Dopey Donald has broken the stock market ... Markets plummet as coronavirus cases climb ...

Donald Trump has been feeding the stock market bulls on bullshit and now the market is crashing as the coronavirus exposes Donald Trump's incompetence.

Dopey Donald Trump is now floating payroll tax reductions which will feed the budget deficit demons and render the Federal Government debt uncontrollable.

The only tools Dopey Donald has left are lies, bullshit, spending and debt, but they won't fix the current coronavirus effect on the economy which is likely to cause a recession as the GDP growth turns negative.

Dopey "Donald Trump will soon find lies don’t kill a virus." Honesty and competence are not in Dopey Donald's repertoire.

Column: Markets plummet as coronavirus cases climb; Trump will find lies can’t stop a virus

Markets plummet as coronavirus cases climb; Trump will find lies can’t stop a virus
By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
MAR 09, 2020 | 4:05 PM

President Donald Trump will soon find lies don’t kill a virus.

He can deflect and reassure Americans the novel coronavirus outbreak is “totally under control” until his tweeting fingers are raw, but the virus won’t care. It will spread. Viruses are stubborn like that, best contained by honesty and competence, not bluster. ...

Dopey denizen posts another in his endless "orange man bad" cavalcade of idiotic threads.

I knew he’d get blamed for the virus.

He gets blamed for his own incompetence.
Just as you will for not recognizing as much.
Care to point out what he could have done better?
Do you have a plan to make sure we have enough TP to make it thru this crisis?
How are you going to prevent the spread of diseases if you insist on letting everyone sneak into the country without proper screening?

How are you going to prevent the spread of diseases if you insist on letting everyone sneak into the country without proper screening?

And just think Mud-------------> let us say it costs 10,000 bucks to treat someone with Corona.

Why hell, all the Dems want to give free healthcare to any illegals that can get across the border today, tomorrow, or any day following. And yet, they talk about deficits?!?!?!?!?!?!

Who is kidding who/whom!

Donald Trump has been feeding the stock market bulls on bullshit and now the market is crashing as the coronavirus exposes Donald Trump's incompetence.

Dopey Donald Trump is now floating payroll tax reductions which will feed the budget deficit demons and render the Federal Government debt uncontrollable.

The only tools Dopey Donald has left are lies, bullshit, spending and debt, but they won't fix the current coronavirus effect on the economy which is likely to cause a recession as the GDP growth turns negative.

Dopey "Donald Trump will soon find lies don’t kill a virus." Honesty and competence are not in Dopey Donald's repertoire.

Column: Markets plummet as coronavirus cases climb; Trump will find lies can’t stop a virus

Markets plummet as coronavirus cases climb; Trump will find lies can’t stop a virus
By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |

He can deflect and reassure Americans the novel coronavirus outbreak is “totally under control” until his tweeting fingers are raw, but the virus won’t care. It will spread. Viruses are stubborn like that, best contained by honesty and competence, not bluster. ...

Dopey denizen posts another in his endless "orange man bad" cavalcade of idiotic threads.

You are like the Titanic steaming to your doom and I am slowly turning you from disaster.

What proper screening was that?

At least he was responsible and decreased deficits when times were good...

Hopefully the market will realize it has over-reacted to this thing soon.

It's possible that we could literally talk ourselves into a recession, and we're certainly trying.

What we probably need most is some positive news, and maybe that will wake folks up and calm them down. But it does have to happen soon.

Yea the positive news are going to arrive real soon...but after oil is done collapsing....and after any bussiness that has to do with people gathering or traveling is done posting giant losses...and after parts of the country will get quarantined...and after everyone who was exposed is done sitting at home for two weeks unable to come to work...and after supply chains recover...and after shellshocked bussinesses will start hiring again.

Talking yourself out of reality of a spreading epidemic is not a healthy proposition - we need to face it head on untill there is an effective treatment and/or immunization.

Trump and his "Fake news! Nothing to see here! Don't worry 'bout it! Don't test for it!" is a sad farce, like most of his presidency.

Last edited:

It's possible that we could literally talk ourselves into a recession, and we're certainly trying.

What we probably need most is some positive news, and maybe that will wake folks up and calm them down. But it does have to happen soon.

Yea the positive news are going to arrive real soon...but after oil is done collapsing....and after any bussiness that has to do with people gathering or traveling is done posting giant losses...and after parts of the country will get quarantined...and after everyone who was exposed is done sitting at home for two weeks unable to come to work...and after supply chains recover...and after shellshocked bussinesses will start hiring again.

Talking yourself out of reality of a spreading epidemic is not a healthy proposition - we need to face it head on untill there is an effective treatment and/or immunization.

Trump and his "Fake news! Nothing to see here! Don't worry 'bout it! Don't test for it!" is a sad farce, like most of his presidency.
Although I don't agree with the President's dismissal of the virus, I certainly don't think our current situation will necessitate your doom and gloom scenario either. It feeds panic. Is there no middle road here? Close your eyes or go hysterical? Is that all we've got to choose from?

I'm more hopeful, and I'm not given to making assumptions on how things will play out.

The virus is just the inevitable pin bursting this, by far, most shit filled bubble ever..

I'm more hopeful, and I'm not given to making assumptions on how things will play out.

You really don't see how this plays out without treatment or immunization?

It's happening right in front of you. It ALREADY happened in China. Italy is already on lockdown.

What exactly are you hoping for here? Infection will keep spreading and people are going to hunker down, travel less, be less productive, spending less and a slowing down economy is inevitable for at least next two quarters. What other possibilities are there?

Last edited:
You really don't see how this plays out without treatment or immunization? It's happening right in front of you. It ALREADY happened in China. Italy is on lockdown. What is it that your are hoping for exactly here?
A few things.

I'm hoping that (a) some information I'm reading is correct, and that the virus may largely dissipate during the spring and summer months, that (b) countries will begin reporting soon that the severity of the illness really isn't as bad as some fear, that (c) markets realize soon that they have over-reacted this whole story, that (d) whatever the upcoming fiscal stimulus we'll see will be helpful regardless of what I think of it, that (e) programmed market shorts won't kick in en masse any time soon, that (f) the American economy will be resilient enough to rebound in the spring.

Or some nice combination therein.

And I'm not alone. Institutional investors are apparently setting themselves up for exactly that scenario, which would mean some short term deterioration of markets for the next month or two followed by a strong rebound.

Since I'm not motivated or animated by partisan politics, I'm staying quite positive for now and not hoping for the worst. Even though I'm not a Trump fan.

Last edited:
You really don't see how this plays out without treatment or immunization? It's happening right in front of you. It ALREADY happened in China. Italy is on lockdown. What is it that your are hoping for exactly here?
A few things.

I'm hoping that (a) some information I'm reading is correct, and that the virus may largely dissipate during the spring and summer months, that (b) countries will begin reporting soon that the severity of the illness really isn't as bad as some fear, that (c) markets realize soon that they have over-reacted this whole story, that (d) whatever the upcoming fiscal stimulus we'll see will be helpful regardless of what I think of it, that (e) programmed market shorts won't kick in en masse any time soon, that (f) the American economy will be resilient enough to rebound in the spring.

And I'm not alone. Institutional investors are setting themselves up for exactly that scenario, which would mean some short term deterioration of markets for the next month or two followed by a strong rebound.

Since I'm not motivated or animated by partisan politics, I'm staying quite positive for now and not hoping for the worst. Even though I'm not a Trump fan.

Singapore has summer year long with pretty consistent tempretures of 75/88F in any given month.

They have not been spared from infection spread untill they cracked down hardcore on it.

Singapore's coronavirus response contained outbreak—but is hard to replicate

A few things.

And I'm not alone. Institutional investors are apparently setting themselves up for exactly that scenario, which would mean some short term deterioration of markets for the next month or two followed by a strong rebound.

Investors are anxiously awaiting to get back into the market and buy their stocks back at a lower price. Besides the virus, Russia and Saudi Arabia are having an oil war. Good for gasoline prices, really bad for the stock market, neither of which Trump has control over.

Once we get control over the virus, or it starts to go in reverse during the warmer months, people will see that as a cue to get back in. Once it starts, everybody will get back in the game at once hoping to capitalize on the lower prices.

Coronavirus latest: China records another low in new virus cases

Hopefully the market will realize it has over-reacted to this thing soon. It's possible that we could literally talk ourselves into a recession, and we're certainly trying. What we probably need most is some positive news, and maybe that will wake folks up and calm them down. But it does have to happen soon.
Donald Trump's resignation or imprisonment would be good news.
Well, since neither one of those things are likely to happen, we'll have to look elsewhere, assuming we're hoping for the best.

Like a promise of more tax cuts
Tax cuts they don't need, that will do more harm than good in the long run.

We need to stop artificially propping up the market. Most of the people heavily invest in the stock market are already wealthy. Let's look after the little guy for a change.

Last edited:

By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |

You are like the Titanic steaming to your doom and I am slowly turning you from disaster.

You ARE the Titanic, little dopey denizen.

By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |

So, we are officially past the Barry Hussein economy now?:iyfyus.jpg:

You really don't see how this plays out without treatment or immunization?

It's happening right in front of you. It ALREADY happened in China. Italy is already on lockdown.

What exactly are you hoping for here? Infection will keep spreading and people are going to hunker down, travel less, be less productive, spending less and a slowing down economy is inevitable for at least next two quarters. What other possibilities are there?

Most people require no treatment. Except for a small percentage of the population this virus is little more than the common cold on steroids.

Cannot tell if you think Trump trying to calm everyone is a good idea while the political opportunists in the media are creating panic by calling Trump a liar every chance they get when he does try to calm everyone.

I really cannot tell. Cause from your post, it seems you are thinking it is wise to calm everyone, but I know you don't think Trump does anything right, even though you claim to be an in the middle guy.

So, what do you think?

Forum List

Back