Don’t Go To College !

Of course I did and it did.
1635769618352.png

That's the ratio of Leftist profs versus Right.
Homogenous: The Political Affiliations of Elite Liberal Arts College Faculty by Mitchell Langbert | NAS

So I was right the first time. That liberals teach math and science at almost 6 times the rate of conservatives. So is the point is that conservatives don't have the math and science skills to teach math and science?

Not your average home build.

And even if they were there's more of a need for the skilled laborer than there are for architects.

20 architects ain't gonna build shit and you can get a computer program to do most of that stuff architects do now anyway
That's true, if you want to live an "average" home. But if you want something better, you need an architect. Who can design it bigger, better and more efficient.

So I was right the first time. That liberals teach math and science at almost 6 times the rate of conservatives. So is the point is that conservatives don't have the math and science skills to teach math and science?

Amazing......I provided a remedial course, and you still get it wrong.

The stereotypical Biden voter.

That's true, if you want to live an "average" home. But if you want something better, you need an architect. Who can design it bigger, better and more efficient.

No you don't. You can buy blue prints for just about any style of home you want.

I could build a 5000 sf home just as easily as a 1200 sf home.

I'm no architect I and designed our home and ran the crew that built it. I did all the wiring and plumbing except the HVAC and gas lines and the service hook up..

One of the few left in the country no doubt.
If you're not from New England you may not know that Lexington is one of the wealthier towns in Massachusetts. Lexington High School has a very high rate of graduates who go on to four-year colleges, almost every year featuring several students accepted to Ivy League schools.

However:

New construction of vocational high schools is proceeding apace across the Bay State and across the country. There are long waiting lists for students who want to apply.

If you're not from New England you may not know that Lexington is one of the wealthier towns in Massachusetts. Lexington High School has a very high rate of graduates who go on to four-year colleges, almost every year featuring several students accepted to Ivy League schools.

However:

New construction of vocational high schools is proceeding apace across the Bay State and across the country. There are long waiting lists for students who want to apply.
Long because it takes forever to build them.

Nothing like finally realizing that getting rid of shop and Voc schools was a mistake. All those of us who ever worked the trades have known that all along but it took a long time for all those administrators with their college degrees to figure that out I guess.

5. If you’d rather take on a monumental task, rather than
a.Work hard in high school and prepare for your SATs.

b. Apply to the finest universities you have a shot at attending.

c. Take a copy of your best SAT score, and the acceptance from the best of the schools you’ve applied to, and take them to the job interview.

Both yours and the employer’s problem is solved.

You’ve shown your potential, sans debt or the other problem.

Professor Gad Saad, ever the optimist, envisions a fix for universities:

“While civil and aeronautical engineers are constrained by physical laws when designing bridges and planes, the humanities professors spreading anti-science, anti-logic idea pathogens are impervious to downstream ill effects. These professors have created a university culture where insanity is rewarded. This must stop.

Every one of us prefers talking with people who share our opinions. That is an indelible part of human nature. But our minds are elevated when we discuss opposing points of view respectfully. This should be a major focus of our universities. Similarly, our universities should recommit themselves to the pursuit of aca- demic excellence and kick identity politics (and its cult of “diversity, inclusion, and equity”) into the dustbin of history. No one should have to apologize for being white, male, Christian, or heterosexual—or feel “pride” in their sexual orientation.

And the first step might be to fight back against unconstitutional speech codes and delimited free speech zones. Under the Constitution, the entire United States is a free speech zone. Say no to the thought police, expose your mind to a heterogeneity of thoughts and perspectives, and engage with people who might question your positions.”

Gad Saad, “The Parasitic Mind”

I spent a career in Engineering and the ability to crunch numbers only got you so far.
You need to be able to write coherently, speak in other than geek mode, you need to be able to interrelate with others and work as a team.
In IT, we used to refer to those as soft skills. In the early days of IT, you could be a troll, but if you knew how to spell C, they would put you in a back office where no one would have to talk to you and you would just crank out code. That's done now by a code generator and pre-built code blocks.

Apprenticeships can be good but don’t teach you theory.
You can learn to drive a nail without a course on how to use a hammer.
Many trades should require a school component such as HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing
And that component shouldn't take 4 years and cost $200,000.

6. There is this clear and evident truth, yet far too may are willing to pay thousands of dollars to be inundated with Democrat’s/Progressive’s lies:

“Immutable characteristics
should not be the subject of either pride or shame, and we should neither inculcate or placate an ethos of perpetual victimhood and indignant offence. We should stop coddling students and provide no allowances for trigger warnings or safe spaces, no indulgence for the foolishness of “cultural appropriation” or “microaggressions.” These are nonsensical concepts that embolden weakness and fragility.

Instead, foster an environment that promotes intellectual and emotional strength.”
Gad Saad, “The Parasitic Mind”

Instead, this is what our universities turn out today:

Pew found that 40 percent of Millennials “say the government should be able to prevent people publicly making statements that are offensive to minority groups.” Compare that with 27 percent for Generation Xers and 24 percent for Baby Boomers. Making the data even more alarming is that it was gathered in 2015; one can only presume that the percentage today, especially among Generation Z, is even higher.

What does our culture value? One recent survey found that a majority of college students support shouting down speakers with whom they disagree; 23 percent supported the use of violence toward this end. At some colleges, the percentage supporting such violence crept into the 40s.”

I'm not just talking about the new schools. There are long waiting lists for existing voc/tech schools now. That's why more schools are being built.
Like i said it took too long for all those college educated school administrators to realize getting rid of shop classes and closing voc schools was a mistake

7. Let's remember what could be and should be, if we could remove all Democrats from power in the colleges.

… John Ellison, dean of students in the College at the University of Chicago, in his welcoming letter to the class of 2020:

"Members of our community are encouraged to speak, write, listen, challenge, and learn, without fear of censorship. Civility and mutual respect are vital to all of us, and freedom of expression does not mean the freedom to harass or threaten others. You will find that we expect members of our community to be engaged in rigorous debate, discussion, and even disagreement. At times this may challenge you and even cause discomfort.

Our commitment to academic freedom means that we do not support so- called “trigger warnings,” we do not cancel invited speakers because their topics might prove controversial, and we do not condone the creation of intellectual “safe spaces” where individuals can retreat from ideas and perspectives at odds with their own.

Fostering the free exchange of ideas reinforces a related University priority—building a campus that welcomes people of all backgrounds. Diversity of opinion and background is a fundamental strength of our community. The members of our community must have the freedom to espouse and explore a wide range of ideas.”

Can I get an "Amen!"

Forum List

Back