Dog or Wife

Neither of us will ever know. Be honest. Do you really think a dog’s life is more valuable than a human’s life? There is no way you have been able to keep a relationship if you treat your partners as insignificant trash. I just don’t see it. Either you are lying or you are telling the truth. I don’t see a third option.
Pets are helpless and don't have a choice. Your g/f chose to have a relationship with you and can chose to leave or to train your pets to make the relationship better--she apparently doesn't think you are worth the efforts.

I had a boyfriend once that told me him or the cat. I said "my cat was with me long before you and will be with me long after you". My partner understood better. He said "if I ever told her to choose between me or the dog, I would be at the curb holding a suitcase and a milk bone ".

I appreciate it guys. In the exercise I would have chose my wife but it is interesting to find out that many people value their dogs more than their spouse.

So why do you have them?

This is just a hypothetical situation to inspire honesty. I got the honesty I was seeking. A lot of people in here revealed their values. It’s sad but not surprising. Dog owners are stereotypically clinically insane. I know that doesn’t include all dog owners but it is a very large portion of them as I have proven with this thread. Anybody who chooses a dog over their spouse needs intense therapy.

I’m leaning towards my wife. I’m sure my dogs will find a good home. I don’t know where my wife would go.

I love my dogs but I want my wife to be happy. I think she just hates dog shit, dog hair, and the constant barking. I can see where she is coming from. You guys were quick to respond. I appreciate the feedback. I still got time to ponder on it.

There are other breeds of dogs that shed less hair and are much quieter.

Once you adopt a dog, they are your responsibility
Unless the dog has a viscous streak, you learn to live with their peculiarities

Once you adopt a dog, they are your responsibility
Unless the dog has a viscous streak, you learn to live with their peculiarities

But kick a spouse to the curb. Right?

I made a legal commitment to my wife. I made zero commitment to my dog.

This way of thinking is whack and it’s comical that many don’t see how disgusting it is to choose your dog over your spouse.

In your book I am gross for choosing my wife. I guess I will have to live with your disgust of me. I’m sure I’ll manage.

This way of thinking is whack and it’s comical that many don’t see how disgusting it is to choose your dog over your spouse.

In your book I am gross for choosing my wife. I guess I will have to live with your disgust of me. I’m sure I’ll manage.
She needs to make the sacrifice, not you and definitely not the dog
Unless she has a severe allergy, she needs to tolerate your pets.
Says much about her character, no “Choice” should be demanded

She needs to make the sacrifice, not you and definitely not the dog
Unless she has a severe allergy, she needs to tolerate your pets.
Says much about her character, no “Choice” should be demanded

Don’t back peddle. Would you choose the wife or the dog?

Don’t back peddle. Would you choose the wife or the dog?

If she made such an ultimatum out of no practical reason than jealousy or intolerance of dogs……
I would consider it a major character flaw worthy of dumping her

This is just a hypothetical situation to inspire honesty. I got the honesty I was seeking. A lot of people in here revealed their values. It’s sad but not surprising. Dog owners are stereotypically clinically insane. I know that doesn’t include all dog owners but it is a very large portion of them as I have proven with this thread. Anybody who chooses a dog over their spouse needs intense therapy.
Hopefully you do not own a dog.

Owning a dog is commitment.

My wife asked me yesterday to choose between the dogs and her. She is giving me one week to choose. What should I decide?

I am leaning towards choosing her. Any opinions?
Why would you choose the wife who would issue you such an ultimatum? It would seem to me she just isn't that much into you if she is willing to risk having you sacrifice your dogs. I think your dogs value you much more than does your wife. Don't let them down, please. Your wife would have even less respect for you than she does now should you choose your dependency on her over your loyal and loving dogs. You would lose in the end and those loving hearts you abandoned would also be gone.

Forum List

Back