Dominion Had To Use ‘Extraordinary Measures’ To Serve Sidney Powell In Defamation Lawsuit

I like what they are doing. Dominion is going after them all. The bandwagon is full of target Still I do not see that Trump's has not also been named.

I can imagine Powell knows how to evade summons. I hope she has better luck with her own cases than she did with Trump as a client.

Then again I hear Trump is having problems getting top quality lawyers after his 4 year trip to Washington and he really is going to need them in the next few years.

I bet most will be settled out of court with some type of exchange of money.

Dominion Voting Systems had to hire private investigators and employ other costly measures to serve attorney Sidney Powell in its defamation case against her after she “evaded” their summons, the company said in a court filing Tuesday, as the former Trump campaign attorney faces multiple billion-dollar legal challenges for spreading an outlandish conspiracy theory that its voting machines were manipulated to steal the presidential election.

KEY FACTS
  • Dominion filed a court document Tuesday saying it would not oppose Powell’s request for additional time to respond to their defamation claims against her, which allege Powell knowingly harmed the company by making up false claims that their voting machines fraudulently flipped votes to swing the election to Joe Biden.
  • The voting machine maker said it would not oppose the motion as a “professional courtesy” to Powell’s counsel, but noted the request for more time came after Powell “evaded service of process for weeks” and caused Dominion to “incur unnecessary expenses” for the measures they had to take to serve her with their lawsuit.
  • These “extraordinary measures” included “hiring private investigators and pursuing Powell across state lines,” Dominion attorney Thomas Clare wrote, as legal plaintiffs are typically required to serve the people they’re suing in person in order to begin proceedings against them.
  • Powell also “refused to respond to requests” for waivers that could have given her more time to respond to the complaint, Clare noted.
  • Dominion filed its lawsuit against Powell on Jan. 8, but court documents show Powell was not officially served the summons against her until Jan. 28, nearly three weeks later.
  • Powell’s attorney Howard Kleinhendler told Forbes in an email that Powell “did not evade service” as Dominion alleged, saying she frequently travels for work and “has had to take extra precautions concerning her security, which may have made serving her more difficult.”

You know, if Krack-pot Powell had absolute "proof" that there was fraud against her beloved leader Rump, you would think she would welcome the lawsuit, no? I mean, the other chuckle-head pillow-guy ran a two-hour documentary claiming he had evidence. Shouldn't these nitwits be suing Dominion instead of the other way around?

The defendant owed the plaintiff no duty to make serving them cheap or easy.
Sure but these chuckle-heads have been going around claiming that they had "evidence" but no one was giving them a hearing in court so when a law-suit does appear on their doorstep, you would think that they would welcome it instead of evading it, no?

Or, does that kind of logic fly over the heads of trumptards?

Burden is on the Plaintiff.

All of this is a great example of why elections in our country should never be handled by private companies who hide behind privacy exemptions when it comes to their systems. If our election methods can't be readily examined and scrutinized, then it just leads to all kinds of problems.

I'm in no way suggesting the election was rigged, or not rigged. I'm simply saying having a voting system that is beyond examination because the owning company cites privacy concerns, should never happen.

I all u.s. elections, the system, method of tabulation, and all records should be fully examineable to ensure transparency and leave no doubt about the integrity of the process.

All of this is a great example of why elections in our country should never be handled by private companies who hide behind privacy exemptions when it comes to their systems.
No it isn't. Nobody should feel compelled to soothe people whose fear is based on nauseating lies. You are being conned by people who want an excuse to pass legislation that hurts turnout. Nothing more.

All of this is a great example of why elections in our country should never be handled by private companies who hide behind privacy exemptions when it comes to their systems.
No it isn't. Nobody should feel compelled to soothe people whose fear is based on nauseating lies. You are being conned by people who want an excuse to pass legislation that hurts turnout. Nothing more.
Huh? I said no such thing. All I said is that we shouldn't put the trust of our election systems in the hands of a company who, when asked, says "no, you can't scrutinize our system because of privacy concerns".

How does that hurt turnout in an election? Don't you want our elections to be fully transparent to ensure everything was conducted fairly? This would help everyone out, from both sides, when results come into question, now, and into the future.

I just don't see how thats a bad thing.

Dominion Voting Systems had to hire private investigators and employ other costly measures to serve attorney Sidney Powell in its defamation case against her after she “evaded” their summons, the company said in a court filing Tuesday
Welcome to litigation, twat monkeys.

What a fucking joke.

This is an excuse for delay by Dominion. They don't want this going forward.

Dominion Voting Systems had to hire private investigators and employ other costly measures to serve attorney Sidney Powell in its defamation case against her after she “evaded” their summons, the company said in a court filing Tuesday, as the former Trump campaign attorney faces multiple billion-dollar legal challenges for spreading an outlandish conspiracy theory that its voting machines were manipulated to steal the presidential election.

KEY FACTS
  • Dominion filed a court document Tuesday saying it would not oppose Powell’s request for additional time to respond to their defamation claims against her, which allege Powell knowingly harmed the company by making up false claims that their voting machines fraudulently flipped votes to swing the election to Joe Biden.
  • The voting machine maker said it would not oppose the motion as a “professional courtesy” to Powell’s counsel, but noted the request for more time came after Powell “evaded service of process for weeks” and caused Dominion to “incur unnecessary expenses” for the measures they had to take to serve her with their lawsuit.
  • These “extraordinary measures” included “hiring private investigators and pursuing Powell across state lines,” Dominion attorney Thomas Clare wrote, as legal plaintiffs are typically required to serve the people they’re suing in person in order to begin proceedings against them.
  • Powell also “refused to respond to requests” for waivers that could have given her more time to respond to the complaint, Clare noted.
  • Dominion filed its lawsuit against Powell on Jan. 8, but court documents show Powell was not officially served the summons against her until Jan. 28, nearly three weeks later.
  • Powell’s attorney Howard Kleinhendler told Forbes in an email that Powell “did not evade service” as Dominion alleged, saying she frequently travels for work and “has had to take extra precautions concerning her security, which may have made serving her more difficult.”

You know, if Krack-pot Powell had absolute "proof" that there was fraud against her beloved leader Rump, you would think she would welcome the lawsuit, no? I mean, the other chuckle-head pillow-guy ran a two-hour documentary claiming he had evidence. Shouldn't these nitwits be suing Dominion instead of the other way around?
Conservatives are fundamentally cowards.

Dominion Voting Systems had to hire private investigators and employ other costly measures to serve attorney Sidney Powell in its defamation case against her after she “evaded” their summons, the company said in a court filing Tuesday

What a fucking joke.

They ( Dominion ) are the ones chasing Powell down to get her sorry ass into court and yet they ( Dominion) don’t want this to go forward?

When Powell and the others fail to defend their nonsense in court what will you say then?

Let me guess it will be deep state silencing the truth seekers and Texas must leave the damn Union!

Huh? I said no such thing. All I said is that we shouldn't put the trust of our election systems in the hands of a company who, when asked, says "no, you can't scrutinize our system because of privacy concerns".

How does that hurt turnout in an election? Don't you want our elections to be fully transparent to ensure everything was conducted fairly? This would help everyone out, from both sides, when results come into question, now, and into the future.

Recounts were done and both political parties agreed that there was not enough fraud to overturn the election, so how much more do you need to be shown that this election was fairly done?

Recounts were done and both political parties agreed that there was not enough fraud to overturn the election, so how much more do you need to be shown that this election was fairly done?
My post wasn't talking about the election, whether or not it had fraud. My post was about turning over our elections to a private company and then not being able to examine the data if need be.

KEY FACTS

The defendant owed the plaintiff no duty to make serving them cheap or easy.
Sure but these chuckle-heads have been going around claiming that they had "evidence" but no one was giving them a hearing in court so when a law-suit does appear on their doorstep, you would think that they would welcome it instead of evading it, no?

Or, does that kind of logic fly over the heads of trumptards?
They are not getting a hearing in court because the courts are complicit with the people who stole the election. If not complicit then compromised or intimidated. No one wants the public to see the evidence, censorship and a news blackout have accomplished that.

#stopthesqueal

All the courts have public records of how each one the cases were dispensed.
And there are ways around our laws or this fraud would have been rightfully exposed and investigated. Your are only reinforcing my argument that there is corruption.

We couldn't find your fraud, so that just proves you cheated!

More Trumpy_Berra_isms

Just keep um coming......
Plenty of fraud, was found your statement is a lie.
Would you like me to post some examples?

Better luck next time!

All of this is a great example of why elections in our country should never be handled by private companies who hide behind privacy exemptions when it comes to their systems. If our election methods can't be readily examined and scrutinized, then it just leads to all kinds of problems.

I think Dominion's system has a paper trail that can and was used to audit the votes in various contested states.

Unlike for instance, Texas, who's old system does not produce a paper trail.

All I said is that we shouldn't put the trust of our election systems in the hands of a company who, when asked, says "no, you can't scrutiniz
It's not a problem and never has been a problem. This is a talking point being disseminated by people who want to legislate lower voter turnout. Nothing more. Whatever your motivations are. Maybe, likely, they are different. I dont know. no offense, but i dont care. I know what the real purpose of this messaging is.

What a fucking joke.

They ( Dominion ) are the ones chasing Powell down to get her sorry ass into court and yet they ( Dominion) don’t want this to go forward?

When Powell and the others fail to defend their nonsense in court what will you say then?

Let me guess it will be deep state silencing the truth seekers and Texas must leave the damn Union!
You know COCKSUCKING SHIT about litigation.

They don't have to track her down. I am not wasting the time to explain to you fucking pussies.

I think Dominion's system has a paper trail that can and was used to audit the votes in various contested states.

Unlike for instance, Texas, who's old system does not produce a paper trail.
Ok, let me make this more clear, perhaps I wasn't saying it properly.

There should be no part of a u.s. election that should be privately ran, where methods of obtaining vote counts are hidden from both the states and the people. Only state owned and operated voting systems should be allowed. This means states can hire a company to create a voting system for the state, but when the state pays for it, that system becomes the sole property of the state.

Let's put it this way, if dominion would have allowed then to analyze their systems, it would have put to bed a lot of these theories. However, since dominion refused, it actually created more theories.

Once again, do people not want full transparency? Imagine if Biden had lost, what would the left be saying then? Probably the same things those on the right are saying.

A fully transparent system ensures election integrity for everyone.

All I said is that we shouldn't put the trust of our election systems in the hands of a company who, when asked, says "no, you can't scrutiniz
It's not a problem and never has been a problem. This is a talking point being disseminated by people who want to legislate lower voter turnout. Nothing more. Whatever your motivations are. Maybe, likely, they are different. I dont know. no offense, but i dont care. I know what the real purpose of this messaging is.
Please explain how being able to analyze a vote system would affect voter turnout.

Also, what is the real purpose of this messaging?

Please explain how being able to analyze a vote system would affect voter turnout.
No need, as that isn't my claim. That's the bait for the bait and switch. The Republicans, instead of trying to appeal to more voters, want to decrease turnout. And they are going to use the insecurity fomented by this silly doubt in the machines to do other things to suppress turnout. They have already started. And there is not a single reason to think the machines caused any significant problems. So this is a package con put forth by them, and i wont legitimize it. You can, if you like.

There is a reason why states like Georgia, a key state in the steal, spent millions of dollars to buy up Dominion
vote changing machines for every country in the state: Dominion makes election fraud so easy to commit.

Where are all the links to left sources that were warning against Dominion in early 2020?
They've all been erased and sent down the memory hole.

“The findings in Antrim County, where the error rate was a mind-blowing 68%, the ballot rejection rate was 82%, and software security records and adjudication files were missing,in violation of state and federal laws, are nothing short of mind-blowing.The evidence of fraud is undisputable.“The records for security changes, adjudication processes, and systems files that would show remote internet access to the voting systems,were foundto be missing from the Antrim County systems. Such information is in place for previouselection years, but not for 2020, violation of Michigan state law MCL 168.811 requiring retention of voting records for 22 months.Electionsoftware is certified for the entire state, and thus, the error rates and rejectionrates of Antrim County’s software, can be expected to be replicated across all Dominion machines throughout Michiganas they should be running the exact same software systems.“Further to hiding the true vote count from the Michigan votes, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson issued a directive on December 1, 2020, for all County Clerks in Michigan todestroy the evidence of voting processes by deleting electronic voting data and recordsby December 8, 2020. We now know what evidence they are seeking to destroy–massive movement and miscounting of Michigancitizens’votes –and that they are doing so in violation of state law."

In lawsuits there is a thing called 'Discovery"

We have seen liars and cheaters on the Left cover their tracks repeatedly.
In fact, it is their mode of operation. Tons of examples exist. The Broward Supervisor of elections illegally burning ballots in 2012 for example in a democrat fortress.

Democrats have been playing dirty for so long (and getting away with it thanks to a cooperative Establishment) that they no longer feel obligated to follow ANY rules.

No need, as that isn't my claim. That's the bait for the bait and switch. The Republicans, instead of trying to appeal to more voters, want to decrease turnout. And they are going to use the insecurity fomented by this silly doubt in the machines to do other things to suppress turnout. They have already started. And there is not a single reason to think the machines caused any significant problems. So this is a package con put forth by them, and i wont legitimize it. You can, if you like.
Ok, forget this election. I'm talking about in future elections. Seems any doubts about election integrity would be fomenting by having accusations of election fraud because the systems can't be analyzed. If we had systems owned and operated by state agencies and not private companies, seems like you'd have less uncertainty.

Forum List

Back