Dog Found Tied to Railroad Tracks & Shot 3 Times

Glad to see the dog making a recovery. Still sad though. Dogs should be running free and fast!
Not really. Their evolution was engineered to make them rely on humans. Running free would put them at risk.
What evolution? There is no such thing.
OK. So dogs are still wolves then.
Every breed of canine is fertile with each other, as well as wolves. That makes them the same species. They simply express genetic traits that already existed in wolves. There was no evolution involved.

Glad to see the dog making a recovery. Still sad though. Dogs should be running free and fast!
Not really. Their evolution was engineered to make them rely on humans. Running free would put them at risk.
Every breed of canine is fertile with each other, as well as wolves. That makes them the same species. They simply express genetic traits that already existed in wolves. There was no evolution involved.
Wrong. The wolf traits that encouraged dependence on humans were intentionally exacerbated by humans and the ensuing evolution generated.

Wrong. The wolf traits that encouraged dependence on humans were intentionally exacerbated by humans and the ensuing evolution generated.
Once again. There was no evolution involved. I keep seeing people on here, going on about how different species evolved. How they became separated then mutated until they could no longer interbreed. They became a different species. Dogs are still fertile with wolves, so they are the same species. Therefore, no evolution has taken place.

Once again. There was no evolution involved. I keep seeing people on here, going on about how different species evolved. How they became separated then mutated until they could no longer interbreed. They became a different species. Dogs are still fertile with wolves, so they are the same species. Therefore, no evolution has taken place.
American human males used to average 5' 7" in height. That is evolution.

Aparently you're too stupid to know the difference between evolution and genetic expression. There is also the fact that the majority of Americans are immigrants, or descended from immigrants. Don't you think that might have had something to do with it?

Aparently you're too stupid to know the difference between evolution and genetic expression. There is also the fact that the majority of Americans are immigrants, or descended from immigrants. Don't you think that might have had something to do with it?
It's all evolution.

It's all evolution.
Sorry, but you're an idiot. I'd love to stay and chat, but I have better things to do, like clean the gutters on my rain spouts.

Florida sucks when it comes to domestic animal abuse & Tampa has it own set of rules.. Hope they find the pigs that did this & look into dog fighting that might be involved in this cruelty also..

Dogs were once wolves?
All breeds of dogs are descended from wolves.

Not what I personally believe.... But the so-called scientific community wouldn't back that assertion up:

Dogs are more closely related to each other than to wolves - but they evolved from a common ancestor 34 000 years ago Daily Mail Online
I don't see how that could possibly be correct. Wolves can breed with dogs. Therefore, they are the same species. Right?

If you evolve from a common 'ancestor' then why wouldn't they be able to breed? Been a long time since BIO class for me. But I know that's not all that uncommon.

Not what I personally believe.... But the so-called scientific community wouldn't back that assertion up:

Dogs are more closely related to each other than to wolves - but they evolved from a common ancestor 34 000 years ago Daily Mail Online
I don't see how that could possibly be correct. Wolves can breed with dogs. Therefore, they are the same species. Right?

If you evolve from a common 'ancestor' then why wouldn't they be able to breed? Been a long time since BIO class for me. But I know that's not all that uncommon.
But aren't there historical accounts of how wolves were bred? I believe it started in China.

A widely held belief is that dogs evolved from gray wolves, but a new study finds that the common ancestor of dogs and wolves went extinct thousands of years ago.

What's more, the extensive DNA analysis -- published in the latest PLoS Genetics -- found that dogs are more closely related to each other than to wolves, regardless of their geographic origin. The genetic overlap seen today between dogs and wolves is likely then due to interbreeding after dog domestication.

"The common ancestor of dogs and wolves was a large, wolf-like animal that lived between 9,000 and 34,000 years ago," Robert Wayne, co-senior author of the study, told Discovery News. "Based on DNA evidence, it lived in Europe."

Forum List

Back