don't forget y'all cruz was born in canada to canadian parents, that may come up before november.

should the supreme court hear natural born ??

• yea

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • nea

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
just saying folks, the democrats play nasty.

Clause 5: Qualifications for office[edit]

Beginning of the clause in the 1787 document
Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

See also: Natural-born citizen and President of the United States
By the time of their inauguration, the President and Vice President must be:

• natural born citizens
  • at least 35 years old
  • inhabitants of the United States for at least fourteen years.

In this 1944 poster, Franklin Roosevelt(left) successfully campaigned for a fourth term. He was the only President who served more than two terms.
Eligibility for holding the office of President and Vice-President were modified by subsequent amendments:

• The Twelfth Amendment (1804) requires the Vice-President to meet all of the qualifications of being President.
  • The Twenty-second Amendment (1951) prevents a President from being elected more than twice

Yeah, and that's what has me think demos want to sabotage with using Cruz than Trump. Not to mention Cruz actually was born in Canada. Not on a naval base or something related to that either.

Yeah, and that's what has me think demos want to sabotage with using Cruz than Trump. Not to mention Cruz actually was born in Canada. Not on a naval base or something related to that either.

To an American mother.

made him a US citizen at birth

To an American mother.

Where in the constitution does it say that. Especially to let the liberals know.

Not the liberals raising the fuss.

It's The Donald

To an American mother.

Where in the constitution does it say that. Especially to let the liberals know.

It's The Donald

Or McCain? Oh wait McCain can't stand him out on the senate.

Canada and Cruz ain't no problem.

Look at Kansas and Maine's caucuses today.

Canada and Cruz ain't no problem.

Look at Kansas and Maine's caucuses today.
but they're just caucuses keyman. i hope the kind and gentle democrat political operatives just let the natural born thing go, they probably will.

To an American mother.

It's The Donald
you know... he's parlayed his fame and skill into spending very little money to achieve his objective, he conserved his money. i wonder if being conservative with America pocketbook wouldn't be a good thing. he hasn't started yet to deal with hillary.

To an American mother.

It's The Donald
you know... he's parlayed his fame and skill into spending very little money to achieve his objective, he conserved his money. i wonder if being conservative with America pocketbook wouldn't be a good thing. he hasn't started yet to deal with hillary.

Oh Trump can and will spend on his campaign. And he can spend very very much on it if he wants to.

I would like the Supreme Court to take it up but would prefer a change to the constitution to remove the language altogether. I'd replace it with the requirement that the person has to have been a U.S. citizen for the past 35 years.

I think Trump was born in Scotland. That's where his mom was from. :popcorn:

Naval bases aren't US soil anyway. So it wouldn't matter.

- Cruz was born in Canada to a US Citizen Mother.

- McCain was born in Panama to a US Citizen Mother.

- Even if Obama was born in Kenya, it was to a US Citizen Mother.

Its a little more complicated that that. But its also moot. As Obama was born in Hawaii.

Its a little more complicated that that. But its also moot. As Obama was born in Hawaii.

In any of the scenarios, if one of the parents is a US Citizen and the child is born outside of the U.S., he/she is eligible to be President. There is nothing complicated about it.

Forum List

Back