Done! Well, except for staining it all

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210605_130946.jpg

Almost 6 months to finish.... and holy hell it's too hot for this shit and it isn't even summer full on yet. Nice in the shade tho.

View attachment 497639

Almost 6 months to finish.... and holy hell it's too hot for this shit and it isn't even summer full on yet. Nice in the shade tho.
Now it's time to replace the rotting wood that never got a finish coat of sealer. Looks nice, I used to disassemble many decks on jobs before building a new one and take the old one home and build a large array of decks around the house...

• Banned
View attachment 497639

Now it's time to replace the rotting wood that never got a finish coat of sealer. Looks nice, I used to disassemble many decks on jobs before building a new one and take the old one home and build a large array of decks around the house...
Gonna power wash it before staining and if it still looks bad cover it with skirt boards. We took down everything but the frame, didn't want to start from scratch.

View attachment 497639

Gonna power wash it before staining and if it still looks bad cover it with skirt boards. We took down everything but the frame, didn't want to start from scratch.
I could never pass up a free deck, since my operation in 2017 I have not built a one..or a slanty shanty shack to store stuff in the field mice find useful.

View attachment 497639

I built almost the same exact deck back in late 1980s. Sold the house two years after. The buyers raved about the deck on the walk through. A year after they moved in they removed all my fruit trees from the back yard ripped out the deck and painted the place pink. I felt like strangling them. They fucked that house up good.

• Banned
At the price of wood it is now more economical to make decks from concrete.
I considered a large patio but I plan to put in French doors at some point. Plus my dog is getting older and if he wants to hang out with me on the deck he doesn't have to go down any stairs to do so. Only down side is no fire/grill pit in the center of the area...

View attachment 497639

I built almost the same exact deck back in late 1980s. Sold the house two years after. The buyers raved about the deck on the walk through. A year after they moved in they removed all my fruit trees from the back yard ripped out the deck and painted the place pink. I felt like strangling them. They fucked that house up good.
One reason why I never drive by my first house I bought in 1986 and sold in 2001..

I considered a large patio but I plan to put in French doors at some point. Plus my dog is getting older and if he wants to hang out with me on the deck he doesn't have to go down any stairs to do so. Only down side is no fire/grill pit in the center of the area...
Fire pits are popular but not the prices when I build them.

I would have built one with a stone oven. Really wanted to but I have to be practical ya know

View attachment 497639

One reason why I never drive by my first house I bought in 1986 and sold in 2001..
I drove by that same house recently heard it had switched hands again. The new owners have it looking sharp again but ya that can be frustrating to see all your blood sweat and tears treated that way.

I would have built one with a stone oven. Really wanted to but I have to be practical ya know
I built one with an oven and they hardly use it, for a while it was another fad going around till Covid came to town.

View attachment 497639

I drove by that same house recently heard it had switched hands again. The new owners have it looking sharp again but ya that can be frustrating to see all your blood sweat and tears treated that way.
What can you say you are not there anymore., where I live now is a struggle to keep the trees and vines from taking over.

View attachment 497639

I did that before to my deck and fence. Two coats with weather protector if I remember correctly. Used a sprayer for the most part. It was alot of work (especially the fence) but it still looks pretty good after a decade.

View attachment 497639

What can you say you are not there anymore., where I live now is a struggle to keep the trees and vines from taking over.
Yep, every time I battle the vines of ivy mixed with poisonous ivy in the backyard I have to stop myself from cussing and think- vines or more neighbors...not really a tough call lol

View attachment 497639

I was separated for four years. My wife had control of the house while I was gone. I got it back in February and she had done much worse than those idiots back then I have spent every waking moment since February erasing her stupidity and started walking buyers through yesterday. It is finally better but I wonder what my blood pressure was for all of those months. Due to the divorce I had very little funds to repair and replace. I had to resurface just about everything. The labor involved was ridiculous. I went through more Dimond pads for natural stone and sand paper for wood and drywall than you can imagine. I just don't know what goes through angry people's minds. This was her house also. If this is a statement on who she is inside she is a very ugly person under her skin. Oh well couple weeks and this nightmare is over and on to bigger and better things. Look forward to seeing my boat dock up on the lake from my three seasons room up there. The best revenge is living well and that is what I plan to do!

View attachment 497639

I was separated for four years. My wife had control of the house while I was gone. I got it back in February and she had done much worse than those idiots back then I have spent every waking moment since February erasing her stupidity and started walking buyers through yesterday. It is finally better but I wonder what my blood pressure was for all of those months. Due to the divorce I had very little funds to repair and replace. I had to resurface just about everything. The labor involved was ridiculous. I went through more Dimond pads for natural stone and sand paper for wood and drywall than you can imagine. I just don't know what goes through angry people's minds. This was her house also. If this is a statement on who she is inside she is a very ugly person under her skin. Oh well couple weeks and this nightmare is over and on to bigger and better things. Look forward to seeing my boat dock up on the lake from my three seasons room up there. The best revenge is living well and that is what I plan to do!
I gave both my ex wives everything they wanted in the divorces. NOTHING is worth the stress of dealing with a petulant, angry woman. NOTHING.
It can all be replaced

Forum List

Back