DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby For Smuggling Ancient Iraqi Artifacts

Why would anyone but a deranged partisan hack defend Hobby Lobby over this?

The defenders of Hobby Lobby seem to be making the argument "well it's better that people steal antiquities and works of art for themselves so they preserve these items and keep them from their rightful owners.

Yeah the Germans in WW2 felt the same way, they stole everything they could get their hands on. Ahh, but they were just humanitarians.

The owners of Hobby Lobby should be prosecuted and sent to prison as are all criminals that steal priceless artifacts. That Hobby Lobby stole 5,500 items should mean they lock them up and throw away the key.
The difference is, isis is not the rightful owner of these artifacts. The minute isis did this

Iraq's oldest Christian monastery destroyed by Islamic State - BBC News

Hobby Lobby got the moral right to save these artifacts.

Trump screws many middle class contractors out of payment for services they provided.

There you go cons, defend that piece of shit too. "Oh he was forcing them into bankruptcy for their own good".

I love it when liberals mock Christians, since there are millions of Christians in the Democratic party. Now that's dumb!

since there are millions of Christians in the Democratic party

is there

normal folks are leaving the party in droves

the majority wanted to ban god from the dnc

I love it when liberals mock Christians, since there are millions of Christians in the Democratic party. Now that's dumb!

is there

Blacks and Hispanics are overwhelmingly Christian, that must really piss off the left.

Lib please the godless heathen liberals hate Christians, here's a quote from the thread, "It's the "Christian" way."

Notice the "christian" in quotes. Just like when Trump put "wiretap" in quotes. It actually means the opposite of what it looks like.

is there

Blacks and Hispanics are overwhelmingly Christian, that must really piss off the left.

they only want them for a stepping stone anyhow

I was wondering why the OP's employer would have him post this; then I saw that it was an anti-Christian effort.

Please explain what makes Hobby Lobby Christian? Did it love thy neighbor, or steal from it.

Read the OP, moron.

I did. Did you?

BTW, it is customary afix your signature and capitalize your name to the line below the text. For example:

Read the OP,

Moron

OP is clear about it's anti-Christian spin. I can't cure you of your idiocy.

Nope, you can't cure that, that does not exist.

Lib please the godless heathen liberals hate Christians, here's a quote from the thread, "It's the "Christian" way."

Notice the "christian" in quotes. Just like when Trump put "wiretap" in quotes. It actually means the opposite of what it looks like.

Riiiiight libs don't abort millions of babies and engage in other vile anti Christian behavior. /sarcasm Libs stand there, mouth full of cookie, cookie crumbs all down their shirt, and claim they didn't sneak a cookie its hilarious. :laugh:

So why isn't Hobby Lobby kidnapping Iraqi and Syrian children to save them from ISIS?

Is that their moral right to save them from ISIS? To illegally smuggle them into the USA for their own safety?

SPOT ON!!!

If hobby lobby was smuggling endangered children into the USA, I would respect that as the christian thing to do. I've heard of charities like "save the children" not steal the artifacts.

This is why I call these people and most 'conservative Kristians' kristians with a k. They are not Christians, they elevate hypocrisy to new levels.

Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

They smuggled 5,500 antiquities out of Iraq? This is destruction of antiquities on the level of Isis. How immoral and debauched these people at Hobby Lobby have to be to destroy the history of an entire culture dating back to the beginning of human history. They have committed crimes against humanity and should be charged with such.

How is it a destruction of artifacts? I doubt they went all that trouble to destroy them. ISIS would had destroyed them. Sounds like they were trying to save them because no one else was trying to, and they would had put them in their museum. They should still be fined though if it wasn't done through proper channels.

'wasn't done through proper channels'

I am surprised there is no criminal prosecution.

The President of Hobby Lobby knew about the purchase of these items- and was warned that they might have been obtained illegally.

Then they were shipped to the United States in a fraudulent manner- intentionally misdeclaring the value and description of the items - and perhaps intentionally misdeclaring the country of origin.

People have been sent to jail for doing this kind of thing.

This is not a 'Christian' thing- these people intentionally broke American law- I don't understand why the company is just being fined- and not criminally prosecuted.

This is why I call these people and most 'conservative Kristians' kristians with a k. They are not Christians, they elevate hypocrisy to new levels.

Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

They smuggled 5,500 antiquities out of Iraq? This is destruction of antiquities on the level of Isis. How immoral and debauched these people at Hobby Lobby have to be to destroy the history of an entire culture dating back to the beginning of human history. They have committed crimes against humanity and should be charged with such.

How is it a destruction of artifacts? I doubt they went all that trouble to destroy them. ISIS would had destroyed them. Sounds like they were trying to save them because no one else was trying to, and they would had put them in their museum. They should still be fined though if it wasn't done through proper channels.

'wasn't done through proper channels'

I am surprised there is no criminal prosecution.

The President of Hobby Lobby knew about the purchase of these items- and was warned that they might have been obtained illegally.

Then they were shipped to the United States in a fraudulent manner- intentionally misdeclaring the value and description of the items - and perhaps intentionally misdeclaring the country of origin.

People have been sent to jail for doing this kind of thing.

This is not a 'Christian' thing- these people intentionally broke American law- I don't understand why the company is just being fined- and not criminally prosecuted.

If convicted the owners of Hobby Lobby ought to jailed, placed on probation, and as a condition of probation be required to pay for 1,000 Wedding Cakes for Gay and or Lesbian couples, only then can they be paroled and released on supervised probation.

Throwing gays off rooftops was the only decent thing Isis ever did.

Not because they are gay. Because they are obnoxious.

Hobby Lobby taking those artifacts might have been the only thing that saved them. Isis was destroying Iraq's history as fast as they could find the artifacts.

Our left doesn't like preservation of history because they are destroying ours. Two peas in a pod. Isis and leftists.

Thank God for Hobby Lobby.

The artifacts had already been smuggled out of Iraq.

The President of Hobby Lobby inspected them- and was warned by a hired Hobby Lobby expert that these might be illegally obtained artifacts- but bought them anyway.

And then illegally smuggled them into the United States- breaking the law by a) falsely declaring that they were 'samples' and 'clay tiles' rather than their correct descriptions, b) falsely declaring their value and c) by falsely declaring their country of origin.

Thank God U.S. Customs was doing its job and combating this type of criminal behavior.

Christian criminals and Hobby Lobby- two peas in the pod.

Throwing gays off rooftops was the only decent thing Isis ever did.

Not because they are gay. Because they are obnoxious.

Never surprised when Tipsy cheers murders.

I should be, but Tipsy has applauded murder too many times to be surprised now.

“At no time did Hobby Lobby ever purchase items from dealers in Iraq or from anyone who indicated that they acquired items from that country,” the retailer said. “Hobby Lobby condemns such conduct and has always acted with the intent to protect ancient items of cultural and historical importance.”

Hobby Lobby Returns 'Priceless' Artifacts Smuggled from Iraq

I was wondering why the OP's employer would have him post this; then I saw that it was an anti-Christian effort.

Please explain what makes Hobby Lobby Christian? Did it love thy neighbor, or steal from it.

Read the OP, moron.

I did. Did you?

BTW, it is customary afix your signature and capitalize your name to the line below the text. For example:

Read the OP,

Moron

OP is clear about it's anti-Christian spin. I can't cure you of your idiocy.

Nope, you can't cure that, that does not exist.

Idiocy doesn't exist? Well, you're an idiot, so.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back