soul who is white nationalist or approves of white nationalism or condones it in any way. I don't believe I've ever seen a leftist accuse BLM and/or ANTIFA of being 'terrorists' or condemning them in any way. Mostly they excuse them because they were angry and that anger was justified.
Maybe we tend to notice notice or give greater importance to things that fit within our own preconceived ideas? We feel something is unfair thus are more sensitized to noticing or even magnifying it? I don’t mean just you, but me and many others as well.

I‘ve seen many leftists condemn Antifa, but BLM is a bit more confusing because it is an organization on the one hand, and a movement independent of the organization on the other. What exactly needs to be condemned? I’ve also seen a lot of condemnation of the riots and very little excusing. But I’ve seen a lot of excusing the J6 .

I don’t know a soul who is Antifa or who approves of them but they keep getting drawn in in outsized proportion to their actual activities.

I don’t consider either Antifa or BLM to be terrorists, but that doesn’t mean I condone them or their actions, I just don’t consider them to be terrorists.

If terrorism is defined as the use of violence to achieve political ends, how would Antifa fit? What is their political goal? They don’t seem to have any. With BLM, they have a political goal, but they don’t espouse the use violence to get there. How are they terrorists?

On the other hand, I do consider the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers to be, based on their coordinated efforts and pre planning for violence and to overthrow the election.

Progs mad up "nationalism". And the world government people are not nice no matter what you spew. Christians are under attack and some of them believe this is the so-called end times. If true, you get to kill them. If not, the old scriptures tell us how people are treated over and over as history does not change. Only the names and the victims and even that may have repeaters.

Maybe we tend to notice notice or give greater importance to things that fit within our own preconceived ideas? We feel something is unfair thus are more sensitized to noticing or even magnifying it? I don’t mean just you, but me and many others as well.

I‘ve seen many leftists condemn Antifa, but BLM is a bit more confusing because it is an organization on the one hand, and a movement independent of the organization on the other. What exactly needs to be condemned? I’ve also seen a lot of condemnation of the riots and very little excusing. But I’ve seen a lot of excusing the J6 .

I don’t know a soul who is Antifa or who approves of them but they keep getting drawn in in outsized proportion to their actual activities.

I don’t consider either Antifa or BLM to be terrorists, but that doesn’t mean I condone them or their actions, I just don’t consider them to be terrorists.

If terrorism is defined as the use of violence to achieve political ends, how would Antifa fit? What is their political goal? They don’t seem to have any. With BLM, they have a political goal, but they don’t espouse the use violence to get there. How are they terrorists?

On the other hand, I do consider the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers to be, based on their coordinated efforts and pre planning for violence and to overthrow the election.
And therein is the double standard.-

I will try not to chop it up then :). For me it is just easier to address point by point, just the way my mind works.

I think there are several problems with the constant drawing of comparisons between the Floyd protests and the Jan 6th protest.

Black lives matter are two things. It is an organization and it is also a movement of people who believe police brutality disproportionately targets black people and many of those people don’t belong to BLM, the organization.

The protests themselves were wide spread, not organized by any central group, and despite claims to the contrary were mostly peaceful ( keep in mind these were thousands of protests across the country out of which a small percentage turned violent and destructive).

When you look at the violence, you have a lot of competing factors.

• Protesters intending peaceful protest.
  • Instigaters on both the left and right instigating violence ( Antifa, Proud Boys).
  • Those who just want to take advantageof a situation and commit violence or looting.

Who would you define as domestic terrorists and why?
Is every riot an act of domestic terrorism?

Not being domestic terrorism doesn’t mean those who looted and vandalized should not be punished to full extent of the law, and were. It also doesn’t mean that what they did was in any way acceptable.

For Jan 6…there are similarities and differences.

First, the similarities.

Like the Floyd protests, you had a substantial majority who attended the rally feeling angry at an election loss and fully intending to peacefully and lawfully protest.

Those people attended the rally, and even marched to the Capitol but stopped short of entering, did not breech barricades and did not assault police. In fact, in interviews at the time, they expressed discomfort at tbe direction things were going and left.

The differences.

First, coordination and intent, and second, the elephant in the room, the location. OUR nation’s Capitol.

Among those who broke through, entered the Capital, you also had different categories of people.

You had those carried away in a mob mentality who’s main offense was probably trespassing all the way to those planned for violence, coordinated, and/or intended to to stop the certification of an election (essentially attempting to overthrow an election).

Which would be considered domestic terrorists? IMO, the ones I put in bold. I don’t see any similarity with this subgroup and those involved in the Floyd riots, BLM or Antifa (and that does not mean I condone them, just that it isn’t the same).
And January 6 was a riot that was really done for no reason. The Floyd protests were about actual police killings.

And therein is the double standard.-
Blacks would not have been able to storm the capital and no excuses would have been made for the black insurrectionists as is being done now. What you guys are doing is another right wing racist false equivalence.

Where's all this "white nationalism"? Ohhhh............its a new liberal negative connotation projection which............there aren't any "white nationalists" but this won't stop libs joining mainstream lib propaganda.

And January 6 was a riot that was really done for no reason. The Floyd protests were about actual police killings.
I don't agree, they both had reasons even if they were bad reasons. Also, when it crosses the line from peaceful protest to violence...no reason matters.

How, specifically?
That you would label anybody entering the capitol building on J6 a terrorist but do not consider people who commit vandalism, arson, assaulting, murdering, blocking traffic, terrorizing home and business owners or just people trying to drive through an area to be terrorists.

Forum List

Back