Does Race Even Exist?

In fact, race is a powerful biological, evolutionary, physiological reality....

Wrong. The "powerful biological, evolutionary, physiological reality" is that HUMANS of any 'race' will get together as nature dictates wherever and whenever possible, regardless of the fabrications of cowards like YOU.

Yet historically they didn't get together at all. They remained in their continents of origin for thousands of years. Today, human beings are remarkably resistant to interacting with other racial groups. It took forced slavery, for instance, for blacks and whites to come to find themselves in the same society. In places like New York City, racial segregation is proven by neighborhood and school demographics.
You sound ignorant. Of course they got together historically. There were Black Greeks and Romans. In Egypt there was a mixture of races after the the Hyskos and the Greeks invaded.

Actually, most Caucasians have some percentage of Neanderthal DNA. At some point in human history, there was interbreeding. A pure African has no Neanderthal DNA, because Neanderthals were never below the Sahara.

I don't believe that most Caucasians are related to the the Neanderthals especially those Caucasians who are from the actually area of Caucasus or the Levant but wouldn't it render those Caucasians who actually do have Neanderthal DNA as subhuman because after all the brain-eating cannibalistic Neanderthals weren't exactly homo sapiens.

Believe what you want, but science says otherwise:

How much Neanderthal DNA do you have Lots Fox News
Some of you obviously have more Neanderthal DNA than others. I suspect thats what makes you act the way you do.

We can all reproduce with any ethnicity. All ethnicities looks alike (but for minor variances.) If you used a Star Trek transporter and turned us inside out we'd all look exactly alike. :) And blind people (or blindfolded people) would be hard-pressed to tell the difference of one ethnicity to another (assuming no regional accents were present.)

So is racism or bigotry based on ethnicity even sensible? If the only difference is skin pigment, then how different are we really? As that crazy white woman with a tanning fetish showed, white can become black if you lie in a tanning bed long enough. And of course as Michael Jackson showed, born black doesn't mean forever black ;) Do people with racist or bigoted feelings lose those feelings if a person's skin color changes?

What if in the near-future, genetic engineering allows us to choose our babie's skin pigment regardless of its parents'? What if 'black babies' could be given caucasian skin pigment and features? Is bigotry and racism really about superficial visuals?
Why in the hell would you want to make a Black babys skin pink or have caucasian features? No thanks.

There are cultural differences between some races (I prefer to use the term breed) that stem from their approach to the world. We are all one race but just like different breeds of dog are all Canis Lupus Familiaris some dogs go about things differently. There is something indefinable about the different breeds of human that science has yet to discover or if it has been discovered it has been kept a secret.

I KNEW someone was gonna make that a thing. Insert any colors ya want. White babies being made black. Doesn't matter.

We can all reproduce with any ethnicity. All ethnicities looks alike (but for minor variances.) If you used a Star Trek transporter and turned us inside out we'd all look exactly alike. :) And blind people (or blindfolded people) would be hard-pressed to tell the difference of one ethnicity to another (assuming no regional accents were present.)

So is racism or bigotry based on ethnicity even sensible? If the only difference is skin pigment, then how different are we really? As that crazy white woman with a tanning fetish showed, white can become black if you lie in a tanning bed long enough. And of course as Michael Jackson showed, born black doesn't mean forever black ;) Do people with racist or bigoted feelings lose those feelings if a person's skin color changes?

What if in the near-future, genetic engineering allows us to choose our babie's skin pigment regardless of its parents'? What if 'black babies' could be given caucasian skin pigment and features? Is bigotry and racism really about superficial visuals?
Why in the hell would you want to make a Black babys skin pink or have caucasian features? No thanks.

There are cultural differences between some races (I prefer to use the term breed) that stem from their approach to the world. We are all one race but just like different breeds of dog are all Canis Lupus Familiaris some dogs go about things differently. There is something indefinable about the different breeds of human that science has yet to discover or if it has been discovered it has been kept a secret.

I KNEW someone was gonna make that a thing. Insert any colors ya want. White babies being made black. Doesn't matter.
That would make a little more sense but not much. We dont live outside as much now though. I like all the different races. It would suck if all of that disappeared and everyone looked alike. I was in Korea for 2 years and it drove me bonkers.

That would make a little more sense but not much. We dont live outside as much now though. I like all the different races. It would suck if all of that disappeared and everyone looked alike. I was in Korea for 2 years and it drove me bonkers.

Anthropologists say the human race will eventually be some tannish color. Even the "average American" by 2050 will be a brownish-tan instead of 'white.'

National Geographic Determined What Americans Will Look Like in 2050 and It s Beautiful - Mic

Anthropologists say the human race will eventually be some tannish color. Even the "average American" by 2050 will be a brownish-tan instead of 'white.'

National Geographic Determined What Americans Will Look Like in 2050 and It s Beautiful - Mic
I think they are just pushing tolerance and "race" mixing. There will be some whites that will resort to inbreeding to keep their whiteness. Same with other ethnicities. Mark my words. The other thing is that there are more Black people on this planet than anyone else except Asians. Those genes are more dominant than any other genes. If everyone mixed it wouldnt be long before everyone was Black again like homo sapiens started off.

Forum List

Back