DON'T SAY GAY: Florida High School REMOVES all Pride Flags and Emblems from the Year Book

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

A Florida high school is now censoring yearbook photos of students holding rainbow flags and “love is love” signs following passage of Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law. The law bans discussion of sexual orientation in ALL grades if it’s not “appropriate” (with no definition).

I thought this was for children up to 3rd grade only? Now they're targeting kids in high school? C'mon Florida...

Thoughts?

My own yearbook did not include political messages of any sort. Of the 1500 or so pictures of individual students, not one included political messaging of any sort, nor did random photos taken throughout the year or the photos of various interest groups.

Of course, when I went to school, the idea was to educate students rather than indoctrinate them with a specific political outlook in mind.

A Florida high school is now censoring yearbook photos of students holding rainbow flags and “love is love” signs following passage of Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law. The law bans discussion of sexual orientation in ALL grades if it’s not “appropriate” (with no definition).

I thought this was for children up to 3rd grade only? Now they're targeting kids in high school? C'mon Florida...

Thoughts?

You've been duped. Easily, as always, Skinny.

LOL

• Banned
My own yearbook did not include political messages of any sort. Of the 1500 or so pictures of individual students, not one included political messaging of any sort, nor did random photos taken throughout the year or the photos of various interest groups.

Of course, when I went to school, the idea was to educate students rather than indoctrinate them with a specific political outlook in mind.
I'm pretty sure the students did this to show their support, not because the school forced them to...

the school wouldn't force them to hold up Pride Flags, then edit them out later. Like, what are you even rambling about...

1652281586065.png

Can you handle cleaning it out yourself so you have a little room?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Thoughts?

Schools are afraid of being sued so they ban any reference to homosexuality

Thoughts?

Don't care. Trivial

Thoughts?

removing democrat political slogans and symbols from school is a good thing .

Thoughts?

When kids can have staright pride flags then I'll consider it, till then, fuck any individual group wanting special recognition when others don't get to.

Thoughts?

The original intent of the LGBT movement in the USA was to stop persecution of that communities associates for "crimes against nature." I think I called it right back then when I called it a "consensual crime between willing partners(victimless crime)." Being I was & still am of a classical liberal(Libertarian) philosophy I viewed what goes on between consenting adults in private as anything goes. Where the LGBT community went wrong was trying to turn the original intent of the movement into a leftist political movement. The LGBT community is now seeing parental backlash against them & this backlash is definitely intensifying. The LGBT community would be smart to drop the politick'n & just be content with the fact that they don't get busted anymore for their flavor of sexuality.

Thoughts?

So you wouldn't have a problem if a kid had a flag proclaiming white pride ?

Forum List

Back