DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby For Smuggling Ancient Iraqi Artifacts

Where do smuggling and contraception fall on the morality scale? Are they comparable?
Right up there with pussy-grabbing hero worship.
15036508_1372541812776129_6318412836984348170_n.jpg

Where do smuggling and contraception fall on the morality scale? Are they comparable?
yet you love and adore Bubba Clinton. What gives?
I do? Is this when you on the Right tell people what they think and believe?
Yes.
What an amazing power you have. Why aren't you Emperor of the World with that ability?

Yes.
What an amazing power you have. Why aren't you Emperor of the World with that ability?
I am. You just don't know it because you are slow.

Yes.
I am. You just don't know it because you are slow.
Ok....so chalk you up as delusional. Gotcha. :thup:

595d71c21500006303bfc3dd.jpeg

The arts and crafts chain has agreed to forfeit the items and pay millions in fines.

Hobby Lobby has agreed pay a $3 million fine and forfeit thousands of smuggled ancient Iraqi artifacts to settle a lawsuit brought by the Department of Justice.

The settlement, which the DOJ announced Wednesday, is the culmination of a years-long federal investigation into the arts and crafts chain’s efforts to grow its private collection of historically significant cultural items.

Hobby Lobby shipped ancient artifacts to its Oklahoma headquarters from around 2009 to at least 2011, the DOJ complaint says. U.S. Customs and Border Protection intercepted several of the packages and found the shipping labels misleadingly described the contents as ceramic or clay tiles and falsely declared the artifacts’ countries of origin as Turkey and Israel, according to the DOJ.

In reality, the shipments contained thousands of cuneiform tablets, or ancient clay slabs used for writing, and clay bullae, or ancient seals, that originated from what is now modern-day Iraq.

The smuggled items were likely destined for the Museum of the Bible, which the Christian family that owns Hobby Lobby is funding and hopes to open in November.

More: DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby For Smuggling Ancient Iraqi Artifacts

Shame on the so-called "Christian" family that owns Hobby Lobby.

If laws were broken, they should suffer the consequences. It's pretty simple.

595d71c21500006303bfc3dd.jpeg

The arts and crafts chain has agreed to forfeit the items and pay millions in fines.

Hobby Lobby has agreed pay a $3 million fine and forfeit thousands of smuggled ancient Iraqi artifacts to settle a lawsuit brought by the Department of Justice.

The settlement, which the DOJ announced Wednesday, is the culmination of a years-long federal investigation into the arts and crafts chain’s efforts to grow its private collection of historically significant cultural items.

Hobby Lobby shipped ancient artifacts to its Oklahoma headquarters from around 2009 to at least 2011, the DOJ complaint says. U.S. Customs and Border Protection intercepted several of the packages and found the shipping labels misleadingly described the contents as ceramic or clay tiles and falsely declared the artifacts’ countries of origin as Turkey and Israel, according to the DOJ.

In reality, the shipments contained thousands of cuneiform tablets, or ancient clay slabs used for writing, and clay bullae, or ancient seals, that originated from what is now modern-day Iraq.

The smuggled items were likely destined for the Museum of the Bible, which the Christian family that owns Hobby Lobby is funding and hopes to open in November.

More: DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby For Smuggling Ancient Iraqi Artifacts

Shame on the so-called "Christian" family that owns Hobby Lobby.
It's a hilarious story on the sanctimonious bastard hypocrites, but I have to say I'm surprised the mods moved my thread on the exact same thing yesterday.

Hobby Lobby taking those artifacts might have been the only thing that saved them. Isis was destroying Iraq's history as fast as they could find the artifacts.

Our left doesn't like preservation of history because they are destroying ours. Two peas in a pod. Isis and leftists.

Thank God for Hobby Lobby.

Forum List

Back