DOJ Closes Three Insider Trading Investigations Of U.S. Senators

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
We previously discussed the insider trading allegations against Senators Richard Burr (R., N.C.) Dianne Feinstein (D., Cal.), James Inhofe (R., Okla.), and Kelly Loeffler (R., Ga.) over the selling of stocks after briefings early in the pandemic. As I stated earlier, I am highly skeptical of such cases as a criminal defense attorney as viable due to the difficulty in both the elements and the proof needed for such a charge. Yesterday, the Justice Department dropped three of the four investigations. Only Burr remains under investigation.

The continuing investigation of Burr is not surprising since he admitted that he personally directed the trades himself while insisting that he relied entirely on public media accounts.

ow much more proof do you need before you realize it's all rigged?

"Embattled Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s (R-GA) husband made his largest-ever federal political contribution last month with a seven-figure donation to a super PAC supporting President Donald Trump's re-election, according to Federal Election Commission records released on Wednesday. A filing from the pro-Trump group America First Action shows that Jeff Sprecher, the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, donated $1 million to the group in late April, as Loeffler sought to beat back allegations of insider trading after she and Sprecher unloaded millions of dollars in stock in the wake of a closed-door Senate briefing on the novel coronavirus."

I'm sure the $1M contribution to Trump's PAC had nothing to do with the investigation being dropped. Just like I'm sure Burr's committee's reports in support of the intel community's findings that Russia helped Trump has nothing to do with the investigation in to him not being dropped.

Forum List

Back